facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 21, 2017, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Our T20I batting stats for last three years: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Tamim, Soumya, Sabbir, Shakib, Riyad, and Fizz are pretty much default choices.
true, these are the best we have.

Still early days in the tournament but so far
the players I want to see in national team are
Gazi,Ariful,Bijoy,Hider,

players I dont want to see are
Liton,NAsir,Taskin,Mosaddek,Shafiul,Mushfiqur

I don't know about Imrul but I think in our condition he can be decent.

EDIT: totally forgot about Abul, he has been very consistent and clever bowler and his batting is a big plus.

Old November 21, 2017, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
So with BD team in Mind, it is Abu Jayed. Thanks. Line-Length're bari diye shuwaiye felbey series after series on T20 pitches.
At his pace, I doubt his swing bowling will be threatening in international cricket. I think irregular pace of Mirpur making some of those medium pacers look better than they are.

I will still take AH Rony, he has natural left arm pacer away/angle-in movement, plus pretty intelligent with line-length-pace variations. He is few yards faster than likes of Jayed and Abul too.

I would still hold on to Rubel. He is still pretty much the only BD pacer with both pace and skills to swing the ball at death, to keep the top quality batsmen at bay with yorker length deliveries.
Old November 21, 2017, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Don't agree about Tamim. His T20 record is one of the best among our batsman in the past couple years.

This would be my choice.

Tamim
Soumya
Anamul (wk)
Shakib (c)
Riyad
Sabbir
Ariful
Saifuddin
Miraz
Abu Haider
Mustafizur

thats a great team. hope our selectors keep BPL in mind. i would add abu zayed, abul hasan, sohag gazi, Imrul kayes (if he plays like BPL) in the mix too. i would like to see riad as t20 aptain
Old November 21, 2017, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Shakib-among the highest wicket takers
Mushy- bad tournament but starting to do well. Good with gloves better than Litton so far(and I am a fan of Litton's keeping)
Tamim has played only 2 matches. Didn't do well but understandable
Riad- brilliant with the bat. Futile to even argue
Imrul- 2nd highest run scorer so...

Okay let's look at the batsmen
Sabbir- failed initially but took off recently
Soumya- utter garbage. His SR in BPL is below 100 and the worst part is he has a SR of less than 100 despite batting for quite some time.
Litton lol
Mosaddek- absolute rubbish with bat
Miraz - poor with bat
Shanto- woeful. Just woeful

So I don't see where you found that our seniors are being outshined

Even in last BPL riad mushy Tamim were brilliant, Shakib did okay.

The reality is even in international cricket our seniors have carried the weight of the team. Riad failed in tests and he was dropped. Mushy too will be dropped in T20Is

Mash should retire after next world Cup.

I believe seniors are doing well. And there are potentials among youths but they got to show it first. I believe in performance in front of me. And yes I follow BPL quite religiously. I have watched almost every ball and I can tell you the seniors have been better than we think

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Sakib is in different category in general . We have Sakib and then you have the rest. But still why ignore his batting? What he have done with is batting so far? Most of his success came as bowler in BPL

Imrul: yes he is doing great. That surprised me. In BPL: Positive his average, negative his SR (114)

Tamim: So far nothing special. he didn't played all the games, fair enough, give him incomplete. But dont say he did great yet. In BPL so far: Average 14, SR=113. Both pretty bad.

Mushfiq: nothing eye catching innings yet. last one was good, that's it. In BPL: Average 24, SR 131 (good).

Riyad: Again he had some supporting innings. Not bad.... not a single great innings yet. In BPL: 37, SR 125. Both decent. But need some match winning innings.

Mashrafee: usually he is non factor with the bat. In BPL: Average 12, SR 133. Need to score more.

Compared to that we have seen quite a number of great innings from several young players, that include:

- Sabbir (22, 124), Zakir (43, 170), Ariful (42, 161), Mithun( 27.5, 117) Mominul (26.8, 117), Anamul (33, 123), Saifuddin (21, 150) etc

and some decent performance from SS (21.4 113), Nasir (44, 108), Johirul (23, 122), Litton (16.5, 125), Alok (26, 136) and others.

Under 19 players just joined. You may see more performance from young (if they get chance).

Even your lol Litton and Nurul played some meaningful innings at the early stage...

Only Mossadek and Shanto is not clicking.

Young players have got few MoMs. How many of our senior players got MoMs?

Of-course some senior players will/need to stay. But we need some new blood for this anemic team. And yes no more free ride for purely being a senior player. Actually Imrul made a case for himself than any other senior player not named Sakib. How about that?

btw good that Mashrafee retired with his head high from T02, because he cannot be our future... not even short term future. I am surprised he is not injured yet.

Last edited by Fazal; November 21, 2017 at 02:33 PM..
Old November 21, 2017, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Mithun + Jahurul have been the best glovemen of the local players in this BPL.
Old November 21, 2017, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

With Abu Jayed, you will notice he seldom gets batsmen bowled, caught behind, or LBW which you would expect from a good swing bowler (a la Hasan Ali). More often than not, he gets wicket because batsmen mistime him. On a true flat track, don't think his tricks will work.
Old November 21, 2017, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Sakib is in different category in general . We have Sakib and then you have the rest. But still why ignore his batting? What he have done with is batting so far? Most of his success came as bowler in BPL

Imrul: yes he is doing great. That surprised me.

Tamim: So far nothing special. he didn't played all the games, fair enough, give him incomplete. But dont say he did great yet.

Mushfiq: nothing eye catching innings yet. last one was good, that's it.

Riyad: Again he had some supporting innings. Not bad.... not a single great innings yet.

Mashrafee: usually he is non factor with the bat.

Compared to that we have seen quite a number of great innings from several young players, that include:

- Sabbir, Zakir, Ariful, Mominul, Anamul, etc

and some decent performance from SS, Nasir, Mithun, Saifudding and other.

Under 19 players just joined. You may see more performance from young (if they get chance).

Even your lol Litton and Nurul played some meaningful innings at the early stage...

Only Mossadek and Shanto is not clicking.

Young players have got few MoMs. How many of our senior players got MoMs?

Of-course some senior players will/need to stay. But we need some new blood for this anemic team. And yes no more free ride for purely being a senior player. Actually Imrul made a case for himself than any other senior player not named Sakib. How about that?

btw good that Mashrafee retired with his head high from T02, because he cannot be our future... not even short term future. I am surprised he is not injured yet.
I believe this league is more for our juniors than anything

I wished to see more application from mini Nasir etc

Yes I have high standards but in international cricket you need experience and skill. Our seniors have that skill and experience.

There should be a mix of seniority and some quality inform youths like Ariful and Saifuddin. That's how you build a team. Check the team I made above and you will see how it matches that of everyone else.

When selectors are to pick a group of players it's not based solely on skillset alone

There is past record, experience form too.

Let for example say Tamim vs MHRam(someone new) now Tamim scores 25 on average in a tournament. Even if Mhram scores at an average of 30 with similar SR management will still go with Tamim because he is a proven performer and also has the maturity. If Mhram scores at an average of 35 then will management consider it

Ariful has outshined our seniors, that's fact. But not Nasir Mini Litton Nurul Soumya

Yes Zakir and Sabbir did well lately.

Old November 21, 2017, 02:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I believe this league is more for our juniors than anything
I think that's the problem. It should be for both, you cannot have different set of rules for different players.... that's recipe for failure.

Quote:

Yes I have high standards but in international cricket you need experience and skill. Our seniors have that skill and experience.
You may have high standard that you claim, that should not only be applied for only young players, that should be applied for all players. Based on your previous comment it looks like the opposite, you have pretty low standard for the senior players... pretty much happy with their performance.

Experience and skill doesn't grow in trees. You have to give young talent chance to gain experience and grow specially when senior fails and there is room for new blood. I have already given their ODI stat, some young players with limited experience is doing pretty well compared to some old experienced players.

Quote:
There should be a mix of seniority and some quality inform youths like Ariful and Saifuddin. That's how you build a team. Check the team I made above and you will see how it matches that of everyone else.
yes there should be some combination of young and old performing players to make a balanced team. Nobody is saying to drop all the senior players.

Quote:

When selectors are to pick a group of players it's not based solely on skillset alone
There is past record, experience form too.

Let for example say Tamim vs MHRam(someone new) now Tamim scores 25 on average in a tournament. Even if Mhram scores at an average of 30 with similar SR management will still go with Tamim because he is a proven performer and also has the maturity. If Mhram scores at an average of 35 then will management consider it

Ariful has outshined our seniors, that's fact. But not Nasir Mini Litton Nurul Soumya

Yes Zakir and Sabbir did well lately.

I disagree, a player with experience should be purely selected on current performance and current form. A new talent should also be based on current performance and maturity and if there is a team weakness that he can eventually solve. And we have full of weakness in lot of slots in the team.

SS is already in the team, if you need to drop a player you need to bring a better one not another repeated tried and failed player. SS's average is better than some of the senior players in the team. How can you justify droping him and not some other senior players? Just look at their career stat. Your logic doesn't make sense about SS.

And yes BCB should least include Ariful in the national team of 14 as a recognition. he baked up his case so far with poise and performance. Unlike so many other players, he know how to build and finish an innings.