facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2017, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
dont you see other normal posters here or did you have a mental crackdown after the bcci = icc saga and your eyes only see the trollish posts?

it would be ok if you troll those trollish posts sometimes but check your last 100 odd posts, all you do is troll now. at least other Indian posters here take part in meaningful conversations.

enough is enough, if you find something you don't like report the post.
Reported.

Before you start jumping at every post by the other side and threaten them with your moderator privileges, take a look at your own side. Facebook posts with words such as "rendu", "kulangar", "mother****" are just the beginning, often in reply to a post that was fairly innocent as - "Bangladesh will go into the final.......if they change their Dhaka airport name as "FInal"'. There are images circulating with India's flag pasted on a dog being chased by a tiger with a Bangladeshi flag.

Don't try to preach to me about what they've done. There are rapists and murderers and low lives in India, and there are rapists and murderers and low lives in Bangladesh.

Make sure to not act as if you represent the better side. You don't. Don't jump at everything. Let people talk.

Old June 14, 2017, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

One love, One heart, Let's get together and feel alright.
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old June 14, 2017, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
Reported.

Before you start jumping at every post by the other side and threaten them with your moderator privileges, take a look at your own side. Facebook posts with words such as "rendu", "kulangar", "mother****" are just the beginning, often in reply to a post that was fairly innocent as - "Bangladesh will go into the final.......if they change their Dhaka airport name as "FInal"'. There are images circulating with India's flag pasted on a dog being chased by a tiger with a Bangladeshi flag.

Don't try to preach to me about what they've done. There are rapists and murderers and low lives in India, and there are rapists and murderers and low lives in Bangladesh.

Make sure to not act as if you represent the better side. You don't. Don't jump at everything. Let people talk.
Our moderators are not moderating Facebook forums here. I'm not sure why Facebook is even relevant in this discussion. I personally don't even use FB and think it's a waste of time but that's besides the point. What BC moderators need to concern themselves with is their sphere of influence which is this forum and do their best to maintain civility so that it doesn't turn into another Facebook, and in my personal opinion they're doing a darn good job.
Old June 14, 2017, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

lol he reported
Old June 14, 2017, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Reported.

I raised the exact same points in the other thread albeit in a stronger language, been dealing with this filth for couple of days, I have come to a conclusion that Bangladeshi FB people by and large lack the education and sense of humor to understand a banter, its almost like a crude game for them, badmouthing Indians online as if thats what they were born to do!!

I was super pissed and that reflected in the earlier posts that I made here, then I realized its absolutely not fair if I direct my anger to the Bangladeshi posters here who are some of the nicest fellows I have met online and I have already been friends with many of them, I mean how could I be rude to the people who were nothing but kind to me ?

To be fair the moderators have been doing a splendid job here by keeping the FB filth away and maintaining the proper atmosphere required for a civil discourse, I didn't want to ruin that so I backed off, but would love to discuss this issue in future with people like Tanvir and others, people are emotionally charged now and I might end up offending the good people here, IMHO we should talk about this here when the things are back to normalcy.

Thank you.
Old June 14, 2017, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

alright one more post then.

1. "mental crackdown" is a personal attack. especially coming from a moderator, it definitely should be reported as they are supposed to be the standard bearer for user behavior.

2. reference to facebook is meant to show that whatever attacks we are getting from others, we are not far behind dishing it back. There are images circulating of Taskin holding Dhoni's severed head, and there are images circulating Dhoni holding Taskin's severed head. Be aware of both.

3. Night_wolf has shown several recent signs of being jumpy. He has recently become edgy over the past couple of weeks. He is ostracizing posts from other nationalities for standards that Bangladeshi users are not held to. I took my time, and acted based on what I believe is right.

Stop being blindly faithful to either side. Learn to live in the middle, in balance.

"they're doing a darn good job" - doesn't help us in this particular scenario. Doing a good job in general doesn't excuse individual mistakes.
Old June 14, 2017, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

As I said, BC is nothing like FB, which is the very reason why folks like me even come here. I don't think it's worth having to go through all the filth in FB to try to find anything of substance. If moderators have to shoulder the responsibility for scums using facebook, illicit activities committed in dark alleys, revolutions started by fanatics in the middle east, and covfefe spouted by the leader of the free world in the middle of the night, I'm not sure they can objectively accomplish anything at all.

The key is to compartmentalize. They just need to focus on their job at hand, their sphere of influence, what they can control. In the context of this discussion it means BC. I do not think moderators are one sided at all. In fact I was surprised to find out that the ban hammer was dropped on quite a few regular members recently who happen to belong to "our own side". From past experience we've seen if moderators aren't at least somewhat strict things can quickly get out of control and turn BC into an undesirable place.
Old June 14, 2017, 11:09 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Reported.

I told time and time that this forum is not FB or Youtube, do not bring anger from those places and release here. My work is to moderate the forum based on the actions of the members here, not FB, Youtube or any other social media.

If you look we are also stopping BD members from bad mouthing any other countries

Quote:

1. "mental crackdown" is a personal attack. especially coming from a moderator, it definitely should be reported as they are supposed to be the standard bearer for user behavior.
Did you just read the mental crackdown part of the sentence? I asked him did he have a mental crackdown after the 2015 saga that his eyes are only seeing the troll post and avoiding the decent ones. please check his posts since 2015. he has done nothing but trolling since 2015. His defend was he will troll if he sees any post against his team. which is fare enough, but if you post here only to do that and nothing else thats where I have to draw the line.

Quote:

2. reference to facebook is meant to show that whatever attacks we are getting from others, we are not far behind dishing it back. There are images circulating of Taskin holding Dhoni's severed head, and there are images circulating Dhoni holding Taskin's severed head. Be aware of both.

Again if you see something in Facebook you cant dump your anger here. We know and acknowledge whats happening on Facebook or social medias, but the story there goes both way.

Quote:
3. Night_wolf has shown several recent signs of being jumpy. He has recently become edgy over the past couple of weeks. He is ostracizing posts from other nationalities for standards that Bangladeshi users are not held to. I took my time, and acted based on what I believe is right.

Stop being blindly faithful to either side. Learn to live in the middle, in balance.

"they're doing a darn good job" - doesn't help us in this particular scenario. Doing a good job in general doesn't excuse individual mistakes.
Can you show me the signs of being jumpy? I am also a member here in this forum and I have the rights to say what I think within the forum rules,

and you just assumed that I am not treating the posts of other nationalities on the same level as Bangladeshis? I can not openly discuss the moderation that goes on behind the curtain but if you are willing to see please see I have also warned BD members to behave and stay away from the conspiracy theory that ruined the atmosphere between BD and Indian fans
Old June 14, 2017, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I raised the exact same points in the other thread albeit in a stronger language, been dealing with this filth for couple of days, I have come to a conclusion that Bangladeshi FB people by and large lack the education and sense of humor to understand a banter, its almost like a crude game for them, badmouthing Indians online as if thats what they were born to do!!

I was super pissed and that reflected in the earlier posts that I made here, then I realized its absolutely not fair if I direct my anger to the Bangladeshi posters here who are some of the nicest fellows I have met online and I have already been friends with many of them, I mean how could I be rude to the people who were nothing but kind to me ?

To be fair the moderators have been doing a splendid job here by keeping the FB filth away and maintaining the proper atmosphere required for a civil discourse, I didn't want to ruin that so I backed off, but would love to discuss this issue in future with people like Tanvir and others, people are emotionally charged now and I might end up offending the good people here, IMHO we should talk about this here when the things are back to normalcy.

Thank you.
I like to think I'm fairly neutral when it comes to the petty squabbling between Indians/Bangladeshis/Pakistanis. Whilst I completely agree that a significant portion of the Bangladeshi population are VERY anti-India, even moreso during cricket, I feel Indians have a general inability to understand why this is the case.

Within the context of cricket, and more specifically, Indian Cricket, India had a large Bangladeshi following between 1980s and even early 2000s, partly due to the fact that we didn't really have our own team. But growing up in Sydney, amongst a large Indian population, I remember distinctly how easy it was to transition from being an admirer and supporter of the Indian team, to a total hater. And personally for me it boils down to the fact that Indian fans were simply douchebags of the highest order when BD would get (predictably) hammered every game. I can tell you that fans from no other nation would give us as hard a time as Indian fans when it came to losing. Naturally we felt hard-done by, considering so many of us supported them for the past 2 decades, only to receive heckling and ridicule in return. From the schoolyard to the office, Indian fans have always enjoyed brandishing their superiority in our faces.

Yet Indian fans now are completely at a loss as to why they face this sort of backlash from us. They presume we're just a bunch of entitled retards, with, as you put it, single-digit IQs. That's actually a fairly accurate description of the turds you see squabbling on facebook, but I strongly maintain that it encompasses Bangladeshis/Indians/Pakistanis.

Indians seem to forget (or lack the ability to empathise with) the fact that this National Team means a lot to us. It's put Bangladesh on the world stage for something other than poverty and natural disasters. That we produce international athletes to represent us as some of the best in the world is a source of immense pride for us in a country where there often isn't a lot of pride to be had for the average person.

I avoid making a mockery of any national sides because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. But I'll never sit back and let anyone, particularly Indians/Pakistanis, make a mockery of our national side, and nor will most other Bangladeshi fans.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:14 AM
Banned for 6 months

Quote:

It's quite surprising that this post of urs hasn't been deleted yet. Anyway, I usually don't jump into the fight of others even though I had couple of interesting points to make regarding this topic.

Just a friendly advice shovon. Don't let ur emotions cloud ur judgment. Trust me, u wouldn't have lasted few seconds after a post like this on PP . People were banned for much more minor offense in the past in that forum.

This place is quite friendly and Mods of this forum r extremely liberal. I've been visiting ICF regularly for last couple of months and made quite a few good friends there. I m sure I won't have to tell u about the garbage that r usually posted on that from about Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
It's quite surprising that this post of urs hasn't been deleted yet. Anyway, I usually don't jump into the fight of others even though I had couple of interesting points to make regarding this topic.

Just a friendly advice shovon. Don't let ur emotions cloud ur judgment. Trust me, u wouldn't have lasted few seconds after a post like this on PP . People were banned for much more minor offense in the past in that forum.

This place is quite friendly and Mods of this forum r extremely liberal. I've been visiting ICF regularly for last couple of months and made quite a few good friends there. I m sure I won't have to tell u about the garbage that r usually posted on that from about Bangladesh and Pakistan.
There is nothing wrong with his post.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Wait whattt??? Did you say you have made good friends there? Or were you sarcastic... Please tell me you were sarcastic... ICF is the filthiest place on internet and the stuff that is posted there about Bangladeshis openly boils my blood. Sorry, if you condone that, I have a thing against you from this day onwards. I am really sorry, but no way is that ok!
Old June 15, 2017, 12:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

This is turning out to be more of a Roast thread.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:40 AM
Banned for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Wait whattt??? Did you say you have made good friends there? Or were you sarcastic... Please tell me you were sarcastic... ICF is the filthiest place on internet and the stuff that is posted there about Bangladeshis openly boils my blood. Sorry, if you condone that, I have a thing against you from this day onwards. I am really sorry, but no way is that ok!
Haha, .

U r absolutely spot on Nus bhai. That place is extremely hostile. Even mods of that forum don't hesitate to indulge in mud slinging. Lol.