facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 03:12 PM
Street Cricketer

I think we need someone to intimidate bowlers. One down should be Ash.. fielding limitation will help him to score more runs... hit more easy boundries and not get out... I have noticed we always lose two wickets within 50. I don't see any point of Ash coming at 4. He can play any bowlers and any balls (new or worn out)..
Bring him at 3..

Old June 25, 2005, 03:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Its too early to say about Abir? You guys get excited soon.Let this lad settle down first.Iqbal was not that bad.Iam wondering about our senior players.Bashar himself with Javed Omar.Mashud,and Tushar Imran.The way they throw away their wickets!Its just alarming for the future players to come!Javed often plays across the line and get himself plumb LBW.Todays dismissals was just a Photo Copy of his last dismissals.We never learn from our mistakes!!!
Old June 25, 2005, 03:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
This is what I mean by knee-jerk! After every match on this tour, your team has changed! How can our best XI change after every game? Before this one, you wanted Rana at 3. Now you want Rajin at 3. Next match, God knows who you will want at 3!
how did you figure that out, i mean changing the best eleven after each match? i've been saying the same thing again and again that tushar is worthless and he is proving me right in every match, so i'm asking to bring in rajin instead before every match. can u show a post where i wanted rana at number 3? go do that, or edit your post because if u can't your post turns out to be a lie.

about triggering a collapse, no after playing good 8-10 over or a 90 runs partnership when a batsman goes out that not a collapse, thats cricket. when a batsman goes out on the next ball without scoring or after a few ball thats is collapse. so, no JO or abir did not start the collapse. tushar started one which was checked by ash and abir but there was no one to check it when bashar started the next one. you might say how come my favorite rana did not stop that collapse. well, the answer is this is his first game in england. if he was given the chances he deserve instead of someone who is doing nothing, he would have better chance fighting.

now, i know you are sympathetic to underachiever, and that could be the reason you supporting tushar, but the fact remains the same, Underachiever . and should not be within 100 miles of the national team.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

actually...this is the performance that we expected from abir. we shouldn't be surprised. and from what we saw last night (day?), besides a few technical deficiencies, the guy looks a good batsman. this is specially encouraging, because a lefty opener would be awesome. and he's young, so his technique will be refined as he goes along.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
Quote:
This is what I mean by knee-jerk! After every match on this tour, your team has changed! How can our best XI change after every game? Before this one, you wanted Rana at 3. Now you want Rajin at 3. Next match, God knows who you will want at 3!
how did you figure that out, i mean changing the best eleven after each match? i've been saying the same thing again and again that tushar is worthless and he is proving me right in every match, so i'm asking to bring in rajin instead before every match. can u show a post where i wanted rana at number 3? go do that, or edit your post because if u can't your post turns out to be a lie.

about triggering a collapse, no after playing good 8-10 over or a 90 runs partnership when a batsman goes out that not a collapse, thats cricket. when a batsman goes out on the next ball without scoring or after a few ball thats is collapse. so, no JO or abir did not start the collapse. tushar started one which was checked by ash and abir but there was no one to check it when bashar started the next one. you might say how come my favorite rana did not stop that collapse. well, the answer is this is his first game in england. if he was given the chances he deserve instead of someone who is doing nothing, he would have better chance fighting.

now, i know you are sympathetic to underachiever, and that could be the reason you supporting tushar, but the fact remains the same, Underachiever . and should not be within 100 miles of the national team.
Firstly, I don't have the time or inclination to go look for your previous post, but you started a huge argument with me about having Rana instead of Tushar which I am sure everyone here remembers. You weren't arguing with me about having Rajin instead of Tushar, because then it would not be an argument. Whether you wanted him at 3 or 4 or 5 is irrelevant. You wanted Rana in place of Tushar and now you want Rajin in place of Tushar.

Secondly, try to understand the difference between the words collapse and trigger. Every batsman that gets out in a collapse is part of that collapse. Whereas the first batsman triggers. Not the second. If you want to differ, thats fine, but a person whose wicket leads to 100+ run partnerships cant be accused of triggering collapses. That is just absurd!

Thirdly, I wasn't supporting Tushar, and I made that clear in my last post. Read before you reply. Like I said, drop Tushar if you want, but stop changing your best XI after every match. It does your credibility no good! If you wanted Rana as a batsman then, why dont you advocate the same now and see how many people support you on that?

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:00 PM GMT, by Sham.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:04 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

once again, NO

My argument was (and is, want the link of that thread?) that Rana is a better batsman than tushar and i'm still saying this. But I wanted rana instead of taposh as taposh was terribly out of form, did said rana should replace Tushar at number 3 even though that is not too bad of an idea. I showed 3 players who are worse than rana, do u think that means i wanted rana 3 times in the team? i've been saying this that number 3 is a tricky position and a inform geniun number 3 should be there. at his point only ash or aftab is a possibility who can see the new ball thru, can hit the bad ball out, and can protect the wicket and slow down if needed. tushar hits out everything he plays in the air, no place to suit him in actually. rana does not have all the shots so he can't be number 3 either. he is needed in a place where fighting is a requirement, down the order or as a sheet anchor opener.

btw, have you read the prothom alo today, here is a interesting paragraph:
[img=550x80]http://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/~mrislam/dhash.jpg[/img]

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:20 PM GMT, by Rubu.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 11:04 PM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: image resized

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 11:06 PM GMT, by Sami.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

1.JO, even though not good in taking singles, is the best option now
2.Sahriar
3.Aftab, can play new ball and get boundaries in first 15 overs without taking as many risks as ash
4.Ash, Bd needs more of him in middle overs, can play spinners well, we cant afford to lose him within 15 overs
5.Bashar, one false innings doesnt make him bad
6.tushar, better against spinners and medium pacers(rajin's confidence is really low, if only he could come up with some scores)
7.Rafiq, should be given more balls to play than pilot
8. Rana, adds depth
9. pilot
10.mashrafi
11. nazmul/taposh(really cant decide on this one, it is the Mr hopeless position but balance may tilt in favor of taposh because he is more potent)

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:25 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
once again, NO

My argument was (and is, want the link of that thread?) that Rana is a better batsman than tushar and i'm still saying this. But I wanted rana instead of taposh as taposh was terribly out of form, did said rana should replace Tushar at number 3 even though that is not too bad of an idea. I showed 3 players who are worse than rana, do u think that means i wanted rana 3 times in the team? i've been saying this that number 3 is a tricky position and a inform geniun number 3 should be there. at his point only ash or aftab is a possibility who can see the new ball thru, can hit the bad ball out, and can protect the wicket and slow down if needed. tushar hits out everything he plays in the air, no place to suit him in actually. rana does not have all the shots so he can't be number 3 either. he is needed in a place where fighting is a requirement, down the order or as a sheet anchor opener.

btw, have you read the prothom alo today, here is a interesting paragraph:

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:20 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Do I care what some Prothom Alo reporter writes? No!!

Habibul Bashar might be blaming himself for his dismissal, but he didn't blame himself for the collapse, the reporter did that.

Listen, have you ever played competitive cricket? Your whole argument is utterly flawed! It is much easier to get out when you are new to the crease than it is once you have scored 40. Its not the other way around like you claim.

When you get a start, you should stay on and carry on. When you get out, two or three wickets can easily fall because batsmen new to the crease can get out easily and your wicket may trigger a collapse. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE!! IF you don't understand that, then your cricketing knowledge is about as impressive as our sports reporters' and that my friend is no compliment!

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:26 PM GMT, by Sham.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 11:03 PM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: removed the pic from rubu's quoted post... look at the original post for reference.
Old June 25, 2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I think in ODI Ashraful shud open. He can play normally as oppse to a pich hitter and also he is most equiped to take adv of first 15 overs. Sooner or later JO has to go, at least, as far as ODI is concerned. There are three contenders for the openning slot: both Nafeeses and Hannan Sarkar (O Yes!). Hannan plays straight usually in the V area and more often than not gets behind the line of the ball and also gets to the pitch of the ball. He is generally good against pace. Obviously, his major setback is playing swinging-left-arm-pacers. If he get over this and develops other aspects of his batting than we might have solved our openning problem.
Old June 25, 2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sham

When you get a start, you should stay on and carry on. When you get out, two or three wickets can easily fall because batsmen new to the crease can get out easily and your wicket may trigger a collapse. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:26 PM GMT, by Sham.

When you get a start, you should stay on and carry on. When you get out, two or three wickets can easily fall because[ BD ] batsmen new to the crease can get out easily and your wicket may trigger a collapse. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!

This law might not apply to other nationalities. They usually know how to check a collapse by playing responsibally!!
Old June 25, 2005, 07:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
1.JO, even though not good in taking singles, is the best option now
2.Sahriar
3.Aftab, can play new ball and get boundaries in first 15 overs without taking as many risks as ash
4.Ash, Bd needs more of him in middle overs, can play spinners well, we cant afford to lose him within 15 overs
5.Bashar, one false innings doesnt make him bad
6.tushar, better against spinners and medium pacers(rajin's confidence is really low, if only he could come up with some scores)
7.Rafiq, should be given more balls to play than pilot
8. Rana, adds depth
9. pilot
10.mashrafi
11. nazmul/taposh(really cant decide on this one, it is the Mr hopeless position but balance may tilt in favor of taposh because he is more potent)

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 9:25 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.
I think it is a good team. Nazmul needs to play instead of Taposh. Taposh is not suitable for ODI. He gives too many no bowl + line and lengh is not good as it is needed in ODI.

you are right Aftab takes run without risk. He is suitable at no. 3
and Tushar number 6.

yes, Rana add depth + his spin will be helpfull against english batsman who are not comfortable with spin.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 12:16 AM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.