facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 30, 2017, 07:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Quran Verse about Ramadan: Oh you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may learn piety and righteousness" (Q 2:183); "Ramadan is the (month) in which the Quran was sent down, as a guide to mankind and a clear guidance and judgment (so that mankind will distinguish from right and wrong).." (Q 2:183), and a good Hadith: Narrated Abu Huraira(r.a): The Messenger of Allah (saw) said:"... whoever fasts during Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." (Imam Bukhari).
This is a beautiful verse...thank you my dear SportingBD bhaiya. Allah bless you.

Old June 1, 2017, 03:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

I cannot understand why this year none of the Newsreaders on any of the BD channels are covering their head. wtf is going on ?
Old June 1, 2017, 02:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
I cannot understand why this year none of the Newsreaders on any of the BD channels are covering their head. wtf is going on ?
Oh so you are going to teach women how they should dress??
This is not talibans Afghanistan, this is Bangladesh...
Old June 1, 2017, 02:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Oh so you are going to teach women how they should dress??
This is not talibans Afghanistan, this is Bangladesh...
Exactly, this is Bangladesh, where the main religion is Islam.
Proti bosor Ramadaner shomoy shob newsreader mathay kapor dey. Eta notun kisu na. Ei bosor BTV chara baki channelgula bettomiji kortesey ken ?
Old June 1, 2017, 03:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^another example of focusing on outwardly expressions in others rather than oneself. if they are not voluntarily practicing hijabs, then why force them to do it for this month?

you seem so concerned about spirit of Ramadan in others' dress and appearances that you ended up cursing in this holy month (saying "wtf").

---

anyway ajke ei khela dekhar por roja amar dhorse!
Old June 1, 2017, 03:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What good is the fasting if it doesn't change a person to betterment?

That would be just starving oneself and lots of suffering without any reward.
+++
May Allah subhanawa tala gives us the mental strength to become a better person in this blessed month and forgive us.
Old June 2, 2017, 05:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

you seem so concerned about spirit of Ramadan in others' dress and appearances that you ended up cursing in this holy month (saying "wtf").

---
I also thought this was a bit rich from the brother too.

But anyways, I think what a person's real intentions is, Allah surely knows it and lets leave the judging to Him. Why do we always concern ourselves of others faults when what we should be doing especially during Ramadan is correcting our own faults?

Lets be less negative and more positive in Ramadan.
Old June 2, 2017, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
I think we should be less concerned about what others are practicing. The more time we give to them the less time we have for our own good deeds.

Yes I can still remember last year also in most of the TV channels female news presenters had their head covers ON. But I am not sure if wearing Hijab is only meant to be for the month of Ramadan. Why they take it off after Ramadan. I think it was a show off, because that didn`t stop most of them from showing music/dancing and other stuffs during Ramadan so what difference does this have over only wearing veil.

I think the sculpture issue and everything related to that had an influence over this head cover OFF suddenly for all the private channels this year. The more extremists try to protect Islam in their own way, I guess it backfires. Ofcourse things which are really inappropriate needs to be handled with cool and smart brains.

However, I am not concerned atleast the TV channels now open to what they are showing. Infact it is better in one way, they are not Munafiq now, I guess somewhere it is said that Munafiq(who shows one thing but has other intention) are worse than non believers and also by the way the more you get the opportunity to lower your gaze from the temptation the more reward from the Most Merciful..
Old June 4, 2017, 10:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks Rez.
Eishob outward beyaddobi this year is unacceptable.
Old June 9, 2017, 12:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Old June 9, 2017, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ Thanks..

Anyone watching the Daily Quran Tafseer from Nouman Ali khan in this Ramadan?
It is really nice. You can watch it in the Bayyinah Channel in Youtube..
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bayyina...view=0&sort=dd
Old June 10, 2017, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

The Prayer is More Important Than the Fasting! by Shaykh Ṣāleḥ ibn Fawzān al Fawzān

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq1FunBsiMQ
Old June 18, 2017, 04:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Wow, can't believe we are already in to the last 10 nights of Ramadan. May Allah Give us Taufiq to Worship HIM according to HIS Quran and Sunnah, and May Allah Accept from All of us Muslims. --Allahumma Ameen.

Some reminders for me and anyone interested for the last 10 nights of Ramadan:

Allah says in the Qur’an: The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace it is until the emergence of dawn. [Qur’an: 97:3-5]

The Blessed Laylatul Qadr can be found in any of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, which are the most Blessed Nights of the year. As such, we should increase our Worship and Devotion during this period.

Aisha (R) reported: With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet (saw) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work harder) and used to pray the whole night, and used to keep his family awake for the prayers. [Bukhari]

Abu Hurayrah (R) relates that the Prophet  said: “Whoever stands (in the voluntary night prayer of) Ramadan out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven. And whoever spends the night of Lailat Al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Sunan an-Nasa’i]

Some Points to Consider in the Worship Plan:

Best dua of the last 10 nights:

اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

Aisha  reported: I asked: “O Messenger of Allah! If I realize Lailat-ul-Qadr (Night of Decree), what should I supplicate in it?” He  replied, “You should supplicate: Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun, tuhibbul-‘afwa, fa’fu ‘anni (O Allah, You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness; so forgive me).” [At-Tirmidhi].

Remain in I’tikaf: 

The best way of catching the blessed night is to remain in I’tikaf, which both men and women can do. If it is not possible for one to remain in I’tikaf for the whole of the 10 days and nights, then one should try to remain in I’tikaf for as many days and nights possible. It is also possible to make intention of Nawafil I’tikaf each and every time one enters the masjid to gain rewards for the time spent in the masjid.

Worship all the 10 nights: 

Try to worship the whole of the 10 nights or as many days you can manage as that is the best way to catch the unimaginable and incomprehensible rewards of  Laylatul Qadr. Each and every good deed from Maghrib until Fajr on Laylatul Qadr is rewarded a minimum of at least 83 years’ of worship. Subhan Allah, that is longer than most of us will live!

Give charity: 

Any good act such as charity during Laylatul Qadr is rewarded like you have done it for over 83 years.

More ideas are here.

----
May Allah Forgive my short-comings, and Allah Knows Best.