facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 30, 2018, 07:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wanted to be a bus driver. Seeing those big steering wheels in bd buses seemed pretty fun.

Old January 30, 2018, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
And how did things turn out?
He is a computer engineer, who almost got a job for google.

He is better than 90 per cent of us BCites.

That's judging by his posts.
Old January 30, 2018, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Wanted to be a Fighter jet pilot. Unfortunately, BD don't have many jets! The country let me down big time I tell you.. big time!
They are getting new SU-37 Flankers-E

Fighter jets, in Bangladesh are comparable to a hot girl. It has to be shared by 50-1000 other pilots.
Old January 30, 2018, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
They are getting new SU-37 Flankers-E

Fighter jets, in Bangladesh are comparable to a hot girl. It has to be shared by 50-1000 other pilots.
You sure it is su 37 not su 35 or su 30? We have been flying them flankers for over two decades now, majestic birds, maintenance could be a issue though. What are you going to do with your mig 29s? Are you going to phase them out and replenish the squadron with flankers?
Old January 30, 2018, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
You sure it is su 37 not su 35 or su 30? We have been flying them flankers for over two decades now, majestic birds, maintenance could be a issue though. What are you going to do with your mig 29s? Are you going to phase them out and replenish the squadron with flankers?
My bad, its the SU-30SME that were being procured by the government, I remember one came from Russia, but it has broken down.

But the current Airforce consists of pretty outdated weaponry, in terms of firepower.

We should really start procuring some better equipment, the senile prime minister needs to step up our military yardstick, we need better IFVs, Rotary Attack Helicopters, Interceptors, Bombers. Our army is largely trumped by that of India's and Pakistan. The Indian/Pakistani F-16 Fighting Falcon can easily with its advanced radar and manuverability take out an entire squadron of outdated Migs.
Old January 31, 2018, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
My bad, its the SU-30SME that were being procured by the government, I remember one came from Russia, but it has broken down.

But the current Airforce consists of pretty outdated weaponry, in terms of firepower.

We should really start procuring some better equipment, the senile prime minister needs to step up our military yardstick, we need better IFVs, Rotary Attack Helicopters, Interceptors, Bombers. Our army is largely trumped by that of India's and Pakistan. The Indian/Pakistani F-16 Fighting Falcon can easily with its advanced radar and manuverability take out an entire squadron of outdated Migs.
Again you sure you mean bomber? Why do need bombers? Do you know how costly it is to procure and maintain dedicated bombers? Bombers are for long distance operations, and before you send them behind enemy lines you need to gain total air superiority else your bombers would be flying ducks against enemy interceptors and anti-aircraft systems. Only superpower and semi superpowers with stakes all over the world can afford and actually has the need to operate tactical bombers, per my knowledge bar US, Russia and China no country operates tactical/dedicated bombers. All multi-role or air superiority fighters can do ground bombing as as well. Bombers are kinda like aircraft carriers, you only operate them when you have very high ambition and want to flex muscle beyond your border. Pakistan is a thousand mile away and no longer a threat, India is your best and time tested friend in the neighborhood, not a threat. Even in a hypothetical scenario you stand no chance against a full scale war against India or Pakistan no matter what you buy, in reality there is more chances of Uncle Sam carpet bombing London than India attacking Bangladesh, at this point the only realistic threat you have is Myanmar and to deny them your airspace in case of a war you need to invest in surface to air missile systems and point defense fighter. The flankers that you are buying are more than sufficient to give you a significant edge over Burma. Very smart choice from your decision makers.