facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 24, 2017, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

-----------------
cont of my easrlier life advice: (if daddy not rich)

During my residency my average yearly salary was ~65K equating to around 1650 to 1700 biweekly paycheck. I deferred max (16k to 17.5k) to 403b (i was the only one doing it in my class - ppl didn't even know it was possible to do it) and saw a paycheck of ~1250 biweekly - you know what that did to my standard of living? absolutely NADA.

i still spent money on beer, dinner (some were free courtesy of drug compnaies :p), travelling. Some of the other guys were desperate for money the end day of graduation and I still had savings...and I dont' think I am one of those penny pinching chep a$$ guys either...

this was the key.. they lived in Manhattan with rent north of 2000 monthly for a room. I took the train a bit further and paid 1000 for one full bedroom. didnt have a car. no other expense really .. and home cooked food cost is pretty cheap.

Not getting married will help you to live in the shittiest (but cheapest) possible neighborhood or your mom's basement...if you can minimize/eliminate your housing cost at 20s - you are GOLD!!

So anyone who says they don't make enough to save.. I can proof them wrong that they can.

instead most 20 year old gets a brand new BMW the moment they get their first job...sad. just 10 years of quality savings at 20s is gonna make a significant difference in future.

Old September 25, 2017, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

iDumb bro.. my call wasn't just due to apple. Market has not been tradable for a while. and yes if you bought and held, you'd be laughing now. But few could predict market would react the way it did after Trump won the election.

My call is based on charting.. though seems against the trend.. I see a topping here at the STOCKs. But hey.. I could be wrong and loose a lot. But Risk Ratio favors selling..
https://www.tradingview.com/x/304lduy4/
Old September 25, 2017, 11:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Here's the chart for QQQ - Powershares mainly Tech stock..

Old October 5, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

For the young guns ..this is a nice calculator .

https://dqydj.com/sp-500-dividend-re...nt-calculator/

Most my age started jobs in 2007 to 2009 around that time ...

Let's say you got your job at age 22 ... and if you ignored everyone and contributed max to your 401k. .. and with ~3k of yearly company match .. at the age of just 30 ...

You would have close to 400k USD right now . Anybody making 50k plus yearly salary could have achieved this without a sweat or barely taking any risks

INVEST TODAY! Secure future . This heads up gonna make a huge impact over long term ...

Forget about the ones smart enough to go individual stocks outside of their regular contributions ...
Old October 10, 2017, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I was browing through previous post to give an update on Mastercard that I bought for my kid. It has gone up >100% since then. While looking for that post, i found one of my generic post of mine where i shared how I like companies ....

I been touting these companies for years even before this post here

this is the performance of the said stocks during that time period.. all placed.

Netflix 285%
music/phone: apple 94%
technology/search: google 83%
social: facebook 258%
surgical technology: intuitive surgical 182%
electric car: tesla 159%
brick mortar technology shopping : best buy 40%
coffee: starbucks 38%

Compared to broader market of
sp : 41%
dow : 42%
nasdaq: 62%
JCP - 56% (minus 56 that is)[/COLOR] - i was clearly negative on this in post around it. Motto was not to buy trash but the best.

And who is it that said you can't beat the market??? Not only can you beat it.. you can CRUSH IT!

Sorry had to give an update.

following post was in 11/20/2013.
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...&postcount=226

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
no forex here. i stay to my comfort zone. dont understand too much of forex, commodities trade.

what stocks have u been eyeing gman if u trade them? what u by profession?

since this can and should be an educational thread and i have time, i will babble a little...

jcp is a tough call, my motto is always to get the best company in a sector despite market noise, historically that has worked out very well again and again.... i been following market over 15 years now. this is my secret actually, very simple, i will always back up the best company..

for example, i would pick a sector and try to get the best/brand in that sector... and factor in social, technological and mass psyche to hazard how optimistic i will be about a stock. human nature by default is slow to adapt to changes and this is the reason i think well known, established companies give you a lot of opportunities... u dont necessariky have to find that unknown hidden gem.....

coming back to retail (forget about division within for a sec, if u think overall which company would trump everyone else).... maybe walmart, costco, but how is our shopping changing...more reliant on online, so who is the best in online retail...answer is amazon.com, now with this type of change in shopping habits who else to benefit, credit card companies, who is the best, master card, what is my risk... bitcoin (so u would keep some eye on it, ignore it most of the time, remember human are very slow to adapt but if a product is right ultimately with time it will take over..who else, carrier, who is the best, fed ex.. who is the worst united postal..)

this is how i usually follow, pick my stocks...naming the best companies..

entertainment/movies : netflix
music/phone: apple
technology/search: google
social: facebook
surgical technology: intuitive surgical
electric car: tesla
brick mortar technology shopping : best buy
coffee: starbucks

and it goes on and on...... none of these companies have any real competition in their field.... so when these companies gets dragged down by some outside noise... ie mortgage crisis, recession, election, debt ceiling, its time to jump in.

thats why i will always doubt jcp, its not really the best in its sector....

i have a mock portfolio: since late 2009, sp is up~ 100 percent, my mock in that time frame > 300 percent... has 15 or so stocks in it (all the above mentined stocks part of that except tesla) and its rock solid in terms of diversification. these picks just solidifies my judgement.

but when putting money in i have same problem as the next door teenager, not enough money, and big dreams, so i play aggressive 1 stock, try to minimize cost and go all in.. and attempt to time market... and fail numerous times too...

------------------------------------
regarding, quantitative easing, i think federal reserve should start tapering now, i think market is at a point where it can take some hit.....

Last edited by iDumb; October 30, 2017 at 09:03 AM..
Old October 30, 2017, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I been hearing this for last 5 years. Aapl is not a stock that will crash. Iphone 8 sluggish sales may cause a little bit of down days but sales data of X will make up for it later... Out of most tech stocks, Apple is the suprisingly the least expensive - it's ridiculous..

There is no data currently to suggest a crash is imminant.
a month and a half later..apple is at all time high.. nasddaq is at higher levels...

in accordance to prev posts.. further solidyfying picks.. time after time..

amzn up 13% after earnings
JCP down ~13% after earnings...

the direction persists... coincidence or a stock market genius you have at banglacricket? :p
Old November 3, 2017, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

apple is crushing it! post earnings and post iphone x release.

I don't know how any of you guys think when you wrote apple gonna crash. never bet against a quality company that has a captivating and cult like following fan base.
Old November 17, 2017, 11:11 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Tesla into the truck market with the new Electric Semi Truck model. Already getting buy orders from biggies like Walmart. Elon never stops.