facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old January 19, 2018, 09:34 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,562

Anyone knows Mohammad Rafique...?

boy he could hit. heck even better than the openers lol
__________________
It is a far finer gambit than any chess play: a chess player may offer the sacrifice of a pawn or even a piece, but a mathematician offers the game. -GH Hardy
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old January 19, 2018, 09:47 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,045

If a pace bowling allrounder isn’t going to get many overs bowling then pick soumya, he likes to hit from the get go, he bowls a bit of pace and if he works on it a bit he’d be more effective as a bowler. otherwise from the younger generation shanto can hit but I want him groomed higher up the order, zakir can also hit but imo he’s done nowhere near enough to be considered yet in any other format other than t20 and even then we’d be picking him on talent not performance.

Ariful an option but he hasn’t be consistent enough to force selection, it’d really be based on hope...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old January 19, 2018, 10:08 PM
epitaph's Avatar
epitaph epitaph is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 18, 2007
Posts: 1,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If Nasir was doing his job at the #7, it would be of little consequence who we have at #9 of the batting order.
#8, not #9. Mash won't be there forever, and if you're called a bowling AR but have to bat behind Mash, it's problem. Saifuddin's bowling is even more useless than his batting.

You need someone who can hold the bat and clear the rope at #8.
__________________
"No problem bowling, but speaking and batting, problem." - The Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old January 19, 2018, 11:57 PM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
If a pace bowling allrounder isn’t going to get many overs bowling then pick soumya, he likes to hit from the get go, he bowls a bit of pace and if he works on it a bit he’d be more effective as a bowler. otherwise from the younger generation shanto can hit but I want him groomed higher up the order, zakir can also hit but imo he’s done nowhere near enough to be considered yet in any other format other than t20 and even then we’d be picking him on talent not performance.

Ariful an option but he hasn’t be consistent enough to force selection, it’d really be based on hope...
shanto can hit? he is last person I would say would do the job.

only zakir can do it from that batch.
__________________
আমার অপার সীমানাতে তোমার চিহ্ন তবু রবে বেঁচে ...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 20, 2018, 01:27 AM
Max100's Avatar
Max100 Max100 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Queens,NYC
Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL
Posts: 2,410

nasir is not slogger or ard hitter. he is better suited at test or number 4 in ODI. one of the best fielder and good ODI bowler. i think he will be handy when we lose early wicket.

saifuddin need to be more matured with bowling and batting. otherwise, we have almost perfect team

future ODI

tamim
anamul ( soumya--when he returns to form)
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
nasir (if wkt falls early)/ miraz can replace him too
sabbir
saifuddin/ abul/taskin/miraz
mashrafi
Rubel
mustafiz
__________________
MY top XI ODI player of 2018: 1.Tamim. 2.Rohit 3.Kohli 4.Mushfiq 5.Stokes 6.shakib 7.andre Russel 8.Kuldeep/Akila 9.starc 10.Rabada 11.Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 20, 2018, 06:24 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,464

Is it just me who watched the game?

1. No one wants to give any credit to SL? Perera particularly bowled yorkers at will. Scorecards wouldn't show you that. Excellent catches were taken by the SLan fielders at that time.

2. Wickets slows down the runrate. Set batsmen got out after slowing down from 40-46. Riyad and Mushfiq. Worst offenders of dot balls (10). It wasn't the finisher's fault.

3. Finisher (Sabbir) did his job.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 20, 2018, 07:35 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Is it just me who watched the game?

1. No one wants to give any credit to SL? Perera particularly bowled yorkers at will. Scorecards wouldn't show you that. Excellent catches were taken by the SLan fielders at that time.

2. Wickets slows down the runrate. Set batsmen got out after slowing down from 40-46. Riyad and Mushfiq. Worst offenders of dot balls (10). It wasn't the finisher's fault.

3. Finisher (Sabbir) did his job.
No one is implying that 77 runs in the last 10 is a bad thing. It's decent only. But that's the issue, it's only decent. We had lost 3 wickets only, and had batsmen till 8/9 who can come and swing the bat.

Against teams like Lanka you have to back yourself to score 90-100 in the last 10 especially on such a flat deck and so many wickets remaining.

Anyways, there are much worse scenarios were we could not make use of the death overs and we scored like 60-70 runs in the same period. Who will look into that

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 20, 2018, 08:43 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
nasir is not slogger or ard hitter. he is better suited at test or number 4 in ODI. one of the best fielder and good ODI bowler. i think he will be handy when we lose early wicket.

saifuddin need to be more matured with bowling and batting. otherwise, we have almost perfect team

future ODI

tamim
anamul ( soumya--when If he returns to form)
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
nasir (if wkt falls early)/ miraz can replace him too
sabbir
saifuddin/ abul/taskin/miraz
mashrafi
Rubel
mustafiz
At the rate he is going, I think its safe to say, Souyma is another ashraful. He belongs in the domestics.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 20, 2018, 09:26 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 11,694

Shabbir’s job is a finisher, putting him up the order was a poor decision. Nasir is a nothing and has no place in the team. If we only had a bowler who could think the ball a bit. We have Mash for now who does ok but would be nice to have someone else.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 20, 2018, 09:49 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Shabbir’s job is a finisher, putting him up the order was a poor decision. Nasir is a nothing and has no place in the team. If we only had a bowler who could think the ball a bit. We have Mash for now who does ok but would be nice to have someone else.
like who ?
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 20, 2018, 10:02 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 11,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
like who ?
No one from the current line up. But the way our pace bowling is I think we are going for pure bowlers only who pay no attention to their batting
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old January 20, 2018, 10:08 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
No one from the current line up. But the way our pace bowling is I think we are going for pure bowlers only who pay no attention to their batting

Saifuddin?

Rony Rahi are better bowlers but Saifuddin can bat. Otherwise no reason to overlook the first two

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 20, 2018, 10:39 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 11,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Saifuddin?

Rony Rahi are better bowlers but Saifuddin can bat. Otherwise no reason to overlook the first two

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I would go for pure bowlers than a mediocre bowler who could possibly slog. The bashing Saifuddin got against playing Saffars was unbearable.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket