facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2005, 03:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't like the use of this word choke. Australia and England both were in winning positions, but no one has a devine right to convert them positions into victory.

As far as I am concerned 'choking' is when you throw away a commanding position, like AC Milan in the Champions League final. No team was in a commanding position in this match, a position where they seemingly cannot loose.

Anyway, I was disgusted with Englands batting by the top order. It was a frenetic, over confident ridiculous display of batting that I never wish to see again.

Old July 2, 2005, 03:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Should Vaughan stay in the one day team?

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 8:37 PM GMT, by mwrkhan.
Old July 2, 2005, 03:36 PM
Street Cricketer

I think England done remarkably well from being 33-5 to some great aussie bowling to finishing on 196-9....at one stage in the opening of the Australian innings, we all (crowd at Lord's) thought the aussies would post a massive total but the english bowlers did really well to keep it below 200....and Collingwood and G Jones done a great job to keep it going.... Overall England deserved the series win after all their performances.

After england were 33-5 the game was there for the Aussies to win - gift wrapped n' all...
Old July 2, 2005, 04:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Should Vaughan stay in the one day team?

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 8:37 PM GMT, by mwrkhan.
Based on his batting - definatly no.

An average of 28 after 70 odd innings with no hundred and a strike rate under 70 is not good enough.

But, his captaincy is too good. He got a few things wrong today I thought but mostly he has been an outstanding leader for England, and just has a presence about him.

When Trescothick is captain, or when Vaughan isn't there, England in the field luck lacklustre.

Its a difficult. But for the time being, I would say keep Vaughan. But a poor Natwest Challenge and Vaughan will be under emmense pressure.