facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 18, 2017, 04:29 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,616
Default Everyone needs to be punished!

Starting with the players to the coach, everyone needs to be punished for this tour. This isnt about losing, its about getting humiliated for the entire duration of this tour. How do you expect the board to land us more away tours when we come up these kinda performances? When you are getting less chance as a less popular team, you need to make the most of it to get attention.


When our players and coaches perform, they get heavily rewarded by the board and gov't. So why shouldn't they be punished when they do poorly? The players and the coaches shouldn't be granted a single day off until the SL series is over. They dont deserve any vacation. They should be in camp the day before BPL starts and then should be back to camp right after BPL ends. The coaches should be forced to be present in BD for the entire duration. Either do that or take your permanent leave!
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/

Last edited by Rinathq; October 18, 2017 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old October 19, 2017, 05:46 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Favorite Player: Abul
Posts: 3,338

Come BPL everything will be forgotten. Thats how these guys roll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 19, 2017, 06:22 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 11,662

It is not as if other south asian teams do really well in SA. The gap in skills between SA or India and us is just huge. If this was a tour to the west indies and this happened i would be more upset than i am. We are getting thrashed by a vastly superior side in all departments. In the 90s Pakistan and India used to experience the same.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 19, 2017, 07:00 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It is not as if other south asian teams do really well in SA. The gap in skills between SA or India and us is just huge. If this was a tour to the west indies and this happened i would be more upset than i am. We are getting thrashed by a vastly superior side in all departments. In the 90s Pakistan and India used to experience the same.
yeah SA may choke in ICC trophies but they are a beast in bilateral series, we are simply being outplayed by the much superior side.

saying this our bowling is in a awful state, this is what which is hurting me the most.
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 19, 2017, 09:18 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 23,614





Kaan mola + Thabra (aka Chor/Thapor)-er upor aar kono oshudh nai!
__________________
God bless Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 19, 2017, 09:24 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,164

And we will win the T20.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 19, 2017, 10:50 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 23,614

We all need and deserve some punishment, sometimes.
My wife is very strict and mean. When I am bad, she punishes, tortures me in our dungeon.
I will beg and do 'Hamaguri'...and get whipped.

I cannot share this pain and suffering with anyone, manoosh/Protibeshi hamakey niye hashbey, gossip korbey bole.
__________________
God bless Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 19, 2017, 11:11 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,649

Discipline, Dedication, Determination: the motto of my local cricket club whilst growing up, and playing age group cricket.

We had hard for balls manager; he always stressed on not being complacent after winning a game. If we did appear to have or display a hint of complacency, then after the match was over he would order us to run laps.

If we batted last, all eleven of us run with the pads on. If we bowled last, the poor wicket-keeper would have less laps, and we would have about say at least twice of that of the wicket-keeper.

One year in my penultimate year of Under-15 cricket, we went all the way to the national finals played at the world famous Bourda (my first ever visit to that ground, I was in awe of the billboards of Clive Lloyyd, Rohan Kanhai, Alvin Kallicharan). Long story short, we lost a match that was in our grasp at halftime.

Some very hard lessons need to be taught to this group of BD cricketers. The culture, perhaps need to change. Someone with a leader quality and protege (something that is lacking in BD cricket).
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 19, 2017, 03:02 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
We all need and deserve some punishment, sometimes.
My wife is very strict and mean. When I am bad, she punishes, tortures me in our dungeon.
I will beg and do 'Hamaguri'...and get whipped.
BK, let's keep it PG here. If you guys are into rough sex, this is not the place to share those intimate details....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 20, 2017, 01:46 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It is not as if other south asian teams do really well in SA. The gap in skills between SA or India and us is just huge. If this was a tour to the west indies and this happened i would be more upset than i am. We are getting thrashed by a vastly superior side in all departments. In the 90s Pakistan and India used to experience the same.
Bro, it wasnt about losing. I never expected BD to win ANY games in this tour. But the tour was less competitive then the 08 tour and thats not acceptable. SA had a better team and we were in a complete rebuilding phase. It maybe acceptable for you but actually going backwards 10 years later with so much experience, resources, facilities, investment... it is no where near acceptable for me. Our batsmen cant rotate strikes, Our bowlers cant bowl 2 good deliveries in a row, our coaching staff is sitting there enjoying this... if this doesnt ring the fire alarm then i dunno what does
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 20, 2017, 01:49 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Discipline, Dedication, Determination: the motto of my local cricket club whilst growing up, and playing age group cricket.

We had hard for balls manager; he always stressed on not being complacent after winning a game. If we did appear to have or display a hint of complacency, then after the match was over he would order us to run laps.

If we batted last, all eleven of us run with the pads on. If we bowled last, the poor wicket-keeper would have less laps, and we would have about say at least twice of that of the wicket-keeper.

One year in my penultimate year of Under-15 cricket, we went all the way to the national finals played at the world famous Bourda (my first ever visit to that ground, I was in awe of the billboards of Clive Lloyyd, Rohan Kanhai, Alvin Kallicharan). Long story short, we lost a match that was in our grasp at halftime.

Some very hard lessons need to be taught to this group of BD cricketers. The culture, perhaps need to change. Someone with a leader quality and protege (something that is lacking in BD cricket).
luckily I know exactly what u are saying... my current coach is West indian and thats exactly what he is like.. thats what Haturi was doing too until he started caring about the other crap....
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 20, 2017, 06:50 AM
rezwansyed's Avatar
rezwansyed rezwansyed is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI
Posts: 544

All weekend passes should be revoked for all the players, coaches and management staff. And also 50 push-ups and 10 miles of sprint for every player everyday...that's non-negotiable!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket