facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2017, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default ***Failure of Board of Directors (BCB)***

Tell me, why do they deserve to get re-elected as Board of Directors?

- Poor domestic structure (especially first class cricket)

- Lack of A team tours

- Lack of U-19 tours

based on performance of the cricket board, do they deserve to be re-elected?

Why?

Old October 22, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

They are busy with their own interest. Do they care about Bangladesh cricket?

or they are more worried about their prestige and getting paid holidays?

Are they qualified? do they have any administrative skills? who are they? What do they do?
Old October 22, 2017, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Please let us know. WHy they are re-electing themselves? on what basis?
Old October 22, 2017, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Based on their performance overall.

NONE of them deserve to be re-elected.

BUT! This is Bangladesh.

So all the moron and useless board of directors will be re-elected again.
Old October 22, 2017, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

One of the biggest reason for the slow Development of Bangladesh Cricket =

Incompetent idiots (board of directors) that are running our cricket.

SOME OF THEM ARE JUST THEIR FOR NO REASON.

AKRAM KHAN? SERIOUSLY? WHO STRUGGLED TO ARRANGE A TEAM TOURS? U-19 TOURS?

all the rest? man... we suck big time... they are so uneducated uncreative... really...

why do we not have any good leaders in our country? most of them are so corupt.
Old October 24, 2017, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Hmmmm.... one man rant.... and nobody bothered to respond?

How long this is goiing on?
Old October 24, 2017, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Hmmmm.... one man rant.... and nobody bothered to respond?

How long this is goiing on?
Probably most are used to this dirty politics in Bangladesh.

Hence, they believe nothing will change, it will just go on.

Like Sheikh Hasina, now Papon and his team of directors seem to be holding on to power..
Old October 24, 2017, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

We can seek the Ideal world as much as we want, but the reality is: papon is Hasina's most trusted man. As long as Hasina is there, no way Papon will be defeated, unless of-course Papon voluntarily decides to quit for even better role. But in that case, whoever comes he will be Papon's right hand man.
Old October 24, 2017, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
We can seek the Ideal world as much as we want, but the reality is: papon is Hasina's most trusted man. As long as Hasina is there, no way Papon will be defeated, unless of-course Papon voluntarily decides to quit for even better role. But in that case, whoever comes he will be Papon's right hand man.
Basically we are stuck with him or them.

That means - the interest of Bangladesh Cricket and the interest of Papon and Co is not the same, meaning to say they are likely to continue to misuse their power of authority and not care about Bangladesh Cricket Development. They are likely to take the political approach. This all will lead to the slow development of Bangladesh Cricket.

Now if you had someone who had genuine interest of improving Bangladesh Cricket, things would have been much better. The fundamental or the more serious issues would have been looked at. This won't happen soon, with Papon and his political team that aspire for their own benefit more than Bangladesh Cricket. Sad. Really.
Old October 24, 2017, 01:44 PM
Cricket Sage

If you ask me, the competency of papon as successful administrator is not the question. he has a MBA from reputable institute IBA. Also he is running Beximco Pharmaceutical for a long time as MD/CIO. Multiple people who worked under him, really praised about his leadership. he is relatively approachable.

Over the years under his leadership actually BCB is in good shape financially. The problem we see in BCB is not necessarily him, but other executives. BCB is full of incompetent people. Personally he is financially secured as he is still MD/CIO of beximco Pharmaceutical and his wife is also very high official in Beximco.

No doubt he will play hard nose politics to secure his power. Lets just hope his personal interest from BCB (what ever it is) and our National cricket interest doesn't collide.

But don't think its an easy job running BCB with full of self serving and incompetent people. And I dont think "someone who had genuine interest of improving Bangladesh Cricket" is enough to run a organization like BCB... you also need competent, screwed and powerful ( backing from the government) to run BCB in right direction.

btw Papon may not running the way we want him to run BCB, I have no doubt in my mind that he is a well wisher of Bangladesh cricket i.e. loves cricket.
Old October 24, 2017, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If you ask me, the competency of papon as successful administrator is not the question. he has a MBA from reputable institute IBA. Also he is running Beximco Pharmaceutical for a long time as MD/CIO. Multiple people who worked under him, really praised about his leadership. he is relatively approachable.

Over the years under his leadership actually BCB is in good shape financially. The problem we see in BCB is not necessarily him, but other executives. BCB is full of incompetent people. Personally he is financially secured as he is still MD/CIO of beximco Pharmaceutical and his wife is also very high official in Beximco.

No doubt he will play hard nose politics to secure his power. Lets just hope his personal interest from BCB (what ever it is) and our National cricket interest doesn't collide.

But don't think its an easy job running BCB with full of self serving and incompetent people. And I dont think "someone who had genuine interest of improving Bangladesh Cricket" is enough to run a organization like BCB... you also need competent, screwed and powerful ( backing from the government) to run BCB in right direction.

btw Papon may not running the way we want him to run BCB, I have no doubt in my mind that he is a well wisher of Bangladesh cricket i.e. loves cricket.
Agree with most. But a strong leader makes a big difference.
Papon is like any other politician, keeps all sides happy.. those who back him.

He knows there are lot of directors that are incompetent. But he keeps them.
Why? to keep them from supporting him? where is the national interest here?
Old October 24, 2017, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Agree with most. But a strong leader makes a big difference.
Papon is like any other politician, keeps all sides happy.. those who back him.

He knows there are lot of directors that are incompetent. But he keeps them
True. Most likely he keeps them because (to him) they are loyal to him.

iIts not only politicians, even here in corporate world or even Federal (Government) World, when a big boss comes, he bring some of his own people that he can trust in key roles and as "his eyes" to the organization. They do this to make sure they have full control in the organization. The difference may be here, they try to bring more competent people versus in BCB Papon is keeping incompetent people.

Threat from Saber is not helping either Papon nor BCB; I can wright it down, there is no chance Saber will be BCB chairman under this government. Now papon is more worried about keeping more loyal people compromising competency. In a fight between Saber and Papon.... we (the fans) and bangladesh cricket will be the loser.
Old October 24, 2017, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
True. Most likely he keeps them because (to him) they are loyal to him.

iIts not only politicians, even here in corporate world or even Federal (Government) World, when a big boss comes, he bring some of his own people that he can trust in key roles and as "his eyes" to the organization. They do this to make sure they have full control in the organization.
I am sure those organisations don't have directors as incompetent as some BCB Directors?

Are you sure those organisations have people like Akram Khan? I mean in corporate world, directors are assessed based on performance metrics etc, Akram Khan would fail most of them. Some of the BCB Directors incompetency is of different level.

But I think because it's Bangladesh, and because it's Papon (Via Hasina) he can do whatever he likes.
Old October 24, 2017, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I am sure those organisations don't have directors as incompetent as some BCB Directors?

Are you sure those organisations have people like Akram Khan? I mean in corporate world, directors are assessed based on performance metrics etc, Akram Khan would fail most of them. Some of the BCB Directors incompetency is of different level.

Yes you are right, "The difference may be here, they try to bring more competent people versus in BCB Papon is keeping incompetent people." . I think I modified/added that comment after you read my comment.
Old October 24, 2017, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes you are right, "The difference may be here, they try to bring more competent people versus in BCB Papon is keeping incompetent people." . I think I modified/added that comment after you read my comment.
Like you said, Bangladesh Cricket loses out. And we fan's.
Sad, really.

Thinking how far we could have reached, had we good people running our cricket.