facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Default javed again eating up deliveries

why cant he simply get singles and get srtike rotating? he is putting pressure on his partner as well.

either blocks or full strokes. why he forgets he is playing one day cricket?

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 11:12 AM GMT, by BangladeshFan.

Old June 26, 2005, 06:14 AM
BC Editorial Team

I guess you want a repeat of yesterday
Old June 26, 2005, 06:14 AM
Banned

totally agree with you.He hasn`t, isnt and never will be a good one day player..
Old June 26, 2005, 06:15 AM
BC Editorial Team

Wasting of deliveries is getting allout with 15 overs to spare
Old June 26, 2005, 06:15 AM
Banned

Javed Omar (RHB) 38 76 4 0 50.00 :P:P
Old June 26, 2005, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

JO is doing ok for a team which cannot play off the whole 50 overs.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tintin
Wasting of deliveries is getting allout with 15 overs to spare
you get all out when u play javed's way. trying to hit out symonds when they should be just looking to push singles. that is how ODIs are played.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

just what i predicted tushar is out. javed will remain there as a trouble.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

BD can't even bat full 50 overs...... i dont know how u guys call javed a "trouble"?.........seriously, i begin to worry about the cricket-intellenge of some of our friends here......it has been proven that if bd has wicket in hand, they can take lots of run in the last 10 overs....so keep patience man....
Old June 26, 2005, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree, Javed needs to rotate the strike. He doesn't need to play those awful swipes across the line to get out and for Bangladesh to get all out in 35 overs, but I don't understand why he can't just try to look for a single or two. Even in his 50 strike rate, most of it is through boundaries, he wastes an amazing amount of deliveries.

I am not going to blame Golla for Tushar's dismissal, that ball was too close to cut even at the best of times. But he invariable puts pressure on his partners to look for runs when he plays out 4 or 5 dot balls every over when you just need to keep the scoreboard ticking over for a nice 3 or 4 every over.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:32 AM
Club Cricketer

I totally agree with you sunny.
looks like some of our friends been watching too much twenty twenty cricket...
u talk cricket intellenge.... none of them have a clue
they moan about everyting
Old June 26, 2005, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny747
BD can't even bat full 50 overs...... i dont know how u guys call javed a "trouble"?.........seriously, i begin to worry about the cricket-intellenge of some of our friends here......it has been proven that if bd has wicket in hand, they can take lots of run in the last 10 overs....so keep patience man....
I don't understand why people associate taking singles with getting out. No one is telling him to play expansive drives like the one he got dropped off today. Just push the balls into the gaps and run some quick singles.

Look at the 24th over, Bashar takes 3 off the first three balls, and Golla plays out four balls for no runs!

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 11:35 AM GMT, by Sham.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:35 AM
Banned

"i dont know how u guys call javed a "trouble"?.........seriously, i begin to worry about the cricket-intellenge of some of our friends here......i"

U need to check ur cricket intelligence mate. We need the singles just as well as the wickets. That one day cricket is all about. You dont need those awful shots for 4 and 6 but the singles must be taken easily.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 11:36 AM GMT, by Lovely_cr.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't know how Javed is causing trouble to anyone. He gives some respectability to our team. It is not that we are 5 wickets down at the 50 over time. I really don't understand what some people think.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
I agree, Javed needs to rotate the strike. He doesn't need to play those awful swipes across the line to get out and for Bangladesh to get all out in 35 overs, but I don't understand why he can't just try to look for a single or two. Even in his 50 strike rate, most of it is through boundaries, he wastes an amazing amount of deliveries.

I am not going to blame Golla for Tushar's dismissal, that ball was too close to cut even at the best of times. But he invariable puts pressure on his partners to look for runs when he plays out 4 or 5 dot balls every over when you just need to keep the scoreboard ticking over for a nice 3 or 4 every over.

He is such a limited batsman and keeps so much pressure on the partner! He single handed reduced the runrate from above 5 to under 4 .
Old June 26, 2005, 06:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow, people are talking about cricketing intelligence on a thread about Golla not taking enough singles, thats quite rich for this board.

I'll give you guys a piece of cricketing intelligence: Its great that he wants to play the sheet anchor role, and every good team total probably needs one. So from that point of view, Javed is doing fine. But the most important attribute required to do that is to be able to rotate strike with singles and to give the strokemakers as much of the strike as possible!

So much for giving our team respectibility when he played an awful shot, got dropped at first slip, and now he refuses to rotate the strike! Play sensibly, thats fine, but try to keep the scoreboard moving by giving as much of the strike to the strokeplayers as possible!
Old June 26, 2005, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
BD can't even bat full 50 overs...... i dont know how u guys call javed a "trouble"?.........seriously, i begin to worry about the cricket-intellenge of some of our friends here......
A batsman who can't take singles regularly and rotate strikes is a bad ODI batsman. End of the story. Check Rahul Dravid's career for example. Dravid became a good ODI batsman when he learned to take singles. And Javed isn't Dravid, he can't play all kind of shots and unlike Dravid, his defence isn't perfect either.

Quote:
it has been proven that if bd has wicket in hand, they can take lots of run in the last 10 overs....so keep patience man....
Not very true. If they can do it one time, they fail at least 3 times.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
So much for giving our team respectibility when he played an awful shot, got dropped at first slip, and now he refuses to rotate the strike! Play sensibly, thats fine, but try to keep the scoreboard moving by giving as much of the strike to the strokeplayers as possible!
Old June 26, 2005, 06:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
BD can't even bat full 50 overs...... i dont know how u guys call javed a "trouble"?.........seriously, i begin to worry about the cricket-intellenge of some of our friends here......
A batsman who can't take singles regularly and rotate strikes is a bad ODI batsman. End of the story. Check Rahul Dravid's career for example. Dravid became a good ODI batsman when he learned to take singles. And Javed isn't Dravid, he can't play all kind of shots and unlike Dravid, his defence isn't perfect either.

Quote:
it has been proven that if bd has wicket in hand, they can take lots of run in the last 10 overs....so keep patience man....
Not very true. If they can do it one time, they fail at least 3 times.
A agree abt the rotating of strike with the stroke players at the other end..look now what happened? 3 down...Javed is still there.....it's better to be there instead of getting out at this point. ANd that's what he is doing. Anyway, i guess i shouldn't comment any further, coz i'm just listening the commentry on BBC ....I may not understand quite right compare to those of you are really watching it live........
Old June 26, 2005, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

another run out, ,cant take singles, cant play one day cricket.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Playing 50 overs does not mean that you have to give 4/5 dot balls every over.

Taking riskfree singles should not be that difficult.

Negative cricket never gives you positive result.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

wHY CANT jAVED GO OUT???Cant play one day cricket.....what the point of playing 50 overs and scoring 150-160?? we suck
Old June 26, 2005, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
another run out, ,cant take singles, cant play one day cricket.
Haha, when Javed decides to take a single, Bashar gets run out. This is almost comic!! Tons of spaces around the ground to push the ball and take comfortable singles, but he pushes it to cover and runs out his partner!
Old June 26, 2005, 06:57 AM
Banned

apnar tumi theke tumi dhaken sunny747
Old June 26, 2005, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Why does anyone run when the ball goes to Collingwood? When the ball goes to people like Jonty , Collingwood, Kaif or Ponting inside the circle, you don't run! You just don't!