facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2017, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
“We will publish the circular. Anyone from any country can apply. Prior to the appointment of Hathurusingha, we witnessed several coaches who came from outside Asia left the job before terms. It procured bad influence upon the team. It would be better to have an Asian coach because of the similarity of culture,” - Akram Khan

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/11/bc...board-meeting/
Did he forget about Mohsin Khan and Amarnath?!

On the otherhand, Greenidge, Whatmore, Siddons all saw through their contracts! More importantly, they all left Bangladesh team in a better shape than when they first started!

Old November 29, 2017, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Did he forget about Mohsin Khan and Amarnath?!

On the otherhand, Greenidge, Whatmore, Siddons all saw through their contracts! More importantly, they all left Bangladesh team in a better shape than when they first started!
Exactly. Not to mention the fact that, Hathurusingha, an "Asian" coach, spent all his time in Australia after each series AND terminated his contract prematurely.

Akram Khan seems to have a very short memory.
Old November 29, 2017, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Team discipline was lost during Hathuru's last year. Senior players most likely resented him and eventually lost trust. This is the single best explanation for Shakib's sabbatical and Mushfiq's bizarre remarks during SA tour.
True. However

1. Team discipline was established when he first came ( Punishing Sakib, out of shape tamim regained fitness, Nasir and another young spinner was caught red handed when they tried to skip training (or part of training). No two type of rules, one for Tamim/Sakib and another for others.

2. Its not uncommon case where a disciplinarian coach lose his touch / gain resentment over time. At that time its best to change regiment. Huturu saw the sign and made the decision to move on.

3. The team still need another disciplinarian coach with more communication skills (that Huturu lacked)

There is reason why haturu with all his faults is still wanted by multiple boards (BCB, Sri Lanka). That means he still has demands in the market as head coach.

On the other hand, there is reason why Siddon never got another head Coaching job opportunity for so long even he was available.

Yes in our next coach, we need better than Haturu, but that doesn't mean we need to go back to old proven failure like Siddon. Batting coach is one thing, but head coaching requires different set of skillset that siddon doesn't have.
Old December 4, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Any new news on who the coach will be?
Old December 4, 2017, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Any new news on who the coach will be?
We are dealing with BCB here, and you are looking for news so early?

They will make their move slowly... give an offer to their 1st choice who will reject, then wait a month and then give offer to the 2nd guy who will negotiate and except offer and the then reject it at the last moment, and then they will wait one more month and get their 3rd choice.
Old December 4, 2017, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I think they made a couple of unsuccessful moves-Flower, Langer.

Mahmud's short term appointment, i believe has doubts due to conflict of interest-both reported by Cricinfo and Prothom Alo.

And as per Akram Khan, the decision of coach will be brought up in the next board meeting. Pretty sure that wont be before end of BPL.

No advertisement even-the only ad on BCB website was posted in July for a spin coach!

http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/eoi/
Old December 6, 2017, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Geoff Marsh third candidate for the coaching role, after Pybus and Simmons.

Imo Marsh is the best of the three. Father figure type coach who is known to be a motivator and organizer. In a way started Australia's dominance in the late 90's, early 2000's. Had a good stint with Zimbabwe, and was doing ok with Sri Lanka.
Old December 7, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Apparently rumours has it that Jhonty is coming to Dhaka..
Old December 7, 2017, 11:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Jonty has good amount of experience as a fielding coach now. But I hope Papon is not considering to elevate him as the head coach. He is obsessed over Jonty, that's for sure.
Old December 7, 2017, 11:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

While they are at it, they should rope in Lance Klusner
Old December 7, 2017, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Jonty has good amount of experience as a fielding coach now. But I hope Papon is not considering to elevate him as the head coach. He is obsessed over Jonty, that's for sure.
I'll take him over pybus anyday. I'll be surprised if pybus stays for more than 6 months. I mean this guy gave up on Pak three times. we had him before and he quite on us too. why are we being as stupid as the organization called PCB also known as stupidity?
Old December 7, 2017, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Maybe interviewing Pybus was just a formality. Pybus applied for the position and it would be extremely rude to just say No. Besides nowadays, we do not have that many qualified coaches out there looking for jobs, thanks to all the PLs. We have approached Mahela, Flower and others. Got rejected. So we do not have many options to begin with.

Lets not get worried just yet. We still have other coaches coming to Dhaka. Lets hope for the best
Old December 7, 2017, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Dwayne Bravo gave a glowing endorsement for Simmons:

"I think Phil Simmons is the best coach ever and it will be great for Bangladesh cricket to have someone like him. I think he will be very good as Bangladesh cricket is rising up and they need someone who can help them grow; not someone who will change things as they have a settled team, good players like Tamim [Iqbal], Shakib [Al Hasan], Mashrafe [Bin Mortaza] are there so they just need someone to manage and guide them.”

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/b...-pybus-1501765
Old December 7, 2017, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Old December 8, 2017, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Rhodes quit as MI coach..Is he coming to BD?
Old December 8, 2017, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Isam Bhai says "got no.3"

I guess it's not pybass or Simmons...Marsh?
Old December 8, 2017, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Marsh? Langer? Rhodes?
Old December 8, 2017, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

In the meantime now we know who will be SL's new coach vs Us in coming Jan series!

Cricinfo Report:

Chandika Hathurusingha appointed Sri Lanka coach

Chandika Hathurusingha's first full assignment with Sri Lanka will be the tour to Bangladesh, where he will have just finished up as head coach.

Though Hathurusingha had handed his resignation to the Bangladesh Cricket Board as early as October, the boards had been in discussions with him, and indeed with each other, as to what a peaceable relocation of the coach might look like. But SLC has now confirmed that Hathurusingha will begin his three-year contract with Sri Lanka on December 20, just as their T20s against India start. A two Test tour of Bangladesh is set to begin in January.

Full read:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ri-lanka-coach
Old December 8, 2017, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Dwayne Bravo gave a glowing endorsement for Simmons:

"I think Phil Simmons is the best coach ever and it will be great for Bangladesh cricket to have someone like him. I think he will be very good as Bangladesh cricket is rising up and they need someone who can help them grow; not someone who will change things as they have a settled team, good players like Tamim [Iqbal], Shakib [Al Hasan], Mashrafe [Bin Mortaza] are there so they just need someone to manage and guide them.”

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/b...-pybus-1501765
I prefer Simmons over many others.
Old December 8, 2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I prefer Simmons over many others.
I am conflicted over Simmons, if simmons comes we might have to be with walsh a little longer
Old December 8, 2017, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I am conflicted over Simmons, if simmons comes we might have to be with walsh a little longer
I want neither walsh nor Simmons, in fact no windies...lol

I saw how heated and scorned things can get...
Old December 8, 2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I want neither walsh nor Simmons, in fact no windies...lol

I saw how heated and scorned things can get...
tbh I would have been very excited with walsh-simmons combo if I did not see walsh as coach
Old December 8, 2017, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tbh I would have been very excited with walsh-simmons combo if I did not see walsh as coach
Who knows, maybe they could be a dynamic duo...but Walsh clearly lacks the technical aspects of being a bowling coach. He needed more visits at the fine leg boundary talking to his bowlers like what streak used to do
Old December 9, 2017, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Update:

1. Finally former coach Hathuru arrived in Dhaka today to meet BCB... will have a meeting today at Hotel Radisson for the SA tour report and his resignation.

2. BCB officials and 3 captains (Mash / Shakib / Mushfiq) had a meeting today at the same hotel regarding NEW coach. Other coaching staff (richard halsall / sunil joshi) were also present.

3. Phil Simmons will have a meeting with BCB on Sunday

Source - Bangla Tribune

Link 1

Link 2
Old December 9, 2017, 05:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Daily Star - link

‘They are confident of playing the next series without a coach’

Bangladesh cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan informed the media that he sat down with the three captains of the Tigers cricket team to discuss the issue of coach appointment.

The president asked captains Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim and Shakib Al Hasan if they are confident about playing the next series without a coach. The three captains had all agreed that they are confident of going on to play the next series even if BCB do not appoint a new coach in due time.

“Hathurusingha is not here with us and at this moment we do not have a coach. It may be the case that we do not appoint a coach ahead of the next series. So I asked them to plan on how we can play the next series,” the BCB president said.

“First of all I asked them if they are confident of playing the next series without a coach and they all said that they are confident.”

The president suggested that there is no hurry in rushing the coach appointment the board will decide due course of events during the board meeting scheduled for tomorrow. The issue of appointing an interim coach is going to be discussed and the president said that the coaching stuff was confident of being able to handle the challenges of playing the series without a coach.

“We are not saying that there will be no coach appointment. It maybe that tomorrow or day after tomorrow we will appoint a coach. I told them to be mentally prepared in case we do not appoint a coach ahead of the next series.

The president confirmed that he has not talked to Chandika Hathurusingha yet but suggested that all that remained are formalities but did not confirm whether there will be a definite meeting between him and Hathurusingha.