facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old October 7, 2017, 04:01 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,228

Hell must have frozen over but the OP is right.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old October 8, 2017, 07:31 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Hell must have frozen over but the OP is right.
Once you open your eyes to the light, there's no going back.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 8, 2017, 08:50 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 3,670

^ No, you can circle jerk all you want.

And yes, I will be first to admit our limitations. But Mushfiqur is part of that limitation, he is not separate from it.

I am not saying we would have won, or even make it a close match. But to bat first twice in a row in batting friendly pitch is asinine. Especially, when you are supposed to show bravery in tests to make a statement on your team's improved skill.

Mushfiq has sabotaged it all, and if you know my posting history, I have been saying this for a long time, it's not like your thread was profound enough to warrant a reply. It's just I think you are smarter than that, and you want the fraudster captain to remain with us as long as possible so we continue to under perform.
__________________
I dream of the day when Mushfiqur won't have a place in the team.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old October 8, 2017, 09:13 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
...


Fact is mushy knows about our BD's limitations more than our BD fans armchair experts ....
Call a spade a spade. If hiding batting limitation is the goal here then why blast the bowlers?

Come out of the closet and say it. We are weak at batting and I am one of the batsman who share the blame. That is why I chose to bowl first. No open secret.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old October 8, 2017, 12:02 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
49/4. If they had batted first, match might be over by now.

So by your own admission, batting is one of the problem (not only bowling). But Mushfiq specifically blamed our bowers not the batsman or team as a whole. Its like creating a division within his team to save his own sorry a$$.

And that is reason most of the fans are mad at him.

i thought you are better than that, should be able to analyst by your own why so many fans are mad at Mushfiq. So sad that we have spoon feed you to realize why so many fans are mad at the cptain.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old October 9, 2017, 07:59 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque

It's just I think you are smarter than that, and you want the fraudster captain to remain with us as long as possible so we continue to under perform.
WTF is this nonsense. Where have I said anything about Mushfiqur's captaincy? I don't follow BD cricket attentively enough to have an informed opinion on whether he's a good captain or not, or whether he should stay captain or not.

From what I saw of him when he played against India, and what I know of his stats, is that he is valuable to the team as a test match batsman. In fact, well before the one-off test against India, I remember advocating for him to play as a batsman.

My post was about the decision to field first. And I would have stuck to my opinion about it being correct, even if BD hadn't collapsed the way they did, and strengthened my argument.


By the way, your speculation about my motives is so completely off-base, all it does, is highlight your insecurities and complexes about how you feel about total strangers on the internet, simply because they are from a particular country. That's a very troubling way to think about things. Get well soon.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old October 9, 2017, 08:03 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So by your own admission, batting is one of the problem (not only bowling). But Mushfiq specifically blamed our bowers not the batsman or team as a whole. Its like creating a division within his team to save his own sorry a$$.

And that is reason most of the fans are mad at him.

i thought you are better than that, should be able to analyst by your own why so many fans are mad at Mushfiq. So sad that we have spoon feed you to realize why so many fans are mad at the cptain.

What does the topic for this thread say? It doesn't ask why you are mad at Mushfiq. The question asked was, why so upset about batting 2nd.

Supporting the decision, doesn't mean I automatically support or endorse Mushfiq's captaincy.

By the way, Mushfiq's public statements on the subject of the toss decision, and his statements on this tour overall have been extremely poor and ill-judged. They betray a mindset of a man beseiged and under pressure, trying to justify himself and his mistakes.

He should never have thrown his bowlers under the bus like that, even if he was right. Which he is NOT.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old October 9, 2017, 06:05 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 3,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
WTF is this nonsense. Where have I said anything about Mushfiqur's captaincy? I don't follow BD cricket attentively enough to have an informed opinion on whether he's a good captain or not, or whether he should stay captain or not.

From what I saw of him when he played against India, and what I know of his stats, is that he is valuable to the team as a test match batsman. In fact, well before the one-off test against India, I remember advocating for him to play as a batsman.

My post was about the decision to field first. And I would have stuck to my opinion about it being correct, even if BD hadn't collapsed the way they did, and strengthened my argument.


By the way, your speculation about my motives is so completely off-base, all it does, is highlight your insecurities and complexes about how you feel about total strangers on the internet, simply because they are from a particular country. That's a very troubling way to think about things. Get well soon.
You accuse me of complexes, then you say it's because I think you are from a particular country. Kind of self defeating isn't it? You think I care diddly-squat where you are from, no. It's just evil what you are trying to do by defending Mushfiqur. And yes, I don't think you have the best interest of Bangladesh in your heart when you know what an anti-charismatic presence he has been for us. And that is irrespective of any identity. Check your own complexes before projecting them on others.

Oh, and don't wish for my recovery. I am fine. Don't retort to snides. Won't get you anywhere.
__________________
I dream of the day when Mushfiqur won't have a place in the team.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old October 9, 2017, 07:18 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 1,864

IndYeah, sorry for butting in but I think this is a misunderstanding, Roye is a very decent poster, I have been posting here regularly for quite some time to know that there are a few members here with a tunnel vision when it comes to India and Roey most certainly isn't one of them. Let's not get carried away.
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old October 10, 2017, 09:26 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
It's just evil what you are trying to do by defending Mushfiqur. And yes, I don't think you have the best interest of Bangladesh in your heart when you know what an anti-charismatic presence he has been for us.
Again. You have failed to read my posts, or the OP. I have not defended Mushfiq's sub-par leadership. I am arguing that his DECISION to field first was justified.

And do you have ANY basis for claiming that I "don't have the best interests of Bangladesh at heart"? Other than the fact that I'm of Indian origin?

Dude, I root for BD anytime they aren't playing against India. Its a different thing that I will not hesitate to put cocky and idiotic fans in their place.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old October 10, 2017, 09:41 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Ya... why are we upset? Boro dada said you connot be upset.

Oh bhoy paise.... we shouldn't be upset anymore.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old October 10, 2017, 10:07 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ya... why are we upset? Boro dada said you connot be upset.

Oh bhoy paise.... we shouldn't be upset anymore.
Exhibit A. Did your crush choose an Indian instead of you when you were young or something? Why such a chip on your shoulder about "boro dada". Why not argue the merits or lack of, of the question at hand?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old October 10, 2017, 11:01 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
What does the topic for this thread say? It doesn't ask why you are mad at Mushfiq. The question asked was, why so upset about batting 2nd.
...
Because no sane person would shoot in their own foot. But the captain did it by deciding to bat first in both test and gave illogical answers to defend his decision.

If the pitch was green, condition overcast, bowling 1st would make sense. This doesn't make sense. Even to SA captain who was there to shake hands with a grin.

You start by giving the opponent advantage. We wouldn't be mad at that?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old October 10, 2017, 11:01 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Again. You have failed to read my posts, or the OP. I have not defended Mushfiq's sub-par leadership. I am arguing that his DECISION to field first was justified.

And do you have ANY basis for claiming that I "don't have the best interests of Bangladesh at heart"? Other than the fact that I'm of Indian origin?

Dude, I root for BD anytime they aren't playing against India. Its a different thing that I will not hesitate to put cocky and idiotic fans in their place.
It wasn't justified, if you think it was, you know very little about the game
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old October 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Exhibit A. Did your crush choose an Indian instead of you when you were young or something? Why such a chip on your shoulder about "boro dada". Why not argue the merits or lack of, of the question at hand?
There is no merit in your thread. Read what the experts and reporters in SA and Bangladesh are saying. If you don't get it, you will never get it.

This thread and where its going is a perfect example what idiotic thread is. You are more than welcome to express your opinion, but learn how to gracefully agree to disagree here. Don't try to show your cockiness here. Dada giri onno khane dekhao.


You may say where I was disrespectful?

Here it is:

Quote:
Its a different thing that I will not hesitate to put cocky and idiotic fans in their place.
I am following what you said in the above statement. I am putting you in the appropriate place.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old October 10, 2017, 11:56 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah

And do you have ANY basis for claiming that I "don't have the best interests of Bangladesh at heart"? Other than the fact that I'm of Indian origin?

Dude, I root for BD anytime they aren't playing against India.
Sure with friends like that who need enemy?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old October 10, 2017, 06:33 PM
Eclipse's Avatar
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,756

None of our fans should have blamed mushy for choosing to bowl first. He made the right call.


But I can understand why some of our BD fans r feeling frustrated right now. The myth about the high quality of our bowling attack have already been busted and we have been made to realise that none of our bowlers especially pacers are skillful enough to take wickets in test cricket.


Ppl had high hopes for fizz & taskin and thought they would become a great pair and win us matches with their bowling alone, especially outside Asia. They didn't realise the fact that fizz is a gun barrel straight bowler who doesn't have the ability to swing the ball. But now they have realised that fizz and taskin r as mediocre as the rest of the Bangladeshi bowlers which is why they have become hopeless and frustrated and they r venting out their frustration on poor mushy for a simple toss instead of criticising overhyped fizz, taskin or Roy.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old October 10, 2017, 06:41 PM
Eclipse's Avatar
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
It wasn't justified, if you think it was, you know very little about the game
Why wasn't it justified. Tell us specifically. What would've happened if Bangladesh had batted first?
__________________
Drink formalin free orange juice.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old October 10, 2017, 07:06 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Ppl had high hopes for fizz & taskin and thought they would become a great pair and win us matches with their bowling alone, especially outside Asia. They didn't realise the fact that fizz is a gun barrel straight bowler who doesn't have the ability to swing the ball. But now they have realised that fizz and taskin r as mediocre as the rest of the Bangladeshi bowlers which is why they have become hopeless and frustrated and they r venting out their frustration on poor mushy for a simple toss instead of criticising overhyped fizz, taskin or Roy.
None of the SA quicks swung the ball either. Rabada got some to reverse, but Fizz can reverse the ball as well.

Actually Fizz did get a hint of swing in the 2nd Test.

Fizz averages 25 in Asia, so whatever he is doing, fast bowlers from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka should be taking notes.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old October 11, 2017, 08:09 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
None of the SA quicks swung the ball either. Rabada got some to reverse, but Fizz can reverse the ball as well.

Actually Fizz did get a hint of swing in the 2nd Test.

Fizz averages 25 in Asia, so whatever he is doing, fast bowlers from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka should be taking notes.
Didn't watch bulk of the test, but one shouldn't jump to conclusions and be overly harsh about individual bowlers' ability or skill levels based on such results. I have to disagree with Eclipse's chest-beating and self-flagellating over BD's bowling.

Its the nature of test cricket, that bowlers have to hunt in packs. You could be a singularly great bowler, but if the pressure is being released at the other end, you could easily end up with pedestrian figures. This is the reason why quality bowlers like Kapil ended up with less than stellar career numbers - they simply didn't have the depth in the bowling unit to provide adequate back-up. Fizz could be suffering from this as well. Taskin, I think has got a long way to go in his development curve, anyway. Even in LOIs, forget tests.

Clearly, South Africa had the quality and depth to maintain pressure, while BD didn't.


As far as back as the BD tour to NZ, I had posted about Subashish Roy looking the part of a test bowler. I haven't watched entire spells by him, and he is still raw and prone to inconsistency - but the guy has potential to be a good complimentary piece in a test bowling attack. He should be given a consistent run in test cricket by BD.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket