facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 29, 2017, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I don't know, whatever I heard of Nafees was nothing insightful (I don't care about anyone's mastery in English if the content is good obviously). Mehrab is better, far less jarring commentary so that you don't feel the urge to mute the commentary tbh.

Old August 29, 2017, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Mehrab has potential to be best commentator from BD. Has to polish few areas and avoid taking any notes from AAK's and Shamers commentating ways.
Old August 29, 2017, 03:01 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I am just happy and relieved to see a fresh new face as Opi. ......
The commy is Mehrab Hossain, Jr - NOT to confuse with the first BD ODI centurion
Mehrab Hossain Opee!!!
Old August 29, 2017, 03:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jacques Kallis

enybody else other than Stutter Ali Khan or Lord Shamim is welcome...as long as they don't enforce my mute button like the aforementioned gentlemen
Old August 29, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I am starting to like Mehrab. The guy seems calm. Maybe commentating in BPL will help us all because he can give a lot of insight about the local cricketers

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 29, 2017, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I have noticed that Shamim Chowdhury has little to no clue about our domestic cricket and it's cricketers

Old August 29, 2017, 03:21 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Hay amader Ashar Fool!!
I did not watch the show or don't know what was the context but Ash played in one of those Drop-in- pitch back in Australia 2003 .. 1st Test at Marrara Oval, Darwin! Scored total 30 runs in two innings!
I read about this pitch thing back then ... Pretty sure veteran BC members know about it too. It's common in Down Under!!
Old August 29, 2017, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I have noticed that Shamim Chowdhury has little to no clue about our domestic cricket and it's cricketers

Not a full time job-he has his businesses. But you could argue following domestic cricket should be his business if he wants to talk about cricket.

I know him personally. Went to school with his son. Great guy. But i guess being the only choice year after year he and Athar have forgotten to re-invent and improve.
Old August 29, 2017, 10:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not a full time job-he has his businesses. But you could argue following domestic cricket should be his business if he wants to talk about cricket.

I know him personally. Went to school with his son. Great guy. But i guess being the only choice year after year he and Athar have forgotten to re-invent and improve.
That's what I feel too. He doesn't come from a cricketing background like Atahar. He is from the old school commentary team of Khoda Baksh and Jafrullah Sharafat. They started their career on radio and would do commentary on football, hockey, and cricket. But then as cricket became the main sport, Sharafat/Shamim left the other sports and focused on cricket while Baksh retired.

When I used to listen to radio commentary, they would always switch to English for a few overs. It was so irritating because no one would understand. If I am not mistaken, Lord Shamim was that English commentator.
Old August 29, 2017, 10:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I have my reservations about Shamim being Lord or a mere flippant marquess.
Old August 29, 2017, 07:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Hay amader Ashar Fool!!
I did not watch the show or don't know what was the context but Ash played in one of those Drop-in- pitch back in Australia 2003 .. 1st Test at Marrara Oval, Darwin! Scored total 30 runs in two innings!
I read about this pitch thing back then ... Pretty sure veteran BC members know about it too. It's common in Down Under!!
He has served his time, paid his price and done his due as he is being accepted by mainstream public and media.

No need to be use spite and resentment especially being a seasoned, mature and 'veteran' poster yourself.

And I guess it must feel pretty good to get the 'one up' knowing "pretty sure veteran BC members know about it..."