facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2017, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I d be a bit concerned abt our progress though. On paper yeah we should be able to beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka. But this is also the most disorganized i have seen BD in a long time.

Batting, quality of pace bowling-woeful. Even spin, we are reliant on Shakib to make things happen. Safe to say our curve has stopped moving upwards.

Old October 3, 2017, 10:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I d be a bit concerned abt our progress though. On paper yeah we should be able to beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka. But this is also the most disorganized i have seen BD in a long time.

Batting, quality of pace bowling-woeful. Even spin, we are reliant on Shakib to make things happen. Safe to say our curve has stopped moving upwards.
Well TBH Taskin has always been a spray gun, albeit shown glimpses of his talent here and there, Miraj is a known spin track bully, Rubel is crap and the less said about others the better. Actually It is the Shocking decline of Mustafizur and temporary non-availability of Shakib hurting you the most. Still more than enough power to beat SL and Pak in BD I'd say.
Old October 3, 2017, 10:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Well TBH Taskin has always been a spray gun, albeit shown glimpses of his talent here and there, Miraj is a known spin track bully, Rubel is crap and the less said about others the better. Actually It is the Shocking decline of Mustafizur and temporary non-availability of Shakib hurting you the most.
Taskin is a chagol. You have to have a brain to be a test bowler, and Taskin doesn't have it. He is tall and strong, and that's all he is. He will be ok in LOIs, but he's not Test material. Our pace bowling is piss poor and we have very few options coming through the system.
Old October 3, 2017, 10:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Taskin is a chagol. You have to have a brain to be a test bowler, and Taskin doesn't have it. He is tall and strong, and that's all he is. He will be ok in LOIs, but he's not Test material. Our pace bowling is piss poor and we have very few options coming through the system.
He is still very young and as you said tall and strong, got pace and his basics are okay, most certainly got talent, if managed properly he could be an asset for you in all formats, the bowler you should kick out right now is Shafiul hell even Soumya could replace him and you could play an extra batter
Old October 3, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Good read:

Quote:
Frankly, Pakistan would like to call bullshit. For years - pretty much his entire career - Rangana Herath has been made out to be this cuddly, pudgy little teddy bear. No piece on him goes by without reference to his belly. And look, he works in a bank except he's not a banker like JP Morgan was a banker. Cricket's normcore legend. Drops his kids to school and runs errands himself. He's happy to be normal, shed of the celebrity psychosis of subcontinent cricketers. He's the not-Murali Sri Lanka spinner. Doesn't really do much with the ball either. Keeps it simple. What can he do? He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ruth-rangaiyya
Old October 3, 2017, 10:28 AM
Cricket Sage

"He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling."

This cracked me up.
Old October 3, 2017, 10:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
He is still very young and as you said tall and strong, got pace and his basics are okay, most certainly got talent, if managed properly he could be an asset for you in all formats, the bowler you should kick out right now is Shafiul hell even Soumya could replace him and you could play an extra batter
Shafiul did better than Taskin last match. And that is the best way to describe our woeful pace attack: Shafiul was not the worst.

Shuba Roy should replace one of them next match.
Old October 3, 2017, 10:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good read:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ruth-rangaiyya
His before age 35 and after 35 stat breakdown is just incredible. I mean wth? How is that even possible?
Old October 3, 2017, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
His before age 35 and after 35 stat breakdown is just incredible. I mean wth? How is that even possible?
He reminds me of fifty something year old who used to play in our local 2nd division cricket competition. Every year, he would completely make at least 3 centuries at Gayle's strike rate.

And he always field in the slips or keep wickets, always chirping with naughty jokes and suh. Oh what a great human he was.
Old October 3, 2017, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Herath is like a grim reaper to Pak batters, this is not the first time he owned them, he single-handedly massacred their batting line up multiple times in the past even when MisYou was there.
Old October 3, 2017, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Herath is like a grim reaper to Pak batters, this is not the first time he owned them, he single-handedly massacred their batting line up multiple times in the past even when MisYou was there.
Just a little of 25% of all his wickets were against Pakistan-- that tells us a lot.
Old October 3, 2017, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Just a little of 25% of all his wickets were against Pakistan-- that tells us a lot.
Amazing record, considering the popular belief that Pakistanis traditionally play spin well
Old October 3, 2017, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Amazing record, considering the popular belief that Pakistanis traditionally play spin well
Pakistan are one of the worst team to play spin in the modern game.

Younis was a excellent grafter, but the rest were vulnerable. This is all part in parcel of the close games we've seen involving Pakistan for the past months.

Shannon Gabriel gave them one.
Old October 3, 2017, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Pakistan are one of the worst team to play spin in the modern game.

Younis was a excellent grafter, but the rest were vulnerable. This is all part in parcel of the close games we've seen involving Pakistan for the past months.

Shannon Gabriel gave them one.
How can you forget Bishoo? Made them dance on his tunes
Old October 3, 2017, 11:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
How can you forget Bishoo?
Oh, I looked past him. 37 of Bishoo's 90 wickets have come against Pakistan. Can't forget that 8/49...in a losing cause.
Old October 3, 2017, 11:39 AM
Cricket Sage

I was making that Shannon Gabriel reference, because we could have deny them a victory in that match where MisYou retired
Old October 3, 2017, 11:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Oh, I looked past him. 37 of Bishoo's 90 wickets have come against Pakistan. Can't forget that 8/49...in a losing cause.
Man, that was an ATG spell
Old October 3, 2017, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Man, that was an ATG spell
You think that it would be ironic that they produce some good spinners yet their batsmen seem to struggle against it.

Maybe I'm wrong, the batsmen can't handle the quality of the spinners. I can't make a judgement on the domestic structure and quality of cricket there, but I can make a judgement on what is displayed at the international level.

They have some talented players (bowlers). They gotta find the people to bat and make the runs. Azhar Ali alone can't do this. Asad Shafiq needs to step up, along with Babar (whose test record is abysmal compared to his ODI record).

I'm still thinking that Pakistan will bounce back in the next game. Call me an optimist
Old October 3, 2017, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Taskin young and strong, but why on earth is he bowling at 125-135 kph. One thing is cutting down pace for accuracy, but what accuracy.

This is where BD also lacks in strategy. SA or Aus will use Rabada or Cummins in short bursts, asking them to bowl at lively pace, unsettle the batsmen. If Taskin can bowl quick (Which i am not sure abt anymore), thats the role you would ask him to play.
Old October 3, 2017, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Solomon Mire.

Since when was espncricinfo rated M for mature, I thought it was owned by Disney, how did a word like Bullshit go through the editors.
Old October 4, 2017, 12:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
"He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling."

This cracked me up.
That one cut me deep. Being that I am one. SLA i.e.
Old October 4, 2017, 12:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

This was always on the cards considering the following:

- Shakib on vacay
- incomprehensible selections of Imrul, Riyad, Sabbir
- Taskin's disappointing bowling
- tail order consists of 3 genuine number 11s
- coach and/or management + selectors hell bent on making the above mistakes

Its a minor miracle we've won the 3 Tests we have so far.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 4, 2017, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

I get the feeling our coach has reached saturation point in terms of how far he can develop this team. Dav Whatmore also experienced this after a certain time.

Have a fear things can go south from here especially with all these issues surrounding captaincy, deterioration of pace attack, injuries etc.

I doubt BCB will also make any change in coaching till WC 2019. So might not be a pleasant couple of years for fans.
Old October 7, 2017, 07:08 AM
Test Cricketer

SL royally thumping Pak and I am enjoying every bit of it, arrey Jeesh dada Kothay apni? Their coach said after the India series that the thrashing actually strengthened their morale, looks like he was right? Do you agree with that?
Old October 7, 2017, 08:00 AM
Cricket Sage

SL playing for the Karunaratne double