facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 31, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
A lot of work just to go around the "historical record" debate. All it tells me is that Pak's better head-to-head record really really really bothers you.
It does bother me tbh, what is the point of having a rivalry if you aren't bothered with your teams defeat against its arch-rival? Just like our 11-0 wc record hurts every single pk fan. Still I am pretty sure the joy and value of winning in the wc is much greater than some random bilateral win. Had we still been playing pak bilaterally like we did in the 90's that head to head record would have been a lot more balanced.

Old December 31, 2017, 05:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Capture
upload image no signup

Wow, whats this!

Present Day india>present pakistan
Past pakistan team pre-2004> Past Indian team
Not true at all. In my thread, I have posted stats from 1985. And I have not missed a single (I repeat single) match/series with significant interest including important JAMODIs. And it shows come crucial games/series, its team India who comes on top in the past 4 decades. So this notion that Pak was a better team than Ind before 2004 is rubbish. H2H yeah they are ahead but quality over quantity anyday man.

But in any case, I just wanted to share my writeup. As nightwolf said, lets not create another Indo pak debate here.
Old December 31, 2017, 06:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Not true at all. In my thread, I have posted stats from 1985. And I have not missed a single (I repeat single) match/series with significant interest including important JAMODIs. And it shows come crucial games/series, its team India who comes on top in the past 4 decades. So this notion that Pak was a better team than Ind before 2004 is rubbish. H2H yeah they are ahead but quality over quantity anyday man.

But in any case, I just wanted to share my writeup. As nightwolf said, lets not create another Indo pak debate here.
Dinraat;s stat is objective, yours isn't. Your definition of crucial games is just silly. Wins are wins, losses are losses. There's nothing "crucial" about 1 bilateral vs another. Also "important JAMODI" is an oxymoron. How can a "Just Another Meaningless ODI" be also "important"?

It would better to just say "yea they have a better h2h overall, but we kick their *** in WCs and thats when it counts" Any stats will look good when you cherry pick the data. If a Pak had posted something similar, you and your indian bros would have gone ape sh*t.
Old December 31, 2017, 06:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Dinraat;s stat is objective, yours isn't. Your definition of crucial games is just silly. Wins are wins, losses are losses. There's nothing "crucial" about 1 bilateral vs another. Also "important JAMODI" is an oxymoron. How can a "Just Another Meaningless ODI" be also "important"?

It would better to just say "yea they have a better h2h overall, but we kick their *** in WCs and thats when it counts" Any stats will look good when you cherry pick the data. If a Pak had posted something similar, you and your indian bros would have gone ape sh*t.
It is not oxymoron brother...let me explain. Vajpayee goes to Pak in 2004...does a peace treaty and allows India to play in Pak for first time since 1989.There was world cup like hype in that 2004 Aman ki Asha series. And then compare to the unpteen time a half strength Indian team playing Pak in Sharjah in late 1980s with no fan interest at all. Both the above are ODIs...but you cant say that 2004 is a JAMODIs due to the magnitude of event. Same goes for them when they toured us in 1999 and beat us. Or the 2012 aane do series. Those were significant series.

Stats is not end all and by all. Sometimes we need to look things objectively.
Old January 2, 2018, 03:32 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Ponty... Pontu-da jini... jahake amra bole thaki.. Pontification jaahaa...

uni bole thaken j "fast bowling is more similar to javelin throwing"

I LOVE that insight.. lol despite he looks like Trumpy... found a great video on evolution of javelin throwing. FWIW, it'd be great if our bowlers flirt with javelin JUST FOR FUN for few seconds just to get a feel for "throwing aspect". It'd also improve their throwing arm...
Old January 2, 2018, 03:42 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ai... tamim kintu tar fesbuk inbox chk kore... ami nijer chokhe "seen" tick shoi dekshi
Old January 3, 2018, 01:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I know Shakku and "Grab'em by the Mushy" (c) Yankees got into Guardian and Cricket Aus, but we should spare some thought for Mehidy. This boy is a tremendous find for us. Lol I hope he doesn't throw away his talents like countless others. He can be extremely lethal and deadly if coached and trained properly.

Undoubtedly rookie of the year for us.
Old January 4, 2018, 12:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Sir Esh gearing up to make a comeback.. And LMFAO at the "BC PC Police" slamming Sabbir's thread with red arrow ratings. Pssh yeah that'd put him in his place. Smacks of the time when a child was saying: "oh oh Shakib showed the middle finger... the photo on the newspaper is fake, but one of our member has a photo..." WTF guys are you like three years old kindergarten? For all your seniority complex you act like frikkin babies.

Old January 12, 2018, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

Pakistan : 16 for 6

Writing history here.
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old January 12, 2018, 10:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

Pakistan's lowest total in ODIs is 43

Currently, they are 38/8
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old January 12, 2018, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Pakistan just got humiliated by Blackcaps.
Old January 13, 2018, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Pakistan just got humiliated by Blackcaps.
Very disappointed at NZ, they had Pak at 32/8, how could they let them cross 70?
Old January 13, 2018, 03:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Wow Pakistan getting wrecked in NZ. What happened to their batting!
Old January 13, 2018, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Haha, Ashraful seems adamant on a come back. Will it happen?

What if he does crazy workouts in the gym and hours of batting practice and absolutely destroys the domestic leagues, and comes back to captain the T20 side at the age of 33. And gets a 16 ball 100 in his first match back?

What a story would that be. I can run wild with my imaginations sometimes.
Old January 13, 2018, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Looks like that may happen only in your imagination. In reality, second season running (after return from his ban), Ashraful is still struggling to find his feet in domestics. He will continue to make a decent living out of domestics for few more yeas, based on his past reputation. Then he will prolly retire as a sports analyzer for some Bangla TV channel.
Old Today, 01:44 AM
Cricket Guru

a very good contest going on between Pakistan and New Zealand at the moment. surprised there is no thread for this.
Old Today, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
a very good contest going on between Pakistan and New Zealand at the moment. surprised there is no thread for this.
Haven't they already lost the series or something?
Old Today, 02:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Haven't they already lost the series or something?
game back in NZ favor as Grandhomme taking care of business with lusty blows.
Old Today, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

it looks like it is photoshopped..
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Can Zim beat Lanka in Mirpur?
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Good gosh, Zim never had a chance after Shakib took two wickets in the first over. I wonder, if it was a team like Eng, they would have surely counter attacked.
Old Today, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Also, I saw no passion in the Zim team. Horrible fielding. Blessing M'Bani was so bad in the ropes, I am actually concerned if he is involved with spot fixing. That's how bad it was.

Were we that good? Or did the hotel Zim is staying at in Dhaka give them no food to eat?
Old Today, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Also, I was looking at the ground. SBNS has never looked so awful. We really can't do better than SBNS, huh? It has become so stale. Place looks like a giant urinal.
Old Today, 03:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

কাটারে কাটছে, গতিও বাড়ছে
http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/art...A6%9B%E0%A7%87

Quote:
সেটিতে বেশ খুশি বাংলাদেশ দলের সহকারী কোচ রিচার্ড হ্যালসল, ‘এলিট বেসবলের অনেক পিচার (বল নিক্ষেপকারী) একই চোটে পড়ে। পিচাররা ঘণ্টায় ৯০ মাইল বেগে বল ছুড়তে পারে। কিন্তু (চোট থেকে ফিরে) ৯০ মাইলে পৌঁছাতে তাদের দুই বছর লাগে। মোস্তাফিজের সেখানে ১৮ মাস (২০১৬ সালের জুলাইয়ে কাঁধের চোট) হয়েছে। সে কাটার দিতে পারছে, আগের মতো ঘণ্টায় ৮৫ মাইলে (১৩৬ কিলোমিটার) বোলিং করতে পারছে। প্রতি সপ্তাহে গতি এক মাইল করে বাড়ছে। এটা তার কাটারকে আরও কার্যকর করছে। তার আত্মবিশ্বাস আবার ফিরে আসছে।’
good to see his speed is getting up there. halsall is saying he is clocking 135 now. maybe in a month or two can do 140 and up consistently.

Quote:
নিজেকে ফিরে পেতে কঠোর পরিশ্রম করে যাচ্ছেন মোস্তাফিজ। নিজেকে ফিরে পেতে ফিজের এই চেষ্টা মুগ্ধ করছে হ্যালসলকে, ‘সে তার স্কিল নিয়ে ধারাবাহিক কাজ করে যাচ্ছে। নিজের দক্ষতা ও প্যাশনের প্রতি কাউকে ভীষণ মনোযোগী দেখাটা সবার জন্য অসাধারণ ব্যাপার। নেটে এটা আমরা সাধারণত তামিম ও মুশফিককে করতে দেখি। কিন্তু প্রতিটি অনুশীলনে একজন বোলারের এই চেষ্টাটা উৎসাহব্যঞ্জক।’
no wonder why tamim and mushy has such consistent performance. shakib doesn't do much net practice but he is shakib after all.

finally --

Quote:
মায়াবী কাটারের সঙ্গে বিভ্রান্তি তৈরি করা স্লোয়ার; ধারাবাহিকভাবে একই জায়গায় বোলিং তো ছিলই।
can we stop talking about cutters in that manner? it was cutter master before. now it is "mayabi". it's a type of delivery. not any title song for miles.