facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:00 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,159
Default Problem'i problem

Walsh'er dosh. Haturi'r onek power. Board kisui koray na, ghumai. Akram khan ki schedule koray, kono A team khela nai overseas. Shakib'er chorbi beshi hoisey.

Shotti'e ki tai?

When we were winning series at home, we were winning with the good performance on Sarkar, Miraz, Mustafiz alongside with the seniors. These are the youngsters of the team. Future corner stones. All three have gone missing.

The seniors are always contributing but the wins have dried up because the juniors who got permanent spots are not contributing at all.

Sabbir: ghola chokh'er ki style in practice matches. Putuputu in real match.
Sarkar: forgot how to hold the bat.
Miraz: Batting alrounder. No no no. Bowling alrounder. No no no... I don't know.
Fizz: Injury, action change, halfbacked rehab. Rasel reincarnated. Abar soccer kheltey jai.
Taskin: Bieber fan. Enough said.
SOLUTION:
Shob gula'r kombol parade dorkar. Extra drill laga. Match jita tho durey thak. Kono competition'e nai. Baraitey gasey SA'tey. Vacation kataitey.

Rant over.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:05 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,615

Just curious which series are you referring to when you say we were winning with Sarkar? Its the seniors that has been winning games for us with Fizz and Miraz helping occasionally.
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:14 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 23,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Just curious which series are you referring to when you say we were winning with Sarkar? Its the seniors that has been winning games for us with Fizz and Miraz helping occasionally.
Have u already forgotten how Sarkar batted last time we played a odi series against SA.
Or that blistering 100 vs Pak in 3rd odi ?
2015 was a great year because tjere was a great combined effort from seniors and juniors.
2017 has been the opposite.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:30 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Have u already forgotten how Sarkar batted last time we played a odi series against SA.
Or that blistering 100 vs Pak in 3rd odi ?
2015 was a great year because tjere was a great combined effort from seniors and juniors.
2017 has been the opposite.
might as well bring 2012 when we made the finals in Asia Cup. Cherish Sarkar's 2015 as much as you can because you aint gonna see that ever again
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:42 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 23,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
might as well bring 2012 when we made the finals in Asia Cup. Cherish Sarkar's 2015 as much as you can because you aint gonna see that ever again
whether we see it again or not that is a different topic but you can not just take away his achievements of 2015.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 18, 2017, 11:05 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Have u already forgotten how Sarkar batted last time we played a odi series against SA.
Or that blistering 100 vs Pak in 3rd odi ?
2015 was a great year because tjere was a great combined effort from seniors and juniors.
2017 has been the opposite.
FTB. All those scores where on FT, against SA Soumya got lucky a few times.

Nota Bene
Should of added.

Shakib: Takes break to hide his batting and bowling flaws in SA.
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 19, 2017, 08:43 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Just curious which series are you referring to when you say we were winning with Sarkar? ...
3 series we won.
1st one against Pak: 127* (110) MOM. Completed the whitewash.
2nd one against Ind: 54 (40). 2nd Highest scorer of the team. Wouldn't recognize his contribution? We went on to score 307 with the platform Tamim and he put on. Got runout. 2nd Match of the series; score 34. Fizz doing the damage early. We win the 1st two games and the series in that process.

3rd one against SA: 2nd ODI - 88* (79). MOM. 3rd ODI - 90 (75). MOM. MOS.

+++
No one other than Fizz, in our cricketing history has come with that kind of bang. That is why he is so important for the future and coach keeps putting in the lineup. Form is temporary. Class is permanent.

FYI: I didn't want him in the team for the last few series. Citing he has problems and that problem can only be sorted out in domestic cricket not in International cricket. Regain his form and then come back.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 19, 2017, 08:53 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
FTB. All those scores where on FT, against SA Soumya got lucky a few times...
Who in the cricketing history, starting with Bradman weren't lucky few times? Heck I saw Tendu getting 5 lives in a WC semi final match against Pak. To the point, question crept out, poisha khaisey? He single handedly with those lives won the match. That is how Tendu has his only WC ring.

Getting lives are part of the game. It can't be held against a player. If you can't recognize that then you need to get in to cricket 101 class. In most centuries, double centuries, triple centuries scored by players, along the way, they got lucky. Averages, stats, Champions are formed on those lucky escapes.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 19, 2017, 09:11 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 23,605

Problem is = Problem Hai

But since we know the problem, Noow how to solve this problem?
I believe through Asthmatics, Mathematics, Jaamity we can solve any problem, Insh Allah!
Uttor miltey hobey kintoo.
__________________
God bless Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 19, 2017, 10:48 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 3,675

Two ways of going about it. Keep striving for mediocrity and do nothing. Being competitive in home is good enough for a side that was laughable in the in the 90s and 2000s.

OR,break up the core. Dare to be great. Dare to expect more. Sacrifice short term rewards of mediocrity for long term goals of being world champs.
__________________
I dream of the day when Mushfiqur won't have a place in the team.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 19, 2017, 12:13 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 3,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
FTB. All those scores where on FT, against SA Soumya got lucky a few times.

Nota Bene
Should of added.

Shakib: Takes break to hide his batting and bowling flaws in SA.
Luck plays a big part.. in any sports...

In terms of players, many established ones get luck..check the match against SA..

ABD was dropped when he was on 20 or something...two near outs...

It's hard to find players that consistently play solid innings without luck helping them out.
__________________
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 19, 2017, 01:46 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Problem is = Problem Hai

But since we know the problem, Noow how to solve this problem?
I believe through Asthmatics, Mathematics, Jaamity we can solve any problem, Insh Allah!
Uttor miltey hobey kintoo.
Cheating'a method gula? Udharon shoho bhujhaiye dao. Agey tho oi gula shikha dorkar.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 19, 2017, 06:29 PM
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: ATM - No One.
Posts: 5,002

Need to change the system. Stop choosing players hypothetically. Some players should never be in test side which affects their LOI game because of test format failures. Sarkar has forgot how to bat in LOI since starting test and failing to score big. Sabbir, Sarkar, Taskin, Nasir, even The Fizz,Should be kept only available for LOI, that’s it.
Where as for test certain players like Taijul, Mominul, Litton Das (for now), should be sticked to Test.

Do not play LOI players in test format, if they fail to perform it rubs on their LOI format game too. Some players are not able to multitask as well. Do not ruin a players confidence by playing them wrong formats. They will not admit it (human natural greed could play a part in it), as they would want to play in all format and talk about how test is pinnacle of the game and what not. But here teams interest should be put first priority.

These players have been given chances at test format but we all saw their mindset, temperament, towards the format isn’t just suited at all. So why keep playing them when it will affect their LOI confidence and performance?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 19, 2017, 08:44 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Two ways of going about it. Keep striving for mediocrity and do nothing. Being competitive in home is good enough for a side that was laughable in the in the 90s and 2000s.

OR,break up the core. Dare to be great. Dare to expect more. Sacrifice short term rewards of mediocrity for long term goals of being world champs.
replace the current players with whom? what's the guarantee these new "superstars" won't bundle out below 100 against mighty Sri Lanka at home come december .

we already saw glimpses of Nazmul Hossain shanto. my assessment of him is that he needs more time.when people like Nasir Hossain and Litton Das who score centuries for fun in all the Bangladeshi domestic cricket circuit you can name, but struggle in South Africa, it tells of a deeper problem...

replacing player X with player jobu modu kudu is not necessarily the answer. At the same time, I wonder for how much longer can fans, team management will persist with Sabbir, Soumya. maybe South africa is a "tough tour" excuse...but I don't necessarily see that as an excuse when many of "prime" Bangladeshi batsmen FAILED on FLAT tracks. (Tamim was kinda injured so i will pass on him) one can argue South African bowling lineup is superior at home but i refuse to buy that argument. This South African bowling lineup was lacking Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander. the only real threats were M. Morkel and Rabada...

Bangladesh really really screwed up this time. no other ways to put it. It is a collective failure. collective failure of everyone involved with Bangladesh cricket. BCB's failure to arrange A team/HP/development tours last couple of years while celebrating 2015/2016 success is hurting us now. Seeds you sow today, fruits you reap tomorrow...


Indian Domestic players average minimum 50. How many Bangladeshi domestic players average 50 in first class cricket? Barring Mosaddek Hossain? NONE. we simply are not good enough. period.

#TruthHurts

Last edited by Rifat; October 19, 2017 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 19, 2017, 09:01 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Need to change the system. Stop choosing players hypothetically. Some players should never be in test side which affects their LOI game because of test format failures. Sarkar has forgot how to bat in LOI since starting test and failing to score big. Sabbir, Sarkar, Taskin, Nasir, even The Fizz,Should be kept only available for LOI, that’s it.
Where as for test certain players like Taijul, Mominul, Litton Das (for now), should be sticked to Test.

Do not play LOI players in test format, if they fail to perform it rubs on their LOI format game too. Some players are not able to multitask as well. Do not ruin a players confidence by playing them wrong formats. They will not admit it (human natural greed could play a part in it), as they would want to play in all format and talk about how test is pinnacle of the game and what not. But here teams interest should be put first priority.

These players have been given chances at test format but we all saw their mindset, temperament, towards the format isn’t just suited at all. So why keep playing them when it will affect their LOI confidence and performance?
Who's temperament is no good for tests?

Tamim, he's good.
Imrul he's not bad temperament wise
Mominul great as far as temperament
Mushy great also with temperament
Liton has good temperament.
Shakib doesn't but he still performs, in saying that he has shown grit at times.
Sabbir's isn't great but I think can be worked with as he gets starts.

I think the bowlers need to be more patient, nothing wrong with bowling maidens or overs for just one or two, might be boring but it creates pressure. I think sometimes the bowlers in tests strive too much for wicket taking deliveries and because of that their line and length is affected because they are trying too hard.

Thing is you can't pick just on temperament or just on talent, needs to be a combination for that player to have any chance of success.

Not sure we've got anyone better...
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Imran 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket