facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2017, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Openers not rotating strike seems to be a desi thing, even the likes of India have Rohit and Dhawan who seem to bat at a low sr early on, unless its one of those days where Rohit is in the mood to tumble records.

Old June 9, 2017, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Man this guy says something and he scores a glorious duck
Old June 10, 2017, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

He should target the Golden bat award.
Old June 10, 2017, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Jinxed himself this time.
Old June 10, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
He should target the Golden bat award.
Has to score heavily in the next two matches.
Old June 10, 2017, 11:50 PM
Banned for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
That was an excellent delivery NoName bhai. It swang at the very last moment and also seamed after pitching. Even Gavaskar would've been fooled by that delivery.
Old January 20, 2018, 09:45 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Tamim in his last interview said that he is more mature now, he doesn't rush, He wasn't worried when he was playing dot balls because he knows he can make up later. he did make up, he finished with a 80 SR

Tamim avgs 54+ in last 3 years, which is absolutely phenomenal, if you go through cricinfo stats guru and see which openers avg more in last 3 years you'll see only warner and rohit sharma avgs more. hale, amla, guptill, de cock, dhawan, finch everyone is bellow tamim. shows how instrumental he is in our ODI success. I will give the avg link for last 3 years

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

but than I looked at the SRs of the other players in the list. almost everyone barring dilshan who has a 40+ avg has a SR of 90+. dilshan's SR is 89+. where tamim's SR lingers at 80(the same amount he proudly said he can make up even if he starts slow)

now dont get me wrong. a 80 SR is not bad. but in this day and age where T20 has shaped the limited over cricket a 80 SR is too slow. if Tamim had a SR of 100 in last match we would have ended up with 340. that 20 runs will come into conclusion when we are facing a stronger team.

yeah I know tamim is not the only offender of us not reaching 340 but since I am comparing tamim with other openers I thought talking about this only
Old January 20, 2018, 10:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Tamim in his last interview said that he is more mature now, he doesn't rush, He wasn't worried when he was playing dot balls because he knows he can make up later. he did make up, he finished with a 80 SR

Tamim avgs 54+ in last 3 years, which is absolutely phenomenal, if you go through cricinfo stats guru and see which openers avg more in last 3 years you'll see only warner and rohit sharma avgs more. hale, amla, guptill, de cock, dhawan, finch everyone is bellow tamim. shows how instrumental he is in our ODI success. I will give the avg link for last 3 years

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

but than I looked at the SRs of the other players in the list. almost everyone barring dilshan who has a 40+ avg has a SR of 90+. dilshan's SR is 89+. where tamim's SR lingers at 80(the same amount he proudly said he can make up even if he starts slow)

now dont get me wrong. a 80 SR is not bad. but in this day and age where T20 has shaped the limited over cricket a 80 SR is too slow. if Tamim had a SR of 100 in last match we would have ended up with 340. that 20 runs will come into conclusion when we are facing a stronger team.

yeah I know tamim is not the only offender of us not reaching 340 but since I am comparing tamim with other openers I thought talking about this only
I think the problem is other openers play for stronger batting sides, so they play with more freedom, Tamim has to also worry about his wicket as you know we are still looking for another good opener and n°3 has been a problem too.
Guys like Amla,Warner,Rohit can afford to take more risks as they have Kohli,Smith,ABD to follow but Tamim has to play more of an anchor role.
Also we play mostly in BD, and compared to openers from NZ,IND,SA,Aus they regularly play on high scoring grounds.
But Tamim was never really a good strike rotater, he plays too many dots, he needs to improve on that.
What I want more from him is that he converts these big 50s into 100s
Old January 20, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cricket Guru

He looked winded after his fifty in the last match. It's no wonder that he misses out on centuries so often.
Old January 21, 2018, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

His conversion rate needs to improve, dramatically.
Old January 21, 2018, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

needs 66 runs to get 6k ODI runs. wow
Old January 21, 2018, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

since the Ireland tour May 2017
64*, 23, 47, 65, 128, 95, 0, 70, 23, 84*, 84. (683)
Avg: 75.88.
Old January 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

tamim i nambar 1
Old January 21, 2018, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
since the Ireland tour May 2017
64*, 23, 47, 65, 128, 95, 0, 70, 23, 84*, 84. (683)
Avg: 75.88.
How many balls, and what's his strike rate like over this period?
Old January 21, 2018, 11:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Most of the leading opening batsmen in limited overs bat over 100 % strike rate these days....
Old January 21, 2018, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Yes, that is a very good point. Tamim runs out of gas. That is the truth. I would still want him in, because when he scores, we usually win. But I wish he scored at a faster rate. His fast starts are very misleading, because after a certain time period he sputters to dots after dots. His innings run flow is certainly one of oddest in the international circuit.

Lack of fitness, a mental blockage, or is it an intentional move? If it's an intentional move, it is dumb, because it's not like he is slogging before that, he is playing a nicely thought out well paced innings, so when you demote yourself to blocking and being scared of deliveries after that, it gives the bowlers a chance to get back in the game!

Or maybe he does consider himself to be a slogger and nothing more in his heart of hearts? Hence, justifying it in his mind later on by completely taking his foot of the gas. If that's the case, then it's a serious mental thing, because he is certainly more than a slogger. He can play.
Old January 21, 2018, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Among the openers, who scored 1K+ ODI runs in last two years, only Rohit Sharma has a better average than Tamim: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Tamim's average 61 is a strong statement what kind of stability he brought to our batting side in last two years - all the criticism aside, we should also recognize that.
Old January 21, 2018, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

If its the SR that's putting him behind the greats its because we don't have a stable opening partner and number 3. Once that is settled for a period of atleast 12-18 months he will increase his SR.
And to stop gassing out as soon as he reaches his 70-80s he needs to work more on his fitness and strength especially during off seasons. But he does look as if he has lost that pot belly he used to carry. Surprising that he didn't too that well in test cricket when he's been at his absolute best in ODI's
Old January 21, 2018, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Some people will never be satisfied.

That average says it all. He's been Mr Consistent for a while now, and although he may not have the stamina to go on and score big hundreds, I'll take an average score of 60+ every game over 120 followed by a duck every day of the week.
Old January 23, 2018, 08:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Congrats tamim on the following records:

*First Bangladesh player to 6000 ODI runs

* First Bangladesh player to 11000 international rus

*Surpassing Sanath Jayasuriya for most runs scored at a single venue in ODIs-> Jayasuriya at R Premadasa Stadium (2514), Tamim at Shere Bangla National Cricket Stadium (2549)
Old January 23, 2018, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think the problem is other openers play for stronger batting sides, so they play with more freedom, Tamim has to also worry about his wicket as you know we are still looking for another good opener and n°3 has been a problem too.
Guys like Amla,Warner,Rohit can afford to take more risks as they have Kohli,Smith,ABD to follow but Tamim has to play more of an anchor role.
Also we play mostly in BD, and compared to openers from NZ,IND,SA,Aus they regularly play on high scoring grounds.
But Tamim was never really a good strike rotater, he plays too many dots, he needs to improve on that.
What I want more from him is that he converts these big 50s into 100s
Completely Agree

I am ok with Tamim getting little slow in the mid overs. For a team like ours having Tamim till the end or close to the end is more important than him getting out for scoring runs quickly. Having said that, Tamim still has a lot of room to improve. I know he is working hard which is showing, but he needs to work more on rotating the strike.

Nonetheless, a great achievement by a Bangladeshi player to get 6000 runs !!!
Old January 23, 2018, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Tamim Iqbal has transformed himself from a quick fire cameo and inconsistent performer to some one who provide stability to our batting and performs consistently albeit at a much slower pace than before.

Even though the previous Tamim was more exciting to watch, I prefer this Tamim better. Usually we lose our first 2 batsman quite quickly and cheaply which already puts us under the back foot.

However we need some youngsters to step up and provide similar level of stability in the top order.
Old January 23, 2018, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Tamim Iqbal has transformed himself from a quick fire cameo and inconsistent performer to some one who provide stability to our batting and performs consistently albeit at a much slower pace than before.
True. This is good for the current team no doubt about that.

But ... but .... I miss the old attacking Tamim.

I wish, after he is set, if he could show his quick fire form to end his innings, that would be great.... from both end ... i.e. team's perspective as well as entertainment POV.
Old January 23, 2018, 12:36 PM
Cricket Sage

So no one else is gonna talk about the record he broke?
Old January 23, 2018, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
True. This is good for the current team no doubt about that.

But ... but .... I miss the old attacking Tamim.

I wish, after he is set, if he could show his quick fire form to end his innings, that would be great.... from both end ... i.e. team's perspective as well as entertainment POV.
I miss the old one too, as he was so flamboyant and so aggressive. But for team's sake I prefer this one