facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2017, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Wtv happened to Abu Haider Roni? How has he done so far? His bowling looked lethal during one of the bpl season, out of the picture now?
No, Rony is very much in the spotlight right now. He is the top wicket taker in DPL this year, has become the leader of the pacer pack in Academy/A-team, and is currently in competition with Abu Jayed for the top wicket taker spot in BPL.

Old April 11, 2018, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

তাসকিন ফর্মে ফিরতে ‘রিকশাওয়ালার’ পরামর্শও নিচ্ছেন!

ওই সংবাদমাধ্যমে দেয়া সাক্ষাৎকারে তাসকিন বলেন, ‘অফ ফর্মের কারণে অনেক সময় অনেকের প্রশ্নের সম্মুখীন হতে হয়। কেন খারাপ খেলছ? দেখা যায় রিকশাওয়ালাও টিপস দেয়। বলে, ভাই শর্ট বলটা কম করলে পারেন না? এই জায়গাটায় স্লোয়ার মারলে পারেন না? সবাই এখন উপদেশ দেয়! আমি কী এতই খারাপ হয়ে গেলাম?’

Source: link

Translation (sort of):

Taskin said in an interview that "Many times I have to face questions because of my off form. "Why are you playing bad".
See even rickshaw wala (rickshaw puller) gives me tips. Say, "brother can you do (bowl) short ball less? Instead sometimes can you bowl slower?"
Everyone gives me advise now a days! I have become so bad?
Old April 11, 2018, 03:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

HHS, team harey tomar jonno. Tumi bhujo na tumi koto kharap ball kortaso? Gaeyer jora Jodi ball koray wicket paowa jeto tailey shob weight lifter'er fast bowler hoito. Brain'er bodoley mathai ki asey kay janey.
Old April 11, 2018, 04:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
তাসকিন ফর্মে ফিরতে ‘রিকশাওয়ালার’ পরামর্শও নিচ্ছেন!

ওই সংবাদমাধ্যমে দেয়া সাক্ষাৎকারে তাসকিন বলেন, ‘অফ ফর্মের কারণে অনেক সময় অনেকের প্রশ্নের সম্মুখীন হতে হয়। কেন খারাপ খেলছ? দেখা যায় রিকশাওয়ালাও টিপস দেয়। বলে, ভাই শর্ট বলটা কম করলে পারেন না? এই জায়গাটায় স্লোয়ার মারলে পারেন না? সবাই এখন উপদেশ দেয়! আমি কী এতই খারাপ হয়ে গেলাম?’

Source: link

Translation (sort of):

Taskin said in an interview that "Many times I have to face questions because of my off form. "Why are you playing bad".
See even rickshaw wala (rickshaw puller) gives me tips. Say, "brother can you do (bowl) short ball less? Instead sometimes can you bowl slower?"
Everyone gives me advise now a days! I have become so bad?
A perfect example of a common product of our garbage filled social dogma, this Taskin is!
You can not accept a constructive criticism from your fellow man, a fan, a man that takes the time to watch your game - because he is a rickshaw puller???
(the guy, the rickshaw-wala is addressing him as bhai, with respect and affection, then only humbly suggesting not to bowl short, but to bowl slow, to see if that improves the chance of getting wickets)
-First underlined:...because he is a rickshaw-wala: How do we read into this??? It simply suggests that's what he means.
-Second underlined: ...humbly: Again the wording of the conversation clearly suggests that.

Here in BC, I once said a thing or two about some specific taxi-driver, about a specific incident a few months ago, not because he was a taxi driver - but because he was getting into my personal business and in the process on my last nerve - why I don't have children - if I or my wife have reproductive complications or she has trouble conceiving, if I own my home or rent, things like that - a complete total stranger!
My uncle drove taxis in NYC. Some of my uncles still do here in the city and in London!
I worked and cleaned bathroom at a Burger King in Georgia, made pizza sauce and delivered at 4 in the morning, gathered hundreds of shopping carts on melting asphalt parking lots of Wal-Mart in the boiling heat - burning summer of Georgia, so??? If I speak to and suggest a bowler/an athlete that I admire to bowl slightly differently, He should look down on me?? Like who are you little bathroom cleaner come here and tell (teach) me how to bowl?!!!
it's not 'advice', you bloody fool - it's simply a gentle suggestion...why? Because I, we and that Rickshaw-wala care for your game and want you to succeed and excel, may it be for our own selfish reason/satisfaction - for our beloved 'team' to win!

Why we, Bangladeshis cannot improve upon ourselves as a whole, collectively? Because of our extremely 'poor' biased, racist, sexist, prejudice-filled, narrow and class conscious mind! It makes us extremely insecure as a people - collectively as well as individually, and we will forever seek approval, reassurance from 'others', neighbors, often people of other nations to see if they approve of who we are or what we are doing as a capable (or incapable in Taskin's case) human being! Our sick class conscious mind had been making and keeping us in an empty, hollow vessel for hundreds of years! This is what lets colonial outsiders/occupiers to come and take our souls away and lock us in our own prison cells. We end up being nothing but morally poor, insecure, zero self-esteem mammals that just breathe, eat and defecate!

I am probably over-reacting...but I will still say, how Pathetic you are, Taskin or whatever!

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 12, 2018 at 07:12 AM..
Old April 11, 2018, 04:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

The difference between taskin and that rickshaw puller is that he gets it and taskin still doesn't. Taskin may have good physique but he just isn't too bright.
Old April 11, 2018, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I've jumped off the Taskin bandwagon. He doesn't even have his old pace (not that he was ever express, but he was quick as a teenager, but just couldn't develop his pace). But he didn't develop his skills. Its a pitty because he had a terrific strong action, and could jag the ball into right handers and get a bit a extra bounce.

Its time to give Abu Hider, Yasin Arafat Mishu, Ebadat, and others a chance to support Mustafiz and Rubel in Tests and ODIs, respectively.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 11, 2018, 06:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Abu Hider I still have a lot of hope for. He needs a lot more consistency, discipline and a lot more competitive cricket.
Old April 11, 2018, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Dumbass retards make it into the side. This is why I have been pushing for a reading writing test for all international cricketers that need to be passed
Old April 11, 2018, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks your existence taskin ahmed, If I ever have kids, I'll be able to use you as an example and tell them not to be like you.
Old April 11, 2018, 10:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
The difference between taskin and that rickshaw puller is that he gets it and taskin still doesn't. Taskin may have good physique but he just isn't too bright.
I think it goes beyond just intelligence. Any decent person in Taskin’s position would say to himself "this guy is pulling a rickshaw under sweltering heat. He breaks his back every day to make ends meet and, yet he still has the passion and interest to follow cricket and my bowling and is caring enough to suggest how to improve."

This story should have inspired Taskin more than anything else and yet here we are
Old April 11, 2018, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I've jumped off the Taskin bandwagon. He doesn't even have his old pace (not that he was ever express, but he was quick as a teenager, but just couldn't develop his pace). But he didn't develop his skills. Its a pitty because he had a terrific strong action, and could jag the ball into right handers and get a bit a extra bounce.

Its time to give Abu Hider, Yasin Arafat Mishu, Ebadat, and others a chance to support Mustafiz and Rubel in Tests and ODIs, respectively.
Probably too early for yeasin, also the 16yr old shoriful islam might be promising. 6'3' has two 4fers in list A's in only 8 matches, so far his averages are good for list A and FC cricket.
Old April 11, 2018, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Probably too early for yeasin, also the 16yr old shoriful islam might be promising. 6'3' has two 4fers in list A's in only 8 matches, so far his averages are good for list A and FC cricket.
Where did you hear about Shoriful Islam? 6'3" is very tall for a 16 yo...any pics?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 11, 2018, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Where did you hear about Shoriful Islam? 6'3" is very tall for a 16 yo...any pics?
Someone on here mentioned him, and I noticed he's currently playing for both zone, looked him up on cricinfo which has a face pic and says he's 6'3'. Not sure how accurate the height is but he must be reasonably tall if they're saying 6'3'.
Old April 11, 2018, 11:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Hmmm, it seems they took the picture off his profile, I'm sure there was a pic there before.
Old April 12, 2018, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
A perfect example of a common product of our garbage filled social dogma, this Taskin is!
You can not accept a constructive criticism from your fellow man, a fan, a man that takes the time to watch your game - because he is a rickshaw puller???
(the guy, the rickshaw-wala is addressing him as bhai, with respect and affection, then only humbly suggesting not to bowl short, but to bowl slow, to see if that improves the chance of getting wickets)
-First underlined:...because he is a rickshaw-wala: How do we read into this??? It simply suggests that's what he means.
-Second underlined: ...humbly: Again the wording of the conversation clearly suggests that.

Here in BC, I once said a thing or two about some specific taxi-driver, about a specific incident a few months ago, not because he was a taxi driver - but because he was getting into my personal business and in the process on my last nerve - why I don't have children - if I or my wife have reproductive complications or she has trouble conceiving, if I own my home or rent, things like that - a complete total stranger!
My uncle drove taxis in NYC. Some of my uncles still do here in the city and in London!
I worked and cleaned bathroom at a Burger King in Georgia, made pizza sauce and delivered at 4 in the morning, gathered hundreds of shopping carts on melting asphalt parking lots of Wal-Mart in the boiling heat - burning summer of Georgia, so??? If I spoke to and suggested a bowler/an athlete that I admire to bowl slightly differently, He will look down on me?? Like who are you bathroom cleaner come here and tell (teach) me how to bowl?!!!
it's not 'advice', you bloody fool - it's simply suggesting...why? Because we, I and the Rickshaw-wala care for his game and want him to excel and succeed, may it be for our own selfish satisfaction - for our beloved 'team' to win!

Why we, Bangladeshis cannot improve upon ourselves as a whole, collectively? Because of our extremely 'poor' bias, racist, sexist, prejudice-filled, narrow and class conscious mind! It makes us extremely insecure as a people, collectively, individually and we will forever seek approval, reassurance from 'others', neighbors, often people of other nation to see if they approve of who we are or what you are doing as a human being! Our sick class conscious mind had been making and keeping us in a empty, hollow vessel for hundreds of years! This is what lets colonial outsiders/occupiers to come and take our souls away and lock us in our own prison cells. We end up remaining nothing but morally poor, insecure, zero self-esteem mammals that just breathe, eat and defecate!

I am probably over-reacting...but I will still say, how Pathetic you are, Taskin or whatever!
Agree well said

I hope he gets the rickshaw puller role in his upcoming banglish movie "taskin keno rickshawala'
Old April 12, 2018, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Guys like ebadat, rahi are way worse than Taskin

In tests at home it should be Roy and Mustafizur

In T20 Id go rubel Mustafizur Hider

In odis I'll like a 4 man attack especially building to wc19, but bowler number 4 isn't good enough, Hider hasn't improved his speeds, Taskins gone wayward, Roy gives control but not wicket taking deliveries, if I had to pick I may go Roy, but we are in trouble, with on form Taskin we had an excellent bowling line up start to finish

Old April 12, 2018, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000

In odis I'll like a 4 man attack especially building to wc19, but bowler number 4 isn't good enough, Hider hasn't improved his speeds, Taskins gone wayward, Roy gives control but not wicket taking deliveries, if I had to pick I may go Roy, but we are in trouble, with on form Taskin we had an excellent bowling line up start to finish
Ebadat and Rahi have not even played in ODIs, how can you assume instantaneously that they will be worse. Any pacer in the lineup is better than Taskin at the moment, he is getting hit for runs even in DPL.
Old April 12, 2018, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Get that Rikshaw driver as our bowling coach, because clearly no one's been telling Taskin that.
Old April 12, 2018, 09:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I used to watch games with rickshawals. my parents didn't allow "dish" for a long time coz chele noshto hoye jabe. so used to go to rangs showroom in mirpur 10 and watch the games from the street with no sound but with plenty of other random people. you would be surprised by how much rickshawalas know quiet a lot.

get that rickshawala as our coach as noname said.
Old April 12, 2018, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Ebadat and Rahi have not even played in ODIs, how can you assume instantaneously that they will be worse. Any pacer in the lineup is better than Taskin at the moment, he is getting hit for runs even in DPL.
Seen them play, from experience of playing and watching cricket lot longer than you. They simply won't be better than him in the near future, even if current form they might be better

Ebadat still looks few years away from being ready, rahi doesn't look all that

Old April 12, 2018, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I used to watch games with rickshawals. my parents didn't allow "dish" for a long time coz chele noshto hoye jabe. so used to go to rangs showroom in mirpur 10 and watch the games from the street with no sound but with plenty of other random people. you would be surprised by how much rickshawalas know quiet a lot.

get that rickshawala as our coach as noname said.
I will be damned. Same story here. Perks of being one child. But I had the opportunity to watch cricket at my cousins' places since we were a big happy family living on separate floors of my grandparents' residence. I also had the glimpse of public watching on Rang's showroom at Kalabagan.
Old April 12, 2018, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

don't understand the rickshaw puller story. Fans from every corner of the country are passionate. And a lot of these labor workers understand sports way more than average college kids sometimes.

My visit to BD 3 years ago, I played soccer in a girls high school field (school was out of session lol - just for the field) and trying to get more players - I approached the chatpotti wala (in his 20s) and his helper and asked if he wants to play soccer with us against the will of the counsin who was phoning his friends to come who never seen a field in his youth..

next one hour his stall was closed and that kid was the best soccer player in the group...

Later he told me not to eat his chotpoti because i would get sick. And I dutyfully listened. They are a lot smarter than many give them credit for.
Old April 12, 2018, 03:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
I will be damned. Same story here. Perks of being one child. But I had the opportunity to watch cricket at my cousins' places since we were a big happy family living on separate floors of my grandparents' residence. I also had the glimpse of public watching on Rang's showroom at Kalabagan.
haha. I think its a common story for a lot us. But I did get "noshto" regardless.

on topic, taskin is a typical know all Dhaka kid. born and raised in mohammedpur. knew kids like these very well. I used to practice in Abahani field in 6th/7th grade. And played in multiple school tournaments in dhanmondi/lalmatia area. and my older brother played for dhanmondi govt boys. All these kids had a sense of entitlement and huge ego. That's why Dhaka produces very few successful cricketers (beside Ash ).
Old April 12, 2018, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000

Ebadat took 3 for 58 on a 500 wicket. Don't forget Mrittunjoy either.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 14, 2018, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ebadat took 3 for 58 on a 500 wicket. Don't forget Mrittunjoy either.
When did he take That and against who

Mrittunjoy is a young boy, should be years away from international