facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 03:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
our bd team is to some extent an underachiever, but we should act like professional players and display professionalism in the field....

Definition of professionalism is different from a Muslim to a non-Muslim.

Old June 25, 2005, 04:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
You probably feel shy to show you are a Muslim, how sad.
Homosexuals do not hesitate to talk about their practices, G W Bush does not hesitate to call "crusade", TV presentations never forget their "CROSS" , and "Oh my God" is mentioned all the time, and you feel shy about Islam... tragic.

That was a natural thing for a young man, and it was encouraging to see a young Muslim's courage to show his gratitude to Allah who gave him the skills.

Whats the big deal with being a muslim?
Old June 25, 2005, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

He is just displaying his gratefulness to His Creator, with an act that is unobtrusive and not interfering with anyone else.
I dont see any need to blow it out of proportion
Old June 25, 2005, 10:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
I suppose you are not Muslim. So, why don't you make a post in "forget cricket" section and we can discuss more.
Old June 25, 2005, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dawah.tabligh
Quote:
Originally posted by roi
I suppose you are not Muslim. So, why don't you make a post in "forget cricket" section and we can discuss more.
How do you guess i am not a muslim? Coz of my nickname?hahahahahaFirst of all,this is a platform of all bangladeshi...and bangladesh is not a country of 100.00% muslim.
Please keep ur religous thoughts apart of cricket.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:16 PM
Club Cricketer

It's amazing how people will make a big deal out of merely nothing. So the commentators called it kissing the ground. It's a common gesture; kissing the bat, kissing the helmet. In this case, they thought he kissed the ground. It's a common practice in almost any sport, specially when it's played on grass. Is it really worth opening a thread for, or discussing on? I mean, just check the later posts and discussions and see how far threads like this may go.

Oh, and if Bangladesh beating Australia wasn't a shock, then I suppose Canada beating Bangladesh wasn't a shock either. I mean, they also did make it to the World Cup, didn't they?

I feel really bad to hit back at any members on any topic. More often than not it discourages people. But sometimes its really hard to keep quiet...
Old June 25, 2005, 12:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
Quote:
Originally posted by dawah.tabligh
Quote:
Originally posted by roi
How do you guess i am not a muslim? Coz of my nickname?hahahahahaFirst of all,this is a platform of all bangladeshi...and bangladesh is not a country of 100.00% muslim.
Got to agree with this. Many non-Bangladeshis and non-muslisms also post here. If we start recognizing every victory as victory for religion then, you should start seeing every loss also as a loss for religion. Now, that is not a comfortable position to take, IMO. Let religion be restricted to salvation. At least let it not encroach into the domain of sports.
Old June 25, 2005, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I don't mind Ash giving sijdah or kissing pitch, both are fine.

But an ODI century is not a very big deal in today's cricket, so I think only raising the bat is enough.
Old June 25, 2005, 08:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
you are the one who started it by saying "whats the big deal of being a muslim"?? its hurtful for us, actual practising muslim, to be told to us that its not a big deal.....

but anywayz,...i better be quiet or have the mods and admins on my back for spreading "religious propaganda"....
Old June 25, 2005, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ganesh

Got to agree with this. Many non-Bangladeshis and non-muslisms also post here. If we start recognizing every victory as victory for religion then, you should start seeing every loss also as a loss for religion. Now, that is not a comfortable position to take, IMO. Let religion be restricted to salvation. At least let it not encroach into the domain of sports.
Winning and losing has nothing to do with religion. We are talking about an action of Mohammed Ashraful. Don't go off topic here. And application of religion varies with personality. You are welcome to continue with your views of your religion Ganesh.
Old June 25, 2005, 08:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
Mohammed Ashraful did a very Islamic thing, thanked Allah for the great 100 by prostrating. I am sorry if that hurts you.

Quote:
Religion is part of life. And a Muslim is a Muslim even when he hits a 100. Don't get so sensitive, you may not care about religion, but others might.
Old June 25, 2005, 08:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

when i first saw ash "kissing the pitch" against india i thought that that was what he was doing. however, it is now evident that it was indeed a sajdah.

being a muslim is a big deal only for muslims; in that case being a muslim is the whole deal.

being buddhist is no deal to a jew. but being bahai means everything to a bahai.

its a wonder that people without the ability to think about such simple things exist. that they have the intelligence to remember to breathe every few seconds is quite remarkable.