facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

you're forgetting ashraful. he was probably the most consistent, albeit his failures in the last two innings

Old June 30, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
In every ODI series we have one batsmen who performs consistently. In paki it was Rajin, against Zim/Ind it was Aftab, in the Natwest, it's Shahriar. I wish they could maintain it!
Just think of the series where they all click together
Old June 30, 2005, 09:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by left-hander
Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Was there really a need for this thread?
Also, he is probably the only Bangladeshi player that can speak some English...finally someone I could understand and not feel embarrassed about...
He even had the "like...like..." going! Did he study in America or something?
Old June 30, 2005, 10:05 PM
Test Cricketer

who cares if the players speaks english or not. speaking english dont make a good player. happy to see shariar nafees scoring runs. hope he can keep it up. but my man of the match is khaled mashud. i think he got overlooked again today. 71 and 2 catches. and plus the last partnership with shujon is why we were able to score 250.
Old June 30, 2005, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
... and he kept saying "like" every other word, which annoyed me. But he speaks excellent English anyway. I was a bit surprised to see him MoM though. I thought Clarke deserved it, or even Pilot for that matter. But then again it's the viewers' choice, so more like a popularity poll. Sigh!
The mullet got him over the line. "Like" got to me aswell but at least we can understand what he's saying unlike Bashar. Although he didn't answer the question "What have you learned from this tour?"
Old June 30, 2005, 11:17 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't care if the guy can't even spell his name as long as he keeps producing 50's regularly mixed in with the odd 100.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

why do u guys think abt his english so much.does it matter?the english which moto gp stars and european soccer playrs speak is so horrible.not to forget the south american footballers.its unfair to judge a player's english.its pure inferiority cmplx.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by prasad
why do u guys think abt his english so much.does it matter?the english which moto gp stars and european soccer playrs speak is so horrible.not to forget the south american footballers.its unfair to judge a player's english.its pure inferiority cmplx.
it just sounds funny when they speak...no offence...
Old July 1, 2005, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Geez, if you think Bangladeshi cricketers can't speak English, you should hear some Australian rugby league players ...
Old July 1, 2005, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys, i was thiking that he mite have come from some royal kinda family & may be he studied in an english medium skool...

my thinking is all true after i hear his eng...
and yes his hair style..u cnat expect a normal Bangladeshi buy other than Bands dude to keep such hair style..

wonder from where in Dhk & which skool he came?

think Scholastica?

i guess bocz he coems from such skool...his eduction u see is one that makes him to play sensible well..

Ash came from some normal skool..........and whn in feild..he donst pl sensibly..

ash is elder to shahriar...though...
hope ash do gud in this regard...
Old July 1, 2005, 08:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
you're forgetting ashraful. he was probably the most consistent, albeit his failures in the last two innings
That makes inconsistently consistent
Old July 1, 2005, 09:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Guys, i was thiking that he mite have come from some royal kinda family & may be he studied in an english medium skool...

my thinking is all true after i hear his eng...
and yes his hair style..u cnat expect a normal Bangladeshi buy other than Bands dude to keep such hair style..

wonder from where in Dhk & which skool he came?

think Scholastica?

i guess bocz he coems from such skool...his eduction u see is one that makes him to play sensible well..

Ash came from some normal skool..........and whn in feild..he donst pl sensibly..

ash is elder to shahriar...though...
hope ash do gud in this regard...

What the hell? So Shahriar plays sensibly in the middle because he went to an English Medium school? No offense but that is quite possibly the dumbest argument I have heard on this board...and I have heard some doozies.
Old July 1, 2005, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by prasad
No body is q ing his english ability here.. It sounded funny like GP stars and euro footballers.....

And on another note if english midium is the place for good outcomes then what about rafiq? you proved what all off us knew that most of the eng midum student would be blonde if they were born in western countries... go figure
Old July 1, 2005, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Okay I didn't realize people would start flaming on this "English" issue. I never tried to judge Abir on his English speaking skills. It has nothing to do with cricket really. It was nice to see a BD player speak decent English for a change, although the "like" mudra dosh got to me (as Razab bhai pointed out, he is probably the hi-fi type).
Old July 1, 2005, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock

What the hell? So Shahriar plays sensibly in the middle because he went to an English Medium school? No offense but that is quite possibly the dumbest argument I have heard on this board...and I have heard some doozies.
+1
Old July 1, 2005, 11:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

akabir,what does that last statement mean??
Old July 1, 2005, 11:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Let me also say some words about Shahriyar. He was originally most probable to make a debut in the English visit prior to travel there. I was really looking towards him when I came to know about him about a year ago. But.. I was also disappointed by his batting performace in the 1st two matches. He looked a decent batsman but.. unfortunately.. he didnt do anyting good to him in the beginning. Its just.. Nafees was also playing so bad that.. selectors gave him a chance to play inthe last few ODI's. And. I am really glad that he finally came through. Richard alawys ranked him very high when he was under his guidance. But.. I am sad that.. he had to come in expanse of another very very talented player. I really hope that Nafees Iqbal will recover his belief and will actually be a mainstay in our opening slot. I dont want to disrespect JO.He is probably the only consistant player in the whole series (ODI/Tests). But.. we also need to those new breeds of players who actually play to win .. not to get lost respectfully ( the habit and idealogy of most of the older players). So.. both Nafees should oneday play as openers. And we need one more good player at No, 3 positon. Hopefully.. Out of some really young talented player base.. alteast one good player will come out before next world cup.

Nonetheless.. Good luck S. Nafees. You finalyl show what you are actually capable of. Lookig forward for your show in the upcomming A team series.
Old July 1, 2005, 12:04 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree with Ejaj. About No 3 position I think we should try with Aftab who is doing a very good job against Zimb. in this series I dont know why he was demoted to down the order. Okk Tushar is a promising player. But he was not consistant in this series. And seems he is unable to score big innings. Till I did not find any good innings from him.

my suggestion is promote aftab at 3 and bring Alok at number 6 position.
Old July 1, 2005, 12:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

when you have a player settled in a position, the worst thing u can do is chang his position and screw it up....when aftab played against zim @3, he played superbly, played the new ball very well and was consistent....Also when he is @6, he seems to struggle with the spinner as we saw in the Natwest....i think our middle order shoulld be like this:

3. Aftab
4. Asharaful
5. Bashar
6. Tushar/Rajin/ALok
7. Pilot

Edited on, July 1, 2005, 5:38 PM GMT, by Samir.