facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 2, 2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Thank you for the better news update, Kalpurush da!

I have some fond memories of our Khaled Mahmud bhaiya.
Back in the days, when I lost my job and I had a lot of time, and many of our BD A-team/under-19 team matches from SAF/Australia/Bahamas and Jamaica would not get updated or broadcasted on cricinfo, Mohammed Chowdhury (MoC) and I used to get match updates every half an hour on BC (staying up all night). And a few BC bhais and apus would stay on the match thread, like Tirth-er kaak....and every now an then would post, "BK, MoC, any more updates? Did you guys go to sleep already?"
MoC from Manchester and I would from NYC, we would get match updates by calling local stores next to the match grounds.

One time on a BD U-19 tour of Sri Lanka, Khaled Mahmud Shujan bhaiya was the team manager and was with the team. I searched his cell phone through BCB and called him in Colombo and Galle/Jafna. I would say I am zaved (not BK, hehehehe) calling from New York and disturbing you to get match updates for banglacricket.com. And he would be so nice to me, would call me as Zaved bhai and tell me that we (his team/BD/BKSP) have a bunch of good young prospects/talent in the pipeline (naming Naeem Islam and Nasir Hossain). The last time I called him after the last match and the team was eating at a Bangladeshi owned restaurant as a victory celebration last dinner together. He screamed in joy, "Arrey Zaved bhai, amra jitey gesi, pura series jitey gesi....apni New York-er shobikey boley din..likhey diin"! We won that U-19 series by 4-2 with one of the 7 matches being washed out. I remember a young man answered Khaled bhai's phone and I asked who he was and the very young voice said, I am Arafat Sunny and addressed me as uncle...hahhahah, and said, "Khaled sir-key dicchi, unar haatey mangsher baati, uni kahcchen"....! And I heard Khaled bhai's voice in the background yelling at someone, "Arrey tumi haddi niccho keno, goshto naow, aloo nao...!" Hahahaha! I will never ever forget those days and those memories. I always felt like an imposter, pretending to be writing articles, when I was updating our match threads here in BC.

I also updated matches by calling Akram Khan bhai and coach Sean Williams in Australia. If we needed match updates, I had no trouble finding people's cell number and hotel address/front desk number room number, even the bus they are riding and it's license plate number. I would always find small stores around the small grounds that our team would be playing and call the freakin store. And as long as they could see the the scoreboard of the ground and spell/pronounce our players' names, I would get match info...
I genuinely miss speaking with our dear Khaled Mahmud bhai.
May Allah bless bless his health.
Zaved, what a soul you are! One of the finest among us.

You are making us deliberately nostalgic, aren't you?

How could we forget those days!!? We were so excited ... even before the months ahead, let alone the match starts ...remember when we won our first away ODI in India against the might Kenyans? I remember I have paid about $483.00 in total just to watch one match on while Tigers were touring West Indies during the early 2000 ...

and, kaka was the then inspirations along with Sir dear Ashraful, the magical Rafique, Pilot, Mr. 50 Bashar, young sensation the Great Norial Express and the magnificently lazy Aftab ... I can go on and on...how ATMR, one of our legendary Mod used to open thread how to pass time before games... as no one couldn't sleep even before the match day ...Ah, those days!!!

Chacha might not be the pure perfect guy, but surely a wonderful dedicated tiger who's contribution to Bangladesh cricket is immense, a great team manager who can motivates like no other (except, of course our dear Mash) and a great cricket organizer.

How one can not pray for his full and quick recovery? No one, specially is s/he is a cricket lover and a true Bangladeshi in heart.

Our prayers are with you Sujon. Get well soon and lead the team against the mighty Aussies ...

Old August 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Zaved, what a soul you are! One of the finest among us.

You are making us deliberately nostalgic, aren't you?

How could we forget those days!!? We were so excited ... even before the months ahead, let alone the match starts ...remember when we won our first away ODI in India against the might Kenyans? I remember I have paid about $483.00 in total just to watch one match on while Tigers were touring West Indies during the early 2000 ...

and, kaka was the then inspirations along with Sir dear Ashraful, the magical Rafique, Pilot, Mr. 50 Bashar, young sensation the Great Norial Express and the magnificently lazy Aftab ... I can go on and on...how ATMR, one of our legendary Mod used to open thread how to pass time before games... as no one couldn't sleep even before the match day ...Ah, those days!!!

Chacha might not be the pure perfect guy, but surely a wonderful dedicated tiger who's contribution to Bangladesh cricket is immense, a great team manager who can motivates like no other (except, of course our dear Mash) and a great cricket organizer.

How one can not pray for his full and quick recovery? No one, specially is s/he is a cricket lover and a true Bangladeshi in heart.

Our prayers are with you Sujon. Get well soon and lead the team against the mighty Aussies ...
Beautiful.

May Allah revive this forum back to its glory days!

May Allah bring Sujon back to good health and give him a good and healthy life, Ameen.
Old August 2, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Salute and respect to Kalpurush and BK dadas for the amazing works they have done for BC, truly inspiring.

I wish and pray for speedy recovery of Khaled Mahmud.
Old August 3, 2017, 03:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

May he get well soon.
Old August 3, 2017, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.banglanews24.com/sports/n...592199.details

He is getting better
Old August 4, 2017, 02:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Get well soon sujon bhai.

As for javed bhai that was some memory. Yes we used to take turns bothering Sujon bhai and sometime his players to get updates. I think Tehsin bhai got us his number.
Old August 4, 2017, 03:06 PM

The great MoC bhai

we miss you so much now a days ...