facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Ashraful played an awesome knock against Australia, the best I've seen from a Bangladeshi but since he's just backed himself with everything and it's paid off. I thought his batting yesterday was ordinary, he didn't seem to be timing the ball too well at all and again he chanced his luck. That's the thing with Ashraful, he plays one great knock then goes too far. I think he realised it yesterday though because after he reached about 35 he slowed right down and started playing much more cautiously

Old June 26, 2005, 04:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Ashraful,
If there is any chance in the hell that you would read this piece of note: Please play the way you are playing now. Be aggressive and be always aggressive. Dont give a damn what others say.
Old June 26, 2005, 06:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Ashraful is too tiny to have Ponting jelous of him?!? well said Tabligh, but just remember what he said b4 the match they lost to BD. When asked about how he was getting ready to face the tigers he laughed and said: "I'm really scared, i want to find a cave and crawl into it!" Now thats a great comment by a "Great player" and even better follow up on the field the next day. and this kind of insult to a test playin nation on public media must sound very acceptable to you!!!

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 11:23 AM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: go easy on the CAPS!
Old June 26, 2005, 07:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

well..I don't think Ponting had any agenda against Ashraful...his intention was to help out someone like Ash who has potential to be a superstar.
Ponting's prediction proved to be prophetic today....
Old June 26, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Ponting just said it and Ashraful scored a first ball stupid duck!! I bet his confidence is little dented at this point. It will be interesting to see how he will handle the pressure of propaganda now.

But, if Ashraful just shrugs off all those comments thrown at him and keeps playing his natural game (it does not neccessarly mean hooking the very first ball he faces), I see a great future for him.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

It is great to see the Aussies are issuing warning on one of our players. Bring it, that's what we look forward. Few more performer like Ash in batting and bowling, we are going to be very much with the best in the worlds.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Ashraful batting technique!

I was reading Ricky ponting suggestion on ashraful batting and i feel he is quite right. Ash is really exciting to watch and great asset for bd team. But i jut think he got to improve his technique a bit ,in order to be a world class player. There is always a risk when playing big shot as soon as you enter the crease and I am sure with the talent he has got and by the help of the people around him, oneday he will be our bangla tendulkar.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

ponting says what he thinks. even tendulkar used to play atrocious shots at the beginning of his career. ash will learn as well,
Old June 26, 2005, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

You have some good points there except for "bangla tendulkar". I rather he become the "bangla Ash" than anybody else. He is very telented and if he fine tunes his techinques (playing more in the V zone) he will be world class soon enough.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:55 PM
Street Cricketer

Bangla Ash :tiger:
Old June 26, 2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i think ponting's definitely right, but his comments came at a wrong time (right after his bowlers were raped by the small guy twice in a row).
Old June 26, 2005, 02:04 PM
Banned

Ponting was a tempermental character early on in his career. That has tapered of considerably.

He is no Steve Waugh or Mark Taylor. If you ask me, his captainship is running on momentum.

I get the feeling that Ashraful is trying more than ever to play the right way as situation requires. Lets all keep on hoping he succeeds more often than not.

And lets not get worked up with Ponting. He is just venting his frustration for having to put up with the ignominy that was a defeat against BD.

If ashraful can hit another hurricane in the last game, will that ensure the MOS for him ?

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 7:04 PM GMT, by Pundit.
Reason: Typo
Old June 26, 2005, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

since so many of you have brought up the MOS issue, i'd say that although ash is a strong contender, he may have to compete with strauss, who has played very well in this touranment so far.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

After reading the comments by Ponting...it did not feel like a 'Warning' (the thread-topic is somewhat misleading here). It rather sounded like a 'criticism' or 'self-defence' and trying to find out reason for Ash's success against the world's top great bowlers claiming the success to be an act of 'Luck'.

Ash got lucky on some occassions... but that will in no way lower the credit for the courage he played with!

BTW... as for his aggressive attitude being too overconfident.. just look at his 2nd innings vs. the Aussies.. a very patient one! So Ash has shown both colors to the Aussies already.... both blasting and calm!
Old June 26, 2005, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

but then again how explosive was his century against australia? especially compared to the 94 he scored against england? the aussies haven't seen much of his flare yet, have they?
Old June 26, 2005, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i think ponting's definitely right, but his comments came at a wrong time (right after his bowlers were raped by the small guy twice in a row).
Agree
Old June 26, 2005, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Ponting perplexed

Quote:
Australia captain Ricky Ponting was a confused man after seeing his side stroll to a 10-wicket win against Bangladesh at Old Trafford here Saturday just a week after the Asian minnows inflicted one of the biggest cricketing shocks of all time by beating the world champions.

"This makes last Saturday's defeat seem even worse, the way we have come out and done it this time," Ponting told reporters afterwards.

"We are all aware how much we let ourselves and the cricketing public back in Australia down, and that is a big part of the way we have turned things around."
Source
Old June 26, 2005, 10:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
Ponting talks too much...... he just wants to make some news that newspaper can publish.... last week he saying someting about Pietersen... And everybody thinks these are valuable stuffs... These are basically publicity stints and media games... It is a part of Australian culture
How is it "part of Australian culture". Do we aussies go around playing mind-games with evryone, or something? Please don't make [moderation], rash generalisations please.

As far as Ponting's words are concerned, I think it's perfectly valid. As a captain, he is entitled to his opinion on his own team, and other teams and players. As world champions, and experienced players, I think the Aussies are allowed to pass judgment on a few otehr players.

The words of advise for Ashraful are perfectly valid, and are good advise. However, I think that Ash should continue (despite yesterday's golden duck against England), and ride his luck. He should try to nake the most of his good form and good luck.

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 4:09 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Please do not make personal attack.