facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2017, 06:46 AM
Test Cricketer

^Let them fight it out. Competition is good. I am no way a Ryad fan but I believe he still has lot to give. We have invested heavily in him.

Old February 13, 2017, 06:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I'd rather invest in the future and keep sabbir and also play liton or mosaddek or both.
Old February 13, 2017, 07:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Not that Riyad performed well but

Riyad in last 10 innings= 295 runs
Sabbir in last 10 innings= 247 runs

So I dont know how he performed better then Riyad. If Riyad gets dropped its because he failed to perform despite playing for so long. Sabbir by no means performed better then him though
You are comparing a 31 year old who's played test cricket since 2009 to a 25 year old who just started playing. The last 10 innings for Sabbir includes his Test debut. So the 6 year difference and the 7 extra years in the test team has helped Riyad score 48 runs more. But for some reason, it's Sabbir who has to get the axe.

I know you have a soft spot for Riyad but this is ridiculuous.
Old February 13, 2017, 07:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
^Let them fight it out. Competition is good. I am no way a Ryad fan but I believe he still has lot to give. We have invested heavily in him.
This is what an economist would call sunk cost fallacy:

"the idea that a company or organization is more likely to continue with a project if they have already invested a lot of money, time, or effort in it, even when continuing is not the best thing to do."

An economist would also label this behavior irrational as you are better off allocating your remaining resources to good use and move on from the sunk cost of a failed project.

Mullah is a sunk cost. Let's move on for the sake of
Old February 13, 2017, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

More I watch his dismissal. I see a player, who in mind isn't a player that likes to defen as often, far to open in defence, most often than not a good arm ball will get him.
Old February 13, 2017, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Maybe pair Sabbir to open with Tamim in all formats. Only thing I am worried about them too opening batsman are involved in run out decisions alot.
Old February 13, 2017, 01:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

And Shabbir probably thinking Are You Ready For Valentines Day ?

Shabbir fb valentines day greetings to all of us. .
Quote:
Hi Frnd's ....
Love is a gift from god...True love is like a blessingĀ and it has a magical power because sometimes it brings two persons closer whether they are perfect or not but love makes them perfect for each other..keep loving your dear ones and make them happy..Happy Valentine's Day to all..
feeling loved at taj krishna, hyderabad
Nice way to refresh his mind after today's loss especially after his poor dismissal.

Me, on behalf of BC Forum wish you back a happy valentines day with your loved one(s)..
Old February 13, 2017, 01:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
BDFlag Shabbir may be at 3, but not at 7

Which team plays a batsman at no. 7? Mostly, all-rounders or keepers bat at this position. Shabbir is none of them. Then why do you play him at this position?

At No. 7:
1) You either support No.5 or 6 or whoever is on the crease. This pair is the last recognized batsmen, so you don't want to get out.
2) Most times, you will end up pairing with tale-enders and will need to lead them.
3) From BD's perspective, you will often need to stay at the crease especially in your 2nd inning to draw/win the match.
4) Few times, you may have to be aggressive to score quickly depending on the situation. But it's very unlikely from where BD stands in test cricket.

Has Shabbir been doing these well enough? Probably not, but he only played few matches. However, he showed some promise. If Mullah stays in the team, Shabbir deserves a place before him.

But I will play him at No. 3. if I really don't have other options. Why?

Shabbir's Batting Analysis:
1) He has a good defense, better than lot of our top orders.
2) His T20 batting often flashes during his batting which he needs to avoid.
3) He has shots and power. With a good defense, he can build up a better batting technique.
4) Also, I think he plays pacers better than spinners.
5) After 2 LH openers, I would play Shabbir at 3 and Mominul at 4 (2 most significant batting positions in test).

But I would personally not play him in test right now until 2 of the 4 seniors (Tamim, Riyad, Mushy & Shakib) are permanently gone. However, I will keep him in ODI and T20 and also in 16-men test squad.
Old August 30, 2017, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

No.. does not have the temperament desired in Test cricket.
Old August 30, 2017, 03:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

I think Shabbir should be where Nasir bats, not the top order. We need to get rid of Nasir if we have Shabbir.
Old August 30, 2017, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Nope. Not for another few years. Keep him at LOI. Don't ruin him.
Old August 30, 2017, 05:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Nope....
Old August 30, 2017, 05:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

my order is like to see:

Tamim
Liton
mominul/shanto
mushy/shanto/mominul
shanto/mushy
Shakib
sabbir/soumya/whoever
Mehedi
Saifuddin/another spinner (taijul/jubair etc)
taskin/Abu hider
Fizz/Abu hider

Liton deserves a run as a top order bat, give him the gloves to if possible. Mominul shouldn't have been dropped, bring him back. I'd be tempted to play shanto at 3, he has been brought up in the number 3 spot so it's a chance to develop a natural number 3 for the test team. Mominul should be fine at 4 but so should mushy if he's there, shanto being new to the team would possibly feel less pressure at 4. Mushy would probably be gun at 5. Shakib at 6 can sure up the batting and give him less responsibility with the bat and more with the ball where he really is needed more.

Get a young talent at 7 for some experience, Sabbir and Soumya may not have the test temperament yet but coaches can work with that, both have decent technique, at least compared to who else is on offer.

Mehedi is perfect for 8 as a spin bowling allrounder but mainly needs to focus on his bowling.

Saifuddin offers more batting and a swing bowling pacer, taskin offers the pace and fiery, wicket taking option, fizz and rony offer that corridor bowling.