facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2018, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

The ODI side needs a lot of work. The tail can't bat any all top teams now add valuable runs all the way down the order.

We lack a big hitter (Sabbir is our best bet, and he's just mediocre at his best).

And we need a wicket taking spin option, preferably a wrist spinner with some degree of control.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 29, 2018, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Bangladesh will grovel next to a manhole in the dark alleys of feni mouth foaming up as he writhes and wretch like a heroin addict and slowly and slowly perish to a suffocating demise...

em em dobol u.. orthat mark my word.. mmw r ki
Old January 29, 2018, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
The ODI side needs a lot of work. The tail can't bat any all top teams now add valuable runs all the way down the order.

We lack a big hitter (Sabbir is our best bet, and he's just mediocre at his best).

And we need a wicket taking spin option, preferably a wrist spinner with some degree of control.
Mashrafe is strongly built and has natural hitting ability, for some unknown reason he seems to have neglected this quality, if he was serious about batting BD would have had a genuine power hitter down the order.
Old January 29, 2018, 10:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Mashrafe is strongly built and has natural hitting ability, for some unknown reason he seems to have neglected this quality, if he was serious about batting BD would have had a genuine power hitter down the order.
You don't necessarily need to be built. Look at Pandya. Big hitting has two main components, hand-eye coordination (see ball, hit ball) and timing. Proper batsmen also have those in addition to technique, temperament, etc.

Mash is still useuful to hit against spinners but he was always a genuine #11 against pace. Right now the best we have is Sabbir but he's not really a power hitter in the same way as a Afridi or Pandya. But the end result is can you score consistently at a strike rate of 150+ over 20 or more deliveries at the end of an innings. You don't have to necessarily hit every ball for 6, but because some will be dot balls you have to hit enough boundaries to make up. Sabbir is the only guy we have who has a reasonable chance of hitting 30 off 20 and the end of an innings.

That being said, we're a better team than this Lankan outfit, on any half-decent wicket. These minefield type pitches will always produce lottery results.

With the team that we have we *should* be able to beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan in the World Cup. Given we beat NZ in the Champions Trophy on a spicy wicket - again bowling wickets almost always give advantages to the inferior side - we may be able to knock off a major upset as well. So we should expect to win 4-5 games in the group stage at the World Cup.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2018, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The fact of the matter is, BD need a 'busy' player/batsman who can work the singles and turn the scoreboard over.

Look at how young Gill paced his innings a few hours ago; he only hit 7 boundaries (no sixes) and finished with a SR over 100
Old January 29, 2018, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You don't necessarily need to be built. Look at Pandya. Big hitting has two main components, hand-eye coordination (see ball, hit ball) and timing. Proper batsmen also have those in addition to technique, temperament, etc.

Mash is still useuful to hit against spinners but he was always a genuine #11 against pace. Right now the best we have is Sabbir but he's not really a power hitter in the same way as a Afridi or Pandya. But the end result is can you score consistently at a strike rate of 150+ over 20 or more deliveries at the end of an innings. You don't have to necessarily hit every ball for 6, but because some will be dot balls you have to hit enough boundaries to make up. Sabbir is the only guy we have who has a reasonable chance of hitting 30 off 20 and the end of an innings.

That being said, we're a better team than this Lankan outfit, on any half-decent wicket. These minefield type pitches will always produce lottery results.

With the team that we have we *should* be able to beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan in the World Cup. Given we beat NZ in the Champions Trophy on a spicy wicket - again bowling wickets almost always give advantages to the inferior side - we may be able to knock off a major upset as well. So we should expect to win 4-5 games in the group stage at the World Cup.
I was specifically talking about lower order power hitting, someone whose mishits will clear the rope, not about timing, Rohit Sharma on song with sheer timing wipes the floor with most if not all, but he isn't a power hitter, Mash is a sitting duck against pace because he never bothered to invest on this quality.

I know it is a very unpopular opinion here, but I think BD is ruining Shabbir by sending him lower down the order, he is a genuine stroke maker with extremely poor temperament and some glaring technical faults, I still believe with the help of a proper batting coach it is possible to rectify those. Raw talent is like crude oil, needs to be refined to serve specific purposes, I remember seeing Gill like a year or so back and he was not half the player he is today, and all the credit goes to Dravid, you need a solid batting coach.

BTW I do belive BD at least on paper is better than Pak and SL in all formats bar perhaps T20, it is time you actually prove it, whitewashing any team even at home is good for reputation and image building and also gives you world of confidence and boost team morale, as I said earlier just like charity performance too begins at home.
Old January 30, 2018, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Mashrafe has always annoyed the hell out of me and I’m sure most other bd fans on his batting aspects of his game.
A mean, look at his build, he’s like 6’2/3 looks really henched upperbody wise, he has immense power (check out his 40 odd against England last time England went to BD, one of the six he pulled/hooked was hit with awesome power from an awkward position).
I remember back in the days, he used to hit spinners so well, Mash and Rafique were saving then many times. Once Mash hit 4 sixes in a row against India. Mash has the ability of hitting big theres no question about that, but the question is does he even realise he has big hitting ability, got the muscles to do so?
I doubt he ever practices batting at nets like seriously wanting to improve his technique against pacers and his general batting side of his game.

With some more of fine tuning on his batting, could’ve been much more useful and handy. Mashrafe could’ve been BD’s late order big hitter (not just someone who can hit spinners if it’s there in his zone and slog pacers moving away with a Sunday league type technique)

Coaches, managers, just haven’t done enough to get mash motivated to bat better. Dude only bowls at 75-82 mph. And in todays cricket you gotta bat a bit, even tailenders around the world have improved techniques somewhat and play a part in batting. Mashrafe seems careless to care about batting practicing more often to improve and seems just focuses on his bowling side of things.
Old January 30, 2018, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
You don't necessarily need to be built. Look at Pandya. Big hitting has two main components, hand-eye coordination (see ball, hit ball) and timing.
wrong. To hit big you need fast bat speed, which is a product of fast twitch fibres, and/or upper body strength. Sachin probably has the best hand eye and timing out of anyone but Chris Lynn's mishit sixes are bigger than Sachin's sixes. To get the ball to go aerial cannot be relied purely on hand eye and timing. Because hitting the ball hard is the essence of why big sixes are hit. And that is determined by the velocity of which the bat hits the ball.
Old January 30, 2018, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
wrong. To hit big you need fast bat speed, which is a product of fast twitch fibres
Is this kinda true for fast bowling as well? we are seeing skinny U19 kids clocking high 140kph consistently.
Old January 30, 2018, 07:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

taile to bolte pari amara the twitch fiber ase... koi ami to fast boling korte pari na....ajaira jottoshob
Old January 30, 2018, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
wrong. To hit big you need fast bat speed, which is a product of fast twitch fibres, and/or upper body strength. Sachin probably has the best hand eye and timing out of anyone but Chris Lynn's mishit sixes are bigger than Sachin's sixes. To get the ball to go aerial cannot be relied purely on hand eye and timing. Because hitting the ball hard is the essence of why big sixes are hit. And that is determined by the velocity of which the bat hits the ball.
force = mass*acceleration

you need both the mass (strength/muscles in this case) and the acceleration (or a lot of one or the other).