facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 29, 2017, 08:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default Trip Advisor-BC Version

Travel Tips on cities, countries and recommendations. Your favorite destinations so far and where you would like to go in 2018 and beyond. BCers can help each other here.

Old December 29, 2017, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I can only offer advice on a select few of the US cities and maybe Toronto, Montreal, Canada. is that sufficient?

My favorite place to visit is Boston, Massachusetts. That place has a very historic vibe. It has just about everything New york city has to offer. and yet it is not as crowed as New york city. From my personal Experience in general, the people of Boston are absolutely amazing. (Random people in the streets actually greet you with very cheery vibes). New York is a bit too crowded for me. Driving through new york city feels like hell sometimes. In new york I have always gotten this vibe "Get out of my face" type of vibe(Again, from my personal experience in general). maybe cause you see too many people and life is extremely fast paced and people always on the go. in Boston, I felt that it is a lot more laid back. The buildings in downtown Boston offer a very nice mix of antiquity and modernity, which is great to see. In terms of food, It's got very very solid spots. If you are in Boston, be sure to check out the street performers and Quincy Market. I can assure you would not be disappointed. You can also get a good tour of some of the world's famous universities like Harvard, MIT and many more. Catch a baseball game at Fenway Park if you are able. Overall, The city has got pretty much a little bit of everything.

My second favorite place to visit and live is Denver, Colorado. The mile high city is an absolute stunner in terms of both architectural and natural beauty. again, not super crowded but has just enough people and things happening in the city to make it very vibrant and lovely. Colorado, the state in general has some of the best sights to see in the world IMHO if you are into natural beauty thing. Some of the World famous Skiing and Snowboarding resorts also reside in Colorado, if you are into that thing(my American roommate broke his ankle while skiing though, back in 2013).

Toronto, I got similar vibes like Boston. For me personally, as you can see, Visiting and traveling to new cities and places, It's usually the People and culture there that is the deal breaker.
Old December 30, 2017, 12:12 AM

Wonderful insights Rifat. I wanna visit the US again before my visa expires. NY is first on the list but perhaps i should add Boston too. I do have a friend who lives there and also several more in Toronto.
Old December 30, 2017, 12:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

LOL! I bet Rifat likes Denver Colorado. :p
Old December 30, 2017, 12:30 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

I recently went to Bangkok for my father's heart treatment. I was really busy with him so did not get much time for site seeing. I just got one day free time and I thought lets go to pataya. this was the place near Bangkok which I heard the most.

After reaching pataya I was really disappointed, I mean to me coxsbazar looked 200 times more beautiful than this.

after returning home I told my friend man pataya sucked. I dont know why people talk about it. and he replied why did you go to pataya for site seeing? people dont go to pataya for beautiful nature!..and I was like OHH!
Old December 30, 2017, 12:48 AM

Bangladeshi people always seem to go to Pattaya and when the are in Bangkok, tend to stay around Nana. These two places are the known prostitution zones in the country and i cant understand why people do not chose other beautiful areas to visit. Down south there is Koh Samui, Krabi,Phuket, Phi Phi and Hua Hin with 100s of 5 star resorts and beautiful beaches. Pattaya should be the last option if you are not living here. I know the resorts and the private beaches in pattaya which are just as beautiful but not on the central beach road where most people tend to go. In bangkok the nice areas are Thonglor, Chidlom, Ploenchit,Phrompong or Siam. People need to avoid staying around Nana and Asokh to get the real experience for the city. All the wonderful restaurants are in these areas.
Old December 30, 2017, 12:52 AM

^Phuket was to far away as I did not have much free time. Pattaya and Phuket are the only two places I knew about bangkok lol. Next time if I go for tourism I will try to visit the places you mentioned
Old December 30, 2017, 12:59 AM

I will post a detailed review of places i have been in Thailand later.
Old December 30, 2017, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I recently went to Bangkok for my father's heart treatment. I was really busy with him so did not get much time for site seeing. I just got one day free time and I thought lets go to pataya. this was the place near Bangkok which I heard the most.

After reaching pataya I was really disappointed, I mean to me coxsbazar looked 200 times more beautiful than this.

after returning home I told my friend man pataya sucked. I dont know why people talk about it. and he replied why did you go to pataya for site seeing? people dont go to pataya for beautiful nature!..and I was like OHH!
Hope your father is okay now.
Old December 30, 2017, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Yes exactly, I hope uncleji is keeping well, @NW

Wonderful post Rifat BTW.
Old December 30, 2017, 07:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

Come to Staten Island. The Forgotten borough.

We have parks and parks and parks. ....the highest point on the eastern seaboard, Wagner College sitting on top the hill, where amazing views of the New York Harbor and the Lower Manhattan area...

We have Sri Lankan restaurants, Little Sri Lanka, the best Pizza in the world.
Old December 30, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Inshallah flying 5th January to Orlando. My wife's cousin's wedding and then Disney world.
Old December 30, 2017, 12:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There are few places in Arkansas that is worthwhile. 1. Hotsprings. 2. White water rafting. 3. Flyfishing. 4. Diamond mining (free, if you can find, people do find) (Murfreesboro)
Old December 30, 2017, 12:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

The other day I was at LA. My mom is in the committee of Mohila Awami League ..lol

So after I had my biryani fix at Swadesh, I kicked back in my car in the parking lot. Kinda got bored. Then decided to take matters at my own hands. I entered Club DV8 in my GPS. It mentioned Hollywood and Highland.

So I went there. The club was closed. There was another new club but opens at 10 or 11. So I walked around the place. Not my first time. Basically this is where the Hollywood Walk of Stars is.

Now I been there a lot and there really is nothing to do. Then found three black dudes smokin pot in front of everyone on the street playing drums. Paid them 5-10 bucks to hook me up with a toke. After I got high that's when shtf.

First paid a dollar to have my fortune told. It was "Zoltar Speaks" ..lol

Then saw Ripley's Believe it or not musuem after I walked past Chinese Theater. Chinese Theater looked nice but closed.

Now I am a stingy person...lol don't like spending money like most Bengalis. But out of whim (or pot?) I decided since it may be a while I return there, might as well check it out. So I bought a ticket for Ripley' Believe it or not + Guiness world record Musuem + Wax musuem.

I must say it was worth it. Worth the admission. Plus I was kinda high so I was blown away as if I am on a ride or something... Loved it. Momma called.... told her I was at Target. .lol ... then went back and picked her up and she even had two more biryani packets.

This is from Buena Park, but you get the idea sh--ts that gets me on.
Old December 30, 2017, 01:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

By the way, what is trip advisor? lol......
Old December 30, 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Yes exactly, I hope uncleji is keeping well, @NW

Wonderful post Rifat BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
he is ok now, thank you.

one of his artery was blocked so needed to put a ring in it
Old December 30, 2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

This is from Buena Park, but you get the idea sh--ts that gets me on.
interesting..do you know if this is a skull of a cannibal or of a guy/girl who was cannibalized?
Old December 30, 2017, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
interesting..do you know if this is a skull of a cannibal or of a guy/girl who was cannibalized?
I believe the Headhunters were the ones who usually would be clad in that attire (at least that is how I saw them being depicted in books).
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old December 30, 2017, 11:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Looking for pictures, I found this:

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old December 30, 2017, 11:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Yeah not messing with those guys.... ^^ lol

Yeah NW, that skull is a real life trophy. I think that's where our phrase "take the scalp" comes from esp. from Native Americans who'd chop of hairbun.

Quote:
the scalp with the hair belonging to it cut or torn away from an enemy's head as a battle trophy, especially by an American Indian.
https://www.google.com/search?q=scal...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old December 30, 2017, 11:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Looking for pictures, I found this:

They are Huli Wigmen if I am not mistaken.

The one in the picture is that of Asmat.

All badasses by the way..

Apologies to Jadukor if I am derailing it. But hey! It's Papua New Guinea Trip Advisor edition. :p

Old December 30, 2017, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

^^ I don't really know. I pulled it off the google images
Old December 31, 2017, 03:48 AM

Can you people spare this thread from becoming an off topic post festival? Please?
Old December 31, 2017, 09:11 AM
Cricket Sage

^^ noted.
But, if Zeeshan had not brought up the Headhunters, I wouldn't have gotten interested and started Googling Papua New Guinea headhunters...

I would love to go there some day.

But, all of this is off topic to the thread.
Old December 31, 2017, 10:06 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Inshallah flying 5th January to Orlando. My wife's cousin's wedding and then Disney world.
Have fun! Orlando and Disney World tends to be crowded around this time with lots of tourists but you and your family will be able to enjoy nevertheless! If you are in the west side of Florida during your stay then let me know, would love to meet you!