facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2005, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Some of you are unreasonably praising Javed for attaining our team total of 208. Mind you, it was Khaled Mashud's 43 ball 42 that got us that total. It was Pilot who played the innings that was demanded at the situation.Though not entirely his own fault, some of the dismissals had javed's hand indirectly. Some one who has survived the intial overs, got his eys in, got a fifty, should be taking singles and two's at ease. Not many teams get 4's and 6's in the middle overs against defensive field and slow bowlers. You have to change your game in the middle to cope with that difficult period. If someone just holds on to one end ( that doesn't mean not scoring at all ) and don't rotate ( as he is guilty of doing that ), they pressure will fall on the other batsman to take the initiative to up the run rate. Consequently, the other batsman, will take unnecessary risks ( like Aftab comingdown the wkt ) to break the shackles. Aftab at least has the right intention. I question Javed's intention here. he can be forgiven for not having the ability to find the gaps, but, he must show his intention at least to do so. Never ever did I see him after 40 th over to at least go for some boundaries as needed, whereas, pilot, a much lesser batsman supposedly, who faced a lot less balls, scored half of Javed's run in one fourth the amount of balls than Javed's. If you are happy with his performance, so be it, but also be sure that such an innings can never build a reasonable team total. The negatives far out weighs the positives here. I would have been happier with a 240+ total in 45 overs! not 208 playing all 50....

Old June 27, 2005, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Bashar on his old buddy, Javed

"If someone is asked to keep one end up that does not necessarily mean it has to be done just to serve that purpose only. It is always good to push a single here and there and once you are doing that it releases pressure on the other batsman on the other side," remarked the Bangladesh captain.

DS Report
Old June 27, 2005, 01:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
"If someone is asked to keep one end up that does not necessarily mean it has to be done just to serve that purpose only. It is always good to push a single here and there and once you are doing that it releases pressure on the other batsman on the other side," remarked the Bangladesh captain.

DS Report
there you go. Straight from the horse's mouth. I don't know about y'all, but I think habibul knows a little bit more about cricket than we do. If the captain of the team says that javed's batting puts other batsmen at difficult situation, I have no reason to doubt him.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Well..there you go. you don't have to be a cricket pundit to see that glaring fault.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

the comments from Bashar are refreshingly forthright instead of his usual BS about playing better next time.

Hey I don't disagree about JO needing to learn to rotate the strike better, Definitely would have been nice. I think the shock of the collapse the day before may have prompted extra-defensive blocking by JO and comments from me that he alone was not to blame.

ps Fahmida, I think you were over-reacting to my comments but if they were hurtful I'm sorry.
Old June 28, 2005, 02:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I think the shock of the collapse the day before may have prompted extra-defensive blocking by JO
JO has been playing like that all throught his life.........that's the only way he knows to bat.
Old June 28, 2005, 03:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus

For those who are against JO and how he batted, i think you all need to learn how cricket is played. Its not played by typing words or through discussions, its played out in the middle and a lot of theories that we can perfect out here doesn't neccessarily apply out there!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Take a bow! the master is here!

Seriously, did you watch the game? Look, 81 out of a total of 208 sounds really good on paper and if you just look at the score card at the end of the day. But you really have watch the proceedings live to understand the detrimental effect of painstakingly slow batting of JO.

By the way, if you think we are the only Golla Bashers here and terming us cricket illiterates, you should have listened to what Botham, Gower was commenting about JO.

I think they know a little bit more about cricket than you.
Old June 29, 2005, 07:20 AM
Street Cricketer

We can try Nafis Iqbal instead of Javed and let him know that ODI is played in a different manner than Test Cricket.

These day even test batsman plays more attackingly than Javed does in his ODIs.

Just because we don't have good openers we are letting him stay in the odi team.
Old June 29, 2005, 08:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল
Default Why cant javed omar play like this in the tests?

Quote:
Originally posted by wasim_admirer
We can try Nafis Iqbal instead of Javed and let him know that ODI is played in a different manner than Test Cricket.

These day even test batsman plays more attackingly than Javed does in his ODIs.

Just because we don't have good openers we are letting him stay in the odi team.
You got the fact right!
Old June 29, 2005, 09:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Quote:
As for Bangladesh not playing at this level, of course they shouldn't!
I don't like your tone. You should be banned for saying this, especially for being a Bangladeshi.
reminds me of Ashoka DeSilva
Old June 29, 2005, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
[Rafiq bhai, how are the rest of the batsmen supposed to do that if they take a single of the first ball and then Javed plays out five dots? It was ridiculous batting at best.

I think we need a Javed in the top order, but he really needs to learn to take singles. In one day cricket, you just cant waste over after over after over just blocking everything out just so that we can play 50 overs. Its negative cricket and has never helped any team! I would much rather that Bangladesh would push for 240 and give itself a chance, rather than this awfully boring 208, which will never be enough!

In short, Golla should have taken 20 more singles over the course of his innings atleast, which would have given him a deserved 100, give the other batsmen more of the strike and add another 40-45 runs to the team total, which would have made the match competitive, even though the result would probably be the same. 81 off a 150 balls when you opened and played out the overs with the fielding restrictions and then most of the slog overs as well is unacceptable!
Sham has made some really good points here and I think the captain, commies all felt the same way, although many in this thread suprisingly felt otherwise. I watched the other day against England when they scored 391, JO giving away 3-4 dot balls then took a single. Ash after painfully watching 4 balls wasted, slogged almost every balls he could face to keep up. As if he was playing for both players and trying extra hard to make up for 2.

If JO could have managed 3 singles or 2 doubles, his partner could have played less risky shots. Bashar rightfully said JO's approach created extra pressure on his partner. This is very true, JO's partner knows he has to play extra hard with extra pressure to make up for JO's 4/5 dot balls per over. This forces unwanted mistakes leading fall of precious wkts. I have seen his partners even running some very risky singles, just to get a strike.

In my opinion JO is just not great of a batsman who can actually fulfil our expectation. Taking a single no matter how easy it seem to us, might as well be extremely difficult for him. This unfortunately dont make him a complete ODI batsmen. And I also DONT think he is capable enough to change his quality or approach overnight. He is however doing much better than others in the first 15 overs saving wickets, so after that if he cant get out of his shell, he might as well come back either throwing away his wicket or pretending that he is retired hurt or something

Edited on, June 29, 2005, 5:53 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old June 30, 2005, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

So, the whole team decided today to justify Javed's last innings, what a team spirit!!!

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 11:33 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 30, 2005, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

It seems, JO was not the reason for the out of other batsmen in last Enagland match!!
Old June 30, 2005, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

He likes to do that . Facing 10 balls for nothing . Bashar already made it up though .
Old June 30, 2005, 07:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Our main target is to play 50 overs and score 200+ in every ODIs. If you guys have a better player than Golla to do that then please advise.
Old June 30, 2005, 07:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Title of this thread should have been
"Javed Again Saving Our Batman"

rather than "javed again eating up deliveries"
Old June 30, 2005, 08:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Now all JO supporters,

What do you have to say after tonights match? He was out for a duck and the team still batted 50 overs.
Old June 30, 2005, 08:12 AM
Club Cricketer

TeamManager, what do you have to say about Ashraful getting out in first ball twice and than 4th ball today's game? That doesn't mean drop him, does it?
Old June 30, 2005, 08:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by milton_eng
TeamManager, what do you have to say about Ashraful getting out in first ball twice and than 4th ball today's game? That doesn't mean drop him, does it?
Dear Milton, I have to really question your understanding of the game!
Old June 30, 2005, 08:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Bhai I am not an expert in any way. I am just expressing my views