facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2017, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Well I dont agree with that short term vision. Our players have a severely underutilized schedule (excluding Shakib) and therefore they should be playing more games whether it is domestics, A tours or international fixture. Our team lacks consistency and lack of application which can only be solved with game practice. You could hit the nets 24/7 and it wont teach you how to react in certain situations or apply their technique in real game situation. When I talked with Isam, he said gone are the days when the training camp was very crucial. He said and i agree that our domestic cricket is a lot more competitive and the old ways of discarding it has been a mistake

Old November 2, 2017, 01:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ You're not getting the point - ultimately it's BCB's responsibility to utilize the coach, create domestic leagues that will benefit the players. They're content with a league that not helping players to improve beyond a certain point. They are happy as long the coach is there to prepare the team before start of a series.

Hathuru can do more, present them a better vision. But, ultimately, his bosses don't care for a vision, they only care when a big event comes around. They cared only for short term results, and Hathuru produced better than expected results being a seasonal coach.

Read how frustrating it was for McInnes when he tried to go above and beyond his duties, implement a long term plan - http://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-267065
This is exactly the issue.

The BCB is overly focused on BPL and the DPL franchise bosses dictate terms as well. BCB is only after superficial gloss.

There was no A team cricket for 2 years, and even before that all we did was play ZIM's A team. When was the last time we played England A or toured NZ for an A team series? But the national team was doing well, beating Pak-India-SA, winning Tests here and there so all is good. Except all was not good. There was no skeleton to support that and its all come falling down.

U-19s have also been sitting around doing nothing until right before the WC.

There is no quick solution and there is no easy solution either. In fact, we may never find the solution at all.

There is just no planning capability beyond the here and now. Myopia to the max.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 2, 2017, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
. When I talked with Isam, he said gone are the days when the training camp was very crucial. He said and i agree that our domestic cricket is a lot more competitive and the old ways of discarding it has been a mistake
Good to know that. Atleast there is one very good positive out of all those negatives that are slowly leaking.

Now as a next step BCB should give more value to local league performance while selecting players. The fans will eventually agree and national players will give more importance to their local league performance. That will have another positive ripple effect in the quality of local league. Now transparency will be more visible while selecting a player.

Ekhon selector-ra aar BCB executives raa shob aaap jhap buzai dey keno ekta player-ke select kora hoilo aar keno arekta player-ke select kora hoill na.