facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2005, 07:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default Allow Begging...There is no point !!!

I don't really like Habibul bashar's quote on the BBC and Cricinfo websites.

[captain Habibul Bashar said several of his players could do well in English county cricket. "I don't know if they are going to get any offers but I think Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees and Aftab Ahmed are capable of playing at that level. I'd be very happy if they get offers and the chance to play in the county games. I hope that the counties have been looking at some of our players."] - from cricinfo.

The county clubs are suppose to be looking for players and should be able to find out the best by looking at their performance. I don't really think any Bangladeshi players will get chance (even though i really really want atleast two to play in English county).

We are suppose to get offers. we don't beg offers. Its entirely defferent thing for me.

and if they give u an offer that means u will hav less pressure for playing good at their team, Because They brought u. But If u look for, than u have to play good at every match. I mean u have to perform well most of the time and show them that u are good.which is quite impossible at the moment for BD players.

so Why Habibul Bashar is saying like this..
For me this is no good. Its like Begging for a place in an English county team.

I think this kind of things making our players Insignificant.

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 12:29 AM GMT, by Umar.

Old July 1, 2005, 09:27 PM
Club Cricketer

There is no point of begging. English cricket is a snob. Why 2-3 of our players are capable of playing county cricket? We are a test nation. All 11 sahould be good enough to play county cricket. This a nonsense statement by Bashar.
Old July 2, 2005, 12:40 AM
Street Cricketer

I don't see anything wrong with the statement. Any kind of opportunity is good for our boys. Opportunity doesn't come easily, unless you are lucky enough otherwise you have to work for it. Yes, we have talents but we need to build up on it by playing more in a challenging environment.
Old July 2, 2005, 12:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Umar
The county clubs are suppose to be looking for players and should be able to find out the best by looking at their performance. I don't really think any Bangladeshi players will get chance (even though i really really want atleast two to play in English county).

We are suppose to get offers. we don't beg offers. Its entirely defferent thing for me.
What you demand is something availabe only in the 'Ideal World'... but unfortunately we live in the world of reality!

And reality is that no matter how qualified our players are the top class county teams won't be very fair in judging that and letting newcomers like Bangladesh in so easily. You may call it begging.. but these comments by Bashar is actually raising his voices in the media against the silence of these counties when it comes to taking our players.

You remember Dav Whatmore questioning the desicion of picking Rana Navid over Mashrafee for the World 11? We should try to realize that without the voices of the Captain/Coach/Selectors from Bangladesh (Even Athar has communicated with the authorities about giving our younger players chances to play in the counties) there won't be any easy entry for them.

You can sit back and 'demand' to be called in by those 'snobbish' authorities and start calling Bashar/Other's efforts as 'Begging'... instead of dealing with the reality! But that will, I'm afraid, only be childish!!
Old July 2, 2005, 02:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

The ODI series has shown the english media, the commenators, the county sides that we have raw talent that can bcome world beaters, and bashar is asking for some exposure so this happens at a quicker rate. I dont mid this so called begging, if we can get 2/3 players in county cricket, makr my words we will see a reosundin difference in their temperament, shot selection and attitude towards the game. This will benefit us in the longer version of the game
Old July 2, 2005, 02:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Well I think Bashar has done everything from his position by urging county to pick 2-3 of our young players and done absolutely right. Playing in county you have to be the best and I dont see anything wrong for urging to give few of our younger players a chance. All the top players in the world want to play in county cricket to get experience. So If county show their interest on the basis of our captain call, that would be great boost for our players and the team.
Old July 2, 2005, 09:03 AM
Test Cricketer

comon my Tiger fellows!.. whats wrong is asking counties to look for some players from BD?.. Any chance to play in England will just help BD team in the longer run. I will not go into the debate that whether our players are capable or not to play at Counties. But.. at the same time.. we must remember that.. although we are a test team, the sea of difference between Bd players and even the County players is as clear as shiny daylight. So..even comparing such ??... Bashar did well to ask for that and if that helps to get few players to get a chance to play for even a 2nd div teams.. that will stll be much more beneficial to BD cricket. BD needs to learn and improve and there is no place for such ego. Comon.. open up you mind buddy!!
Old July 2, 2005, 10:10 AM
Retired BC Admin

That is pure marketing attempt. Nothing wrong with that. Even SriLankan skipper did the same thing a year ago and now Vaas is there as a result.
Old July 2, 2005, 10:11 AM
Test Cricketer

There's absolutely nothing wrong in what Bashar said. It's not begging at all. He was simply being homest in describing his desires-no shame in that.
Old July 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
Street Cricketer

In the backdrop of all the bad press by English media, unconvincing performance against England in both test and ODI games, Bashar's statement was a bold one. By asking for county slots, he was defiant and reiterated his statement of the quality of Bangladesh young players, despite what British media says.
Bashar's promotion of his youngsters is not odd in captaincty culture. Aminul Islam Bulbul played in this stage many years ago.
Old July 2, 2005, 10:43 AM
Street Cricketer

I agree . There is nothing wrong and it is not begging at all by Bashar. There is another point - if 2 or 3 of our current players can play now there and if they can consistently perform well, a better image and acceptance for Bangldesh cricket will start to rise among Counties. That will help us in the future as they might start looking for more of our talented players. Like now Pakistan and Srilankan cricket has great acceptance in County and any new promising player that arise in those teams Counties constantly take the mood to hunt them. That proves very helpful for those country's cricket.

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 3:47 PM GMT, by cyberboy.
Old July 2, 2005, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is nothing, remember what Aminul Islam Bulbul said after winning against Pakistan?

Quote:
We hope our prime minister will give us some money for this win
Old July 3, 2005, 12:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
This is nothing, remember what Aminul Islam Bulbul said after winning against Pakistan?

Quote:
We hope our prime minister will give us some money for this win
Old July 3, 2005, 01:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
This is nothing, remember what Aminul Islam Bulbul said after winning against Pakistan? "We hope our prime minister will give us some money for this win"
I'm curious. Did it work? Did he/they get some cash?