facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 6, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Very ironic, our bowlers can't bowl so we can't make breakthroughs, this is the same reason why we can't bat because do not get to play quality bowling

Old October 6, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

I would be more than surprised to see steaming in and his belly bouncing from left to right as he approaches the bowling crease.

I would pay good money to see him beating the bats of players like Kayes, Soumya, Sabbir,etc
Old October 6, 2017, 04:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

What a borefest. Amakey bowlingey namaito ? Kisu ball dhila martam ar mair khaitam ?
Old October 6, 2017, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

I am only talking about ODI, Shakib has faced Zimbabwe 43 times, and has a combined total runs of 1316.

If you combine that with other minnow matches, 42 per cent of his total ODI runs have come from playing against minnow teams at home.

His talent is not questionable, theres no doubt about that, but he is definitely not a ATG across all formats. Let Stokes or Moeen play against Zimbabwe 43 times, and lets see where it gets them.

Not to mention his away stats aren't that great.

Face the truth, the only reason Shakib is considered to be the number 1 allrounder is that, when he played 2006-Now, past AR such as Kallis were slowly regressing, leaving Shakib little to no competition.

Out of 224 wickets Shakib has only taken 66 away from home. That's less than 30 per cent. But lets not judge his bowling, since like other AR, he follows the trend at being garbage bowling overseas.

Take a look at batting, Angelo Mathews debuted in 2008 and is a far greater batsmen then Shakib, both at home and away, whilst at the same time providing decent seam up bowling.

He is a good player no doubt, but his ATG status is questionable.
Old October 6, 2017, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Well, your sanity is also questionable, as you keep talking about Shakib in a match thread where he is not even playing!

If you want to question his ODI credentials, come back when the ODI series starts!
Old October 6, 2017, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ Well, your sanity is also questionable, as you keep talking about Shakib in a match thread where he is not even playing!

If you want to question his ODI credentials, come back when the ODI series starts!
Just pointing the facts.
Old October 6, 2017, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Mark my words, Shakib will not even be able to get a score over 65 in these SA tracks, his batting and bowling woes will be exposed.
Old October 6, 2017, 09:41 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Mark my words, Shakib will not even be able to get a score over 65 in these SA tracks, his batting and bowling woes will be exposed.
Well he's not playing nor is he part of the squad so talking about is completely irrelevant and pointless.
Old October 6, 2017, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Well he's not playing nor is he part of the squad so talking about is completely irrelevant and pointless.
He is playing the ODIs.
Old October 6, 2017, 11:07 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Quote:
He is playing the ODIs.
Well like Eshen said, if you wanna discuss his ODI contributions then come back during the ODIs. We are in the middle of tests so no point talking about someone not in the test squad.
Old October 6, 2017, 11:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

If you want to question Shakib al Hasan's contribution to test cricket just refer to 1st Test vs. Australia in Dhaka(On a testing pitch where even world class Aussie batsmen apart from Warner struggled big time) and 2nd Test against Sri Lanka in the same year.

I still cannot fathom why Shakib gets so much hate and under appreciation from his own countrymen

I am not gonna even get started with his bowling contribution...(not even Herath takes a fifer every single innings dude)
Old October 6, 2017, 11:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
He said Walsh himself bowls in the practice sessions and the batsmen have a hard time playing towards mid-off and mid-on.
If our national team heroes have a such a tough time, imagine how much trouble those NCL top scorers would get? no wonder domestic heroes like Naeem Islam, Tushar Imran, Shahriar Nafees constantly get ignored. maybe those guys are worth another look(only Tests)?

Bangladesh needs an Azhar Ali/Misbah ul Haque type player in tests. Boring, but stays in the crease and gets the job done. This is where we are missing the services of Naeem/Tushar/Nafees into play.

Sabbir/Soumya are more of one day (T20) mold players. I would never expect them to score a test century
Old October 7, 2017, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Light showers, should'nt effect the result.
Old October 7, 2017, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Why isn't Taskin playing? What nonsense is this?

@al Furqaan, share ur thoughts pls. Why have our clueless selectors abandoned a future ATG bowler like Taskin
Old October 7, 2017, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Amla is in sublime form, hopefully he gets his second hundred.
Old October 7, 2017, 04:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

They're going to declare today, instead of scoring 800, because the pitch has sped up
Old October 7, 2017, 04:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Fizz...... 21 overs...... 96 runs......0 wickets wow
Old October 7, 2017, 05:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Bangladesh players seem mentally not ready for away tours, there is a lot of difference on how these guys played at home and this. It's so boring as a neutral, I thought Bangladesh will put up a good fight, even cause an upset.

Perhaps they need more crowd support? Maybe more BD fans ought to go to the stadium and root for their team!!
Old October 7, 2017, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow....

Ladies and Gentleman.

The Tuetonic trio, the holy trinity, the big three, the BMW Mercedes and Audi of the trolling world:

Eclipse, Senman and Indyeah have arrived to laugh at our misfortune.

Lets roll out the red carpet, once again arriving when bangladesh are playing like garbage.
Old October 7, 2017, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am only talking about ODI, Shakib has faced Zimbabwe 43 times, and has a combined total runs of 1316.

If you combine that with other minnow matches, 42 per cent of his total ODI runs have come from playing against minnow teams at home.

His talent is not questionable, theres no doubt about that, but he is definitely not a ATG across all formats. Let Stokes or Moeen play against Zimbabwe 43 times, and lets see where it gets them.

Not to mention his away stats aren't that great.

Face the truth, the only reason Shakib is considered to be the number 1 allrounder is that, when he played 2006-Now, past AR such as Kallis were slowly regressing, leaving Shakib little to no competition.

Out of 224 wickets Shakib has only taken 66 away from home. That's less than 30 per cent. But lets not judge his bowling, since like other AR, he follows the trend at being garbage bowling overseas.

Take a look at batting, Angelo Mathews debuted in 2008 and is a far greater batsmen then Shakib, both at home and away, whilst at the same time providing decent seam up bowling.

He is a good player no doubt, but his ATG status is questionable.

You mention kallis like he was simply an ATG player, you are wrong, he is arguably the GOAT, I have him number 2, Sobers being first

Shakib isn't as good as that, but that doesn't mean only 2 players are ATGs

You want to compare Mathews? Let me educate you on why he's not in Shakibs league

Mathews has played 192 matches, Shakib has 177

One has 4983 runs one has 4912...guess which ones Shakib?

One has 7 international hundreds, other has 1...guess which one is Shakib

One has 224 wickets, other has half...guess which one is Shakib

One has an economy of 4.4, other has one of 4.6...guess which one is Shakib

One has 7 4W hauls, other has 1... Guess which one is Shakib?

One has one 16 man of the match, and 5 man of the series, other has won 6 and no mos... Guess which one is Shakib?

Angelo is a world class player no doubt, but he's spent most of his career in the giant slip stream created by mahela and sangakara, whilst mahela didn't perform in most odi games, in big games and crunch situations he always turned up, Shakib had no luxury, he was the main batsman, bowler, fielder, mash has completely changed our mentalities, you have no idea what Shakib has done for us, no amount of stats or highlights can show why he is rated so highly, he carried hope of a nation on his back just to save us from embarrassment, he grabbed the team, put it on his back and made sure no one can call us minnows anymore, not tamim, not rahim, not mashrafe, just mainly him, you think we get rough decisions now? Shakib had to take about 7 wickets a game to get 3, every time he played, I've also seen him almost middle a bat to be given out lbw, I've seen him a foot and a half outside line to be given out lbw, I've seen him missing the ball by Good couple of inches to be given caught out, from his bowling I've seen thick edges not be given, I've seen plumb after plumb middle of middle not given, stats don't show these, he most definitely is an ATG, only Hadlee compares to the account of carrying he had to do

For someone who little, you have such strong views and you're not even trolling, it is ignorant.

Old October 7, 2017, 05:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Wow....

Ladies and Gentleman.

The Tuetonic trio, the holy trinity, the big three, the BMW Mercedes and Audi of the trolling world:

Eclipse, Senman and Indyeah have arrived to laugh at our misfortune.

Lets roll out the red carpet, once again arriving when bangladesh are playing like garbage.
Thanks Dinraat but seriously I don't message that much.
Old October 7, 2017, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
You mention kallis like he was simply an ATG player, you are wrong, he is arguably the GOAT, I have him number 2, Sobers being first

Shakib isn't as good as that, but that doesn't mean only 2 players are ATGs

You want to compare Mathews? Let me educate you on why he's not in Shakibs league

Mathews has played 192 matches, Shakib has 177

One has 4983 runs one has 4912...guess which ones Shakib?

One has 7 international hundreds, other has 1...guess which one is Shakib

One has 224 wickets, other has half...guess which one is Shakib

One has an economy of 4.4, other has one of 4.6...guess which one is Shakib

One has 7 4W hauls, other has 1... Guess which one is Shakib?

One has one 16 man of the match, and 5 man of the series, other has won 6 and no mos... Guess which one is Shakib?

Angelo is a world class player no doubt, but he's spent most of his career in the giant slip stream created by mahela and sangakara, whilst mahela didn't perform in most odi games, in big games and crunch situations he always turned up, Shakib had no luxury, he was the main batsman, bowler, fielder, mash has completely changed our mentalities, you have no idea what Shakib has done for us, no amount of stats or highlights can show why he is rated so highly, he carried hope of a nation on his back just to save us from embarrassment, he grabbed the team, put it on his back and made sure no one can call us minnows anymore, not tamim, not rahim, not mashrafe, just mainly him, you think we get rough decisions now? Shakib had to take about 7 wickets a game to get 3, every time he played, I've also seen him almost middle a bat to be given out lbw, I've seen him a foot and a half outside line to be given out lbw, I've seen him missing the ball by Good couple of inches to be given caught out, from his bowling I've seen thick edges not be given, I've seen plumb after plumb middle of middle not given, stats don't show these, he most definitely is an ATG, only Hadlee compares to the account of carrying he had to do

For someone who little, you have such strong views and you're not even trolling, it is ignorant.
This thread would of been empty without a classic tiger1000 response to Shakib's naysayers.

But believe what you want, in the eyes of non-bangladeshi fans, whether you like it or not, he will just be another good player from the subcontinent, not in the midst of A.T.Gs .
Old October 7, 2017, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Thanks Dinraat but seriously I don't message that much.
Ok we can call it the platonic duo of Eclipse and Indyeah, that sound better.
Old October 7, 2017, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This thread would of been empty without a classic tiger1000 response to Shakib's naysayers.

But believe what you want, in the eyes of non-bangladeshi fans, whether you like it or not, he will just be another good player from the subcontinent, not in the midst of A.T.Gs .
I respond to all illogical posts, so most of yours.

Kallis spent most of his career, being talked of as a 'good' player, when he was one goats, what difference does it mean that non bangladeshi fans don't follow our cricket?, when we play them, they all sit up and call him a 'great' after that they like to forget, Kallis will be remembered for what he was in time, so will Shakib, he's reigned as one of the greatest players of his generations across all formats for a decade... Yep not an ATG

Other people are idiotic, so you decide to be one too?

You used to criticise his test performances, when you had no argument left, you jumped to odis, next you will jump to T20s, then probably how he dresses

Further, you say believe what I want... I point out facts, you point to your uneducated opinion, so you find it reasonable to believe in your opinion over actual facts, that's your problem not mine

Old October 7, 2017, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

FOUR to bring up century of du Plessis and Mustafiz.