facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2017, 07:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
I admit my comment sounded far-fetched, but do we really want a guy who sells out his own team for cash. I know he has served his sentence, but his figures don't justify a selection any time soon. He needs to move mountains and moon to warrant a position in the final 11.

No hard feelings
nowhere in my comment I said we need ash, I am a known hater of ash in this forum when he played. but just because he cheated doesn't mean you throw away his past contributions

Old September 19, 2017, 07:09 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

this thread has gone into page 3 now
Old September 19, 2017, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Show some respect to the GodFather of Bangladesh Cricket.

Please.
Old September 19, 2017, 09:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

If you look back on Bangladesh cricket history, how it evolved from pre-Test era to present when we play regularly against big names, you cannot deny Ashraful's contribution.

As I remember, Ash was a prolific batsman with both class and flash but too much inconsistencies. When he emerged, he was a boy wonder for us, much like the great Tendulkar. He was indeed a big innings player. in fact, he was a perfect fit No. 3 batsman until everything changed due to his role in spot-fixing.

He is 33 now and I don't see Haturi bringing an old veteran with spot-fixing scandals. Personally, I would like him back in the national team if he were 30 and showed some consistency in domestic leagues. I don't have any doubt re: his capabilities, neither Imrul or Sabbir is a match to his class.
Old September 19, 2017, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Ashraful is our future.

I mean Ashfrful Jr.

When will he born?
Old September 20, 2017, 07:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

If memory serves me properly, I remember Ash belting the legend Muralidharan all over the park on his debut century. At that era only the greatest batsman of alltime Brian Lara was able to do that. Not even S Ramesh Tendulkar could dominate Murali. But can you imagine a young Bangladeshi batsman doing that? He was the only tiger in a team of kittens. Now that our team has a few more tigers, I wonder how Ash will fit in the team. But knowing our team-management(read Hathuru) I don't think it's going to happen.
Old September 20, 2017, 05:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
He needs to have at least one great season, not one great match
agreed. but in his case I'd wait for 3 thousand run domestic seasons before taking a look at him. for one match wonders, anamul just scored a double ton.
Old September 21, 2017, 02:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

There are a bunch of young batsmen averaging over 40, saif, shadman, not to mention liton and anamul.

Then you have journeymen who've been plugging away for years like naeem and tushar.

Why would you go back to picking ashraful after an innings or 2. His FC average is under 30.

Even when it comes to big innings those journeymen have more tons than ash in a similar amount of innings or less and even when it comes to naeem although he's played less tests than ash he's got a better test record.

So yeah plenty of options, if ashraful does get recalled make him earn it!
Old September 21, 2017, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Ash has almost zero chance of coming back. The only way he can be back in international cricket is if he manages to have a phenomenal BPL next year. Ash cant be as consistent as Nafees, Tushar, Alok and doesnt bring the similar prospects as Saif, Shanto, Liton and so on. But our bench strength in T20 is severely weak and thats one format he is probably the best at in the country still. But again.. has to be leading the chart to even get noticed
Old September 21, 2017, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Sabbir vs Ashraful? Whats happeni g here..🕵️‍♂️
Old September 21, 2017, 08:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Ash has almost zero chance of coming back. The only way he can be back in international cricket is if he manages to have a phenomenal BPL next year. Ash cant be as consistent as Nafees, Tushar, Alok and doesnt bring the similar prospects as Saif, Shanto, Liton and so on. But our bench strength in T20 is severely weak and thats one format he is probably the best at in the country still. But again.. has to be leading the chart to even get noticed
but Ash brings experience. a wealth of experience. Ash 2.0 is also more mature now.

imagine Ash mentoring the young and nervous cricketers. I can almost imagine him saying to Shanto "ei babe kelbi. bol e kali khuca marbi".. that's what we need.
Old September 21, 2017, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

I can see Ash part of the T20 set-up, but yeah, it's very unlikely he'll return to the national side ever again. I'm not sure if he's returning to play the BPL, but I would be glad if he is.
Old September 21, 2017, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Why are we still talking about him?
Old September 22, 2017, 08:41 AM
Test Cricketer

"আশরাফুল বছরের পর বছর ফিক্সিং করেছে। শুধু বিপিএলে না, দেশের খেলায় ৩বার ফিক্সিংয়ের কথা আকসুর জিজ্ঞাসাবাদে স্বীকার করেছে। ১২ বছরে নিশ্চয়ই তিনবার করে নাই? আরও অনেকবার করছে। কাজেই তার পারফরম্যান্স, তার অবদান এসব নিয়ে আমার ন্যূনতম মাথাব্যথা নেই। একসময় তাকে নিয়ে প্রচুর লিখেছি। ভালো-খারাপ বিশ্লেষণ করেছি। লোকের গালি খেয়েছি। এখন নিজেকে প্রচণ্ড প্রতারিত মনে করি। সে প্রতারণা করেছে আমার মত প্রত্যেকটা ক্রিকেট ফ্যানের সঙ্গে।

অনেকবার বলেছি, আমার মতে, যে কোনো লেভেলের ক্রিকেটে সামান্যতম ফিক্সিংয়েরও ন্যূনতম শাস্তি হওয়া উচিত আজীবন নিষেধাজ্ঞা। তার পর ফিক্সিংয়ের মাত্রা ভেদে সঙ্গে হওয়া উচিত আরও কোনো জেল-জরিমানা বা দৃষ্টান্তমূলক শান্তি। আশরাফুল আবার ক্রিকেট খেলতে পারছে, এটার জন্য নিজেকে সৌভাগ্যবান ভাবতে পারে যে শাস্তির আইন বা নিয়ম খুবই হালকা। আজ মিরাজ বা মুস্তাফিজরা ভাবতেই পারে এই দেশে চাইলে বছরের পর বছর ফিক্সিং করার পরও কয়েক বছর পর লোকের কাছে হিরো হয়ে ফেরা যায়। অসৎ টাকাও কামাবে। লোকের কাছে আবেগের নায়কও হওয়া যাবে। দারুণ দৃষ্টান্ত না?"

From Ariful Islam Roney's fb page.