facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 24, 2017, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Fazal, let's be happy that we have a Comilla team to represent us Noakhaillas, Chanpuiras, Laxmipuira, Feni-ites and Brahmanbarbarians; otherwise we would be lumped in with the Chittagonians.

Old November 24, 2017, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Oh please no Noakhali. How many teams do you want from one particular division?
There’s already two teams from Chittagong Division (Chittagong and Comilla). Comilla isn’t a division yet and having Nokhali team in BPL would mean 3 teams from Chittagong Division. Mymensing is a Division needs a Mymensinghi, Barisal too to complete all divisions having atleast one BPL side representing them.

Until then, if you’re gonna have more teams from one division then..We demand a side from Srimangol/Moulvibazar, would be great if you ask me. Sri Mongol Warriors would be good cricket name, just think the sound of that name, plus there’s many 5star resorts available in the area if they can build a stadium inbetween, lots of wealthy people from this area.
If you have a team from Srimongol/Moulvibazar, I demand that it be called Team Foga.
Old November 24, 2017, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Fazal, let's be happy that we have a Comilla team to represent us Noakhaillas, Chanpuiras, Laxmipuira, Feni-ites and Brahmanbarbarians; otherwise we would be lumped in with the Chittagonians.
True. I think Lotus Kamal is from Noakhali....he is just hiding his identiy.
Old November 24, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
True. I think Lotus Kamal is from Noakhali....he is just hiding his identiy.
He's from Laksham in Comilla District.

Anyway, the best part of that entire region is Chandpur. We need a Chandpur team first, then Noakhali.
Old November 24, 2017, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I hope not to see any 200+ scores or actually any 190+ scores in BPl, these scores just makes the game one sided.
But I'm liking BPL this year,I was not looking forward to it at all.
Old November 24, 2017, 04:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
................ Comilla isn’t a division yet .............
I think Govt. have already decided to make Comilla a division. Hasina wants a new name for the division (Moynamoti), but Lotus Kamal and most of the other local leaders wants to keep the Comilla name.
Old November 24, 2017, 04:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Dhaka vs. Sylhet (Rivalry)
Dhaka vs. Chittagong (Rivalry)
Chittagong Vs. Comilla (Rivalry)

If you get home and away matches, things would get super exciting.

I don't like the idea of having two Dhaka teams.
I heard form my father, that during the early phase of erstwhile East Pakistan there was a very popular soccer tournament named , "Inter-District Football". There was an intense Comilla-Barisal rivalry. Not only in sports, they could feel this rivalry in other areas like Universities, Secretariat, etc. Couple of years back I was present during the Comilla-Barisal BPL final. I observed the presence of passionate supports for both the teams. It was a great atmosphere. I think there is a great chance of Comilla-Barisal rivalry.
We may also see Dhaka-Chittagong, Dhaka-Sylhet rivalry.
Old November 24, 2017, 07:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Good to see Sikandar Raza carrying his good form
Old November 25, 2017, 05:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

I thought that Chittagong wicket was going to be the slowest wicket this BPL, and it has so far turn led out to produce runs...

Yesterday Sikander Raza almost made a 100. Today Sammy made 47 off 14 balls.

Are the.boundaries that small?
Old November 26, 2017, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I thought that Chittagong wicket was going to be the slowest wicket this BPL, and it has so far turn led out to produce runs...

Yesterday Sikander Raza almost made a 100. Today Sammy made 47 off 14 balls.

Are the.boundaries that small?
Pitch is actually pretty flat and on top of that lightning Quick outfield

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 27, 2017, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

After Shakib, Kevon Cooper, and Nabi, Shafiul became the 4th bowler to take fifty wickets in the history of BPL

-Samakal
Old November 27, 2017, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

After today's match we can officially say that fizz is totally finished and it's time for us to look for new prospects.

Yes, I haven't watched a single ball in today's match. But, when I looked at the scorecard, I became really sad. An old and tired sami hasn't given more than 20 in his 4 overs whereas our overhyped fizz got clobbered around by some pretty mediocre batters. :faceplam:
Old November 29, 2017, 11:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
After today's match we can officially say that fizz is totally finished and it's time for us to look for new prospects.

Yes, I haven't watched a single ball in today's match. But, when I looked at the scorecard, I became really sad. An old and tired sami hasn't given more than 20 in his 4 overs whereas our overhyped fizz got clobbered around by some pretty mediocre batters. :faceplam:
Finished Fizz is still better than 95% of the seam bowlers going around these days.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 6, 2017, 11:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Strange to see Hasan Ali having to use a mask at Dhaka. Hope he did not vomit or anything.

Old December 7, 2017, 12:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Strange to see Hasan Ali having to use a mask at Dhaka. Hope he did not vomit or anything.

Waht the F?
Old December 7, 2017, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Well, Dhaka is one of the most polluted cities in the world. He was having an asthma attack middle of the game, had to take some medicine, and returned to the field with the mask.

He should be advised to use mask when he plays at Lahore as well, don't want to see this young promising guy losing out to asthma so early in his career.
Old December 7, 2017, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ Well, Dhaka is one of the most polluted cities in the world. He was having an asthma attack middle of the game, had to take some medicine, and returned to the field with the mask.

He should be advised to use mask when he plays at Lahore as well, his asthma may get worse otherwise.
Also, UAE, where it's known to have dust storms
Old December 7, 2017, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

^^
Abu Dhabi dust storm2015
Old December 8, 2017, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Gosh bpl does look so miserable at times. Eliminator hardly any crowds. Ground looks miserable, it’s the same ground millions of matches are played even the locals are bored of I bet. It just doesnt bpl t20 only final should be held there. And why are the bd stadiums stands miles away from the boundary line? Can’t they build few 15k seater stadiums with approx 65m boundaries and no excessive land areas outside boundary with the stadium stands closer to action?!! That why more noise, more better action, just looks better. Mirpur same areas like 90m plus where the stand is boundary being brought in around 70m and people are watching it a mile away like. I like how some of the Indian stadiums are closer to action. If they want practice wicket, why make stadium large? You can also build practice wickets side of the wickets or near boundary ish like eden gardens. Or even better build outer practice ground next to stadium for the main practice.

For BPL, as it is playrd mostly on neutral grounds, if its going to he stuck in Dhaka for life then build some more stadiums in Dhk other side of Sbncs, approx 15k seater closer to action stands, it will lool better especially for neutral games where if there’s no crowds in a large stadium it just seems miserable and dull
Old December 8, 2017, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Come on. Give people what they want - A Dhaka vs Rangpur final.
Old December 8, 2017, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Dhaka and Rangpur both got this far mostly because of individual contributions of their foreign players.

I generally don't support Comilla, but this year they're the team that's playing as a team without too much dependency on star powers, foreign or domestic. I want to see them winning the Qualifier 2, and returning to payback Dhaka.
Old December 8, 2017, 05:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

If Gayle doesn't click again, Comilla should win this. If Comilla does get to the final, they would need to bat first. They already won both group games against Dhaka, but chasing in a final against them with all that crowd support will be near impossible. We saw what happened this evening. Comilla have been a great edition to this BPL regardless if they win or lose that game to Rangpur.

I just hope next season, we will finally see 8 teams participating in the BPL, and more stadiums being used. Also, 5 foreign players for this season has worked for a change I reckon. It will just make our players better after being exposed to all these foreign players.

I think it's time for someone like Abu Hider to be part of the national side now. He looks more skilled than someone like Taskin. He will be a good limited overs bowler. We don't have any other options really. Taskin should not be playing tests; he'll be good enough in limited overs. These players should be in our T20 squad right now: Tamim, Anamul, Nurul, Shabbir, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Fizz, Hider, Mosaddek, Saifuddin, Nasir, Mushfiqur and Taskin.
Old December 8, 2017, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Nurul?! Nasir?! Mosaddek?! Mushfiq?! Seriously?!!!
Old December 8, 2017, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Fizz, Abu hider, saifuddin. These guys can be good short format bowlers because of their variations, and from what I’ve heard being said on this forum one of the young u19 pacers also bowls a bit like fizz so maybe he might also be alright.
Old December 8, 2017, 05:50 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ You mean Qazi Onik? He is nothing like Fizz. He had his beginners luck in the debut match, but was taken to cleaners in following two matches.

He does not have pace, a good physical built, or a sound action to develop upon.