facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 10:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Default Oh boy, we have a long way to go

We should be realistic, and be patient with our hopes. We still need at least 5 years to even come to a competitive level.

I would also like to request forum posters, please do not post ridicules hopes of our players and team. Keep your dreams to yourself. Not all dreams are worth sharing. Ridicules hopes and expectations reduce the value of the forums posts.

And, we should start paying to watch our team, especially those who can afford it. India is hugely respected in cricket world because of the market they bring in. If we love our cricket team, then there should not be any issue in spending $200 for a season of cricket tickets.

Old June 25, 2005, 10:21 AM
Street Cricketer

With due respect to you - what you have just said is a lot of nonsense. In this forum they have said BD will not be able to beat the Ausssies in an ODI, which they have. They also said Bret Lee will finish us off!
Ash scored 20 runs off Lee on the 11th over today.

We need to have a post match enquiry and find out why the BD team collapsed so spectacularly. I can see within next six months BD will cause more upsets.
Old June 25, 2005, 10:26 AM
Street Cricketer

Following on my previous posting - please do not create this kind of threads in future. Your suggestions of not having high expectation for our team is laughable.

Our coach Dave Whatmore said that BD (in terms of cricketing talent) is a sleeping giant. He knows what he is talking about whereas YOU ARE NOT.

The only consolation that I have today is that Ash has managed to score 58 and did not go out for a duck! Like the others.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Unlike BanglarBir, I think your post makes sense. I guess most of us already know that we have a long way to go....but little hope before every match never hurts

And yes, I think people who can afford to pay should buy live broadcasts.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 5:51 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old June 25, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I agree with you Spitfire. This thread makes total sense. Just because we one game doesnt mean our expectations should be really high. Also we do need to go watch cricket games. It is even better if those in Bangladesh can go to the actual domestic game. This will give them more money which will eventually attract more players and make the players better and finally make us a better nation.
Old June 25, 2005, 01:50 PM
Street Cricketer

I am sorry if I have offended anybody but I have been noticing this growing trend among the supporters and the players about "talking down" BDs cricketing potential. Even the BD coach was in a very pessimistic mood when the team first arrived in the UK.

In the first press conference the coach and the captain said the following: (reading betwen the lines) We are not really good enough to put up a good fight but now and then we
may surprise you.

Even before the very first ball is bowled the opponent (England) has got the upper hand. They have realised that
the BD team moral is very low since even the coach is unsure about the potential of his team. I am not saying that we should be boasting about our cricketing talents but there are some talents (believe it or not).

If we do not aim higher how can we improve our standard? We can bring all the excuses we like but the fact of the matter is that we will only win when we have the self belief.

So what is the excuse for not playing well in todays ODI? It can't be Bret Lee. We have played Symmond and Hogg last week. I am sure some body will invent some excuses.

The fact of the matter is that each and every member of the team must be made accountable for this poor showing.
They are professional players and they should no the consequences for not doing a good job.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglarBir
I can see within next six months BD will cause more upsets.
if you are expecting miraculous improvement within next six months,then you should not classify that as 'upset'.

i think you even don't believe what you are saying.

i don't want to see anymore upset; i want to see 'victory as usual'.
Old June 25, 2005, 02:53 PM
Street Cricketer

We always need to dream big and realistic.. Don't you think we can win the world cup?? Yes we can. I have no doubt. Now how soon that's the question here. This will depend on the performance and skills of our players.. If we don't play against team like Aus, Eng, we would never realize our potential...
Our players need constance training from the best coach: Dev. Constant support from our cricket board. Need to have good cricket ground.. not like playing soccer in the cricket ground.. Nothing is impossible to achieve.... We won against Aus by displaying very good performence.. Make no mistake.. It's not a miracle.. 140 million people cried with joy. Only time will tell what BD sleeping giant can do.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
With due respect to you - what you have just said is a lot of nonsense. In this forum they have said BD will not be able to beat the Ausssies in an ODI, which they have. They also said Bret Lee will finish us off!
Ash scored 20 runs off Lee on the 11th over today.

We need to have a post match enquiry and find out why the BD team collapsed so spectacularly. I can see within next six months BD will cause more upsets.
Come On !Dont be so rude!Your excitement doesnt help the cause of our winning every match!It will take some 5 more years before we will be good enough to fight.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:07 PM
Club Cricketer

"They are professional players and they should no the consequences for not doing a good job"................Good point Banglar Bir..

at the age of 18,19. Youth and inexperience are still in you U dont know what being professional cricketer is all about.

we will not go far in 5 or 10 years, if we continue to do what we been doing in last few years!! we bringing to many young players who are not technicaly or mentaly developed for test matches...... at internation level talent is not everything.... they should gain experience, mature technicaly and mentaly and before being trown at test level.

alok kapali.
Mushfiqur rahim(played2 first class match befor making test debut)
Shahadat Hossain .
Talha Jubair(was 16 when make international debut).

i bet by the time they mature and know what profession cricket is all about they will be playing in bangladesh leage games and some other 15 year old's be playing in the national team.... and makind debuts.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

In the first press conference the coach and the captain said the following: (reading betwen the lines) We are not really good enough to put up a good fight but now and then we
may surprise you.

the BD team moral is very low since even the coach is unsure about the potential of his team.
you should be careful mate before making such as your interpretation/statement without reference. because it could give the readers a misleading understanding about dav whatmore.
as much as i heard from his interview he mentioned that he knows what bd team is capable of doing, they just need more fighting spirit to put on(he was refering to ash as he often gift his wicket.)
but your interpretations seem to contradict what i had heard unless you provide some kind of reference.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

BanglarBir, the reason we got thrashed today and the way our boys played today, looks like they think like you, ie "we are already among the top 3 teams in the world."

We are nothing close to the top teams. Our boys need to work hard, we need to imrpove our 1st class competition a lot, get some bowling coaches etc, and after 5 years of hard work, we could start dreaming.

Wake up BanglarBir, you are sleeping too much

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 8:53 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.
Old June 26, 2005, 12:56 AM
Test Cricketer

we have a young team.....1

we dont have much experience......2

our two weaknesses are the biggest strength the aussies have....

in order for us to beat them we need to act like them..study the opponent b4 facing them and hit them hard in their weakest spot....

only then will victory be a daily occurance....
Old June 26, 2005, 01:24 AM
Test Cricketer

We can and we must improve.
We do and we must dream.
while the latter should be realistic and a reflection of our potential. That way our dreams will not turn into daydreams and nightmares.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:47 AM
Street Cricketer

its not easy for me and other people to spend $200 to watch bd game. thats too much. but i can contribute as much i can to bangladesh live rather than contributing yellow tv. because they dont give a daam about us watching game. but bangladesh live brother does. thank u bangladesh live from bottom of my heart.
Old June 27, 2005, 12:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
its not easy for me and other people to spend $200 to watch bd game.
dude.....what country are you living in???

in australia, we can watch it by having foxtel connection for as low as 12 dollars a month.......

some country you are living in.....!!!
Old June 27, 2005, 02:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Banglar_Dorbesh, just to let you know what I have said in the previous post is my interpretation of what I have seen and heard. You may have found the statements of the coach and the captain in the positive light but I did not.

So in the last two test matches BD has put up a good fight? Is that what we called good fight? I was so embarassed that I stopped watching them after first day.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Banglar_Dorbesh, just to let you know what I have said in the previous post is my interpretation of what I have seen and heard. You may have found the statements of the coach and the captain in the positive light but I did not.

So in the last two test matches BD has put up a good fight? Is that what we called good fight? I was so embarassed that I stopped watching them after first day.
all bd fans get disappointed when we lose badly as you do. although win is a win, i would be more than happy if bd would have put up competitive performance in all six odi and lose; rather than just winning one and losing the rest badly. this kind of performce is very close to be called as fluke rather than a gradual improvement.
what dav whatmore believe is that if everybody contribute to their ability in a given day, bd is capable of beating anyone but that is unlikely to happen with bd team very often.
Old June 27, 2005, 06:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Improving cricketing standards take time. So.. we better be patience about our team. I do believe that the almost same Bd team will be doing much better within few years when many of ours younger player gain much more experience. But.. at the moment. i am quite happy atleast for their performance at ODI series. Lets be realistic and just keep the patience. These young breeds are much better than many old timers and with Dav as a coach, the result will surely come out. Dont get so carried away BD fans