facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
This Indian team is still very good against spinners. Rohit struggles against leg spin but we don't have any. Yuvraj can sweep/hoick any of our spinners for six. Not sure about Dhawan. And won't even comment on Kohli/Dhoni. Even Pandya toyed with Imad Wasim.

So 4 pacers is the way to go.

Did you see Yuvraj scratch his way to a 18-ball 7 and get bowled by a part-time SL spinner?

He almost got out cheaply against Shadab Khan in the Pakistan game as well. Looked tentative against Tahir in the SA game.

Dhawan is very weak against spin - he tends to overattack because of this - he will either sweep or dance down the wicket. A smart spinner, especially an offspinner can get him easy.

Rohit is a beastly hitter against spin once set, but he's not in full form yet. Quite tentative. But he will murder average pace bowling.

Reality is that you don't have 4 quality pace bowlers. Don't just play pace bowlers for the sake of it. Play your best bowlers. Ideally Mortaza should not be playing in your team - he drags you guys down. It should be Fizz, Rubel, Taskin, Shakib and Mehdi. Sneak in a few overs of part-time from Soumya and Mahmudullah. That gives you a chance to lengthen the batting lineup.

But since Murtaza is some kind of magic talisman captain who can't be dropped, that won't happen.

Old June 13, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
hahaha..not singara the member!
pun not intended...
Old June 13, 2017, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yeah Jadu da, ekebarey Maratmok Chomutkaar thread khelechen...
Your 6 ingredients thread is tastier than Hang Soyu Lee Take Out's 'Ten Ingredients Fried Rice' recipe!
Old June 13, 2017, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Is Singara 'he' or 'she'?
Salaam Sadi,
Beef shingara = Male.
Alu Shingara = Female.
Old June 13, 2017, 12:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Salaam Sadi,
Beef shingara = Male.
Alu Shingara = Female.
Ohh yes, right...Hhhhmmm...now I understand why

Good looking muscular guys are called "Beef Cake"

And in my country where I come from, a promiscuous (lady related, not the other) dude is described as ..."that man has potato problem..."
Old June 13, 2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Did you see Yuvraj scratch his way to a 18-ball 7 and get bowled by a part-time SL spinner?

He almost got out cheaply against Shadab Khan in the Pakistan game as well. Looked tentative against Tahir in the SA game.

Dhawan is very weak against spin - he tends to overattack because of this - he will either sweep or dance down the wicket. A smart spinner, especially an offspinner can get him easy.

Rohit is a beastly hitter against spin once set, but he's not in full form yet. Quite tentative. But he will murder average pace bowling.

Reality is that you don't have 4 quality pace bowlers. Don't just play pace bowlers for the sake of it. Play your best bowlers. Ideally Mortaza should not be playing in your team - he drags you guys down. It should be Fizz, Rubel, Taskin, Shakib and Mehdi. Sneak in a few overs of part-time from Soumya and Mahmudullah. That gives you a chance to lengthen the batting lineup.

But since Murtaza is some kind of magic talisman captain who can't be dropped, that won't happen.
None of these are in flat pitches. These are mostly on slow/turners ...
Old June 13, 2017, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Excellent write up.

I wanted to highlight a slightly different aspect of the recent match-ups between these countries. Since 2007, Bangladesh and India have faced off 19 times in 9 different ODI tournaments and bilateral tours. As expected India have won majority of these encounters, 15 times to be exact. What's interesting however, out of the 4 times Bangladesh won, 3 of them had significant consequences. They resulted in India getting eliminated from the tournament or losing a bilateral series. So Bangladesh really came out on top 3 out of 9 times in the last ten years.

2007 - World Cup
2007 - Bilateral tour
2008 - Kiptly Cup
2010 - Tri Nation Tourney
2011 - World Cup
2012 - Asia Cup
2014 - Bilateral tour
2015 - World Cup
2015 - Bilateral tour

I haven't looked up their results against SL or Pak, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that in the last decade, out of the subcontinental teams, Bangladesh has enjoyed the highest success ratio in rubber matches against their powerful neighbors. That's not bad for a team that started playing it's best cricket only couple of years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
To be honest, both 2007 and 2012 losses did not amount to India getting eliminated. In 2007, if India won the last group match against SL, India and SL would have been through. So the rubber match was lost against SL. In 2012, India lost only to Bangladesh to get out of the tourney, so your point is valid even though there were plenty of if-els after the loss. 2015 bilateral one was the first occasion when the "elimination" was there. India lost series against Pakistan in this decade.

On the other hand, Asia Cup 2014 India didn't win, SL/Pakistan beat India. 2014 World T20 it was SL who knocked India out. That was certainly a bigger occasion. Rather Bangladesh lost a golden opportunity to knock India out of 2016 T20 WC. So knocking India off, SL > Bangladesh > Pakistan currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Thanks for keeping me honest. However, my argument here focuses only on ODI's. In T20's we've always sucked until very recently. Regarding the 2007 encounter, although the match wasn't technically an elimination game it almost felt like one due to the group structure and format of the world cup. The loss seemed to knock the wind out of their sail which made the job easier for SL.
I just did a similar comparative analysis of India vs SL in ODI's over the last decade and the following was revealed:
The teams faced each other 61 times, out of which India won 37, SL won 20 and 4 times no result was achieved. These matches were played out over the span of 19 tournaments and bilateral tours. India came out on top 13 times vs SL's 6. Therefore SL:Ind = 6:13 while BD:Ind = 3:6.

2007 - Bilateral tour Ind
2007 - World cup SL
2008 - Tri Nation Tourney Ind
2008 - Asia cup SL
2008 - Bilateral tour Ind
2009 - Bilateral tour Ind
2009 - Tri Nation Tourney Ind
2009 - Bilateral tour Ind
2010 - Tri Nation SL
2010 - Asia cup Ind
2010 - Tri Nation Series SL
2011 - World Cup Ind
2012 - Tri Nation Series SL
2012 - Asia cup Ind
2012 - Bilateral tour Ind
2013 - Champions trophy Ind
2013 - Tri Nation Ind
2014 - Asia cup SL
2014 - Bilateral tour Ind

Given the fact that greats like Dilshan, Sanga, Jaya represented SL for the most part of the last 10 years, it is quite astonishing that Bangladesh actually beats out SL by a hairline in this analysis. This is not to insinuate that Bangladesh has been a better team than SL; however, it does show that every time the Tigers dealt a blow to India the impact was quite devastating from which they just couldn't recover. It wasn't just another loss to Zimbabwe in a tri nation tourney from which they would go on to recover and win the series anyway. That's what makes each win so impressive.
Old June 14, 2017, 03:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
U mad bro?
The reason people want to stick for the same players no matter what is the reason why our cricket does not progress. And, the same reason why BCB uses mostly the same team in every single match. And, then we get jei lou shei kodu.
Any bowler can take 1 wicket. Even Syed Rasel can come back and take 1! What we need are strike bowlers who can take more than 1 wicket.
Old June 15, 2017, 09:08 AM
Banned

I warned you about Rozilla, but forgot about Gabbar. FYI, that's what friends of Shikhar Dhawan call him.

Gabbar.

Old June 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
I warned you about Rozilla, but forgot about Gabbar. FYI, that's what friends of Shikhar Dhawan call him.

Gabbar.

Love that movie. One of the best villains in Movie history
Old June 15, 2017, 09:11 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Isnt gabbar a vilen? Cant call your CT here a vilen

By the way I havent seen shole so dont know for sure if gabbar was a anti hero or vilen
Old June 15, 2017, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Isnt gabbar a vilen? Cant call your CT here a vilen

By the way I havent seen shole so dont know for sure if gabbar was a anti hero or vilen
He was a straight old-school 'villain' - no anti-hero or anything. But still a total bad@ss.

Gotta say, the nickname fits Shikhar. Zero effs given - no wonder he is such a clutch player in big games.
Old June 15, 2017, 10:09 AM
Banned

Tried to tell you guys that 4 pacers was a mistake against India.
Old June 15, 2017, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Tried to tell you guys that 4 pacers was a mistake against India.
Fizz is just gone case, we are playing with 3 pacers
Old June 15, 2017, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Fizz is just gone case, we are playing with 3 pacers
Murtaza is not a pacer. He should be non-playing captain. Fizz should not bowl with the new ball.

People don't realize this about India - the old assumptions about them being good players of spin aren't true for all the Indian batsmen.

If Hafeez bowls for Pakistan in the early overs in the final, you will see Dhawan get out like a tailender.
Old June 15, 2017, 11:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Murtaza is not a pacer. He should be non-playing captain. Fizz should not bowl with the new ball.

People don't realize this about India - the old assumptions about them being good players of spin aren't true for all the Indian batsmen.

If Hafeez bowls for Pakistan in the early overs in the final, you will see Dhawan get out like a tailender.
Murtaza bowled better than our other 3 trundlers
Old June 15, 2017, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Murtaza bowled better than our other 3 trundlers
Well, he bowled a bunch of his overs up front with the new ball, when the Indian batsmen are just looking to play safe. Instead of attacking the new batsmen, BD wastes the new ball trying to use up Mortaza's quota quickly. Its a bit harsh on Mortaza, and I saw today that he swings the bat a bit too for BD. But really, for this team to take the next step, they have to be a bit more ruthless with their selection.

If Mortaza is so good for the team's psyche, he can be a coach with the team. As a player, he's a bit of a liability. Compare him to the other team's 4th pacer - Stokes, Pandya - all are way better fielders and batsmen than him. And comparable, if not better, bowlers.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Well, he bowled a bunch of his overs up front with the new ball, when the Indian batsmen are just looking to play safe. Instead of attacking the new batsmen, BD wastes the new ball trying to use up Mortaza's quota quickly. Its a bit harsh on Mortaza, and I saw today that he swings the bat a bit too for BD. But really, for this team to take the next step, they have to be a bit more ruthless with their selection.

If Mortaza is so good for the team's psyche, he can be a coach with the team. As a player, he's a bit of a liability. Compare him to the other team's 4th pacer - Stokes, Pandya - all are way better fielders and batsmen than him. And comparable, if not better, bowlers.
i believe mash himself already know that he is no more what he used to be, so i forsee he retiring after this tourney. he in this tourney looked really tiring, looked he can't push anymore further himself, im sure he felt this inside that he no more belongs here.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Mortaza is the best bowler for BD in CT. He has been our best bowler for last one year too.

Well thank you for the suggestion.