facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3301  
Old February 5, 2018, 11:54 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 23,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Suggest some good heist movies people, I am okay with old ones too.
Inside Man.

Shrek (Heist of princess Fiona)
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote

  #3302  
Old February 6, 2018, 02:29 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Suggest some good heist movies people, I am okay with old ones too.
The Bank Job

Blue Streak

Point Break ( Keanu Reeves)

There is a movie called Heist but can’t suggest it

Last edited by adamnsu; February 6, 2018 at 03:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3303  
Old February 6, 2018, 10:40 AM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,783

Thanks for the suggestions Adam da and Akle, so far I have completely ignore this genre, time to compensate.
__________________
"I live as I choose or I will not live at all." -- R.I.P Dolores
Reply With Quote
  #3304  
Old February 6, 2018, 11:31 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Thanks for the suggestions Adam da and Akle, so far I have completely ignore this genre, time to compensate.
If you have ignored it then

- Ocean's 11 and 12
- The Usual Suspects
- The Italian Job (2003)
- The Thomas Crown Affair
-
Reply With Quote
  #3305  
Old February 6, 2018, 11:57 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,124

I just saw Hulk(2003) on a tv channel
I had no clue about this movie
Reply With Quote
  #3306  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:02 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I just saw Hulk(2003) on a tv channel
I had no clue about this movie
I could not finish the movie, it was awful..only started to watch it because of eric bana.
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #3307  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:06 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I could not finish the movie, it was awful..only started to watch it because of eric bana.
I was watching it for the nayika
It is.not so bad
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #3308  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:17 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I was watching it for the nayika
It is.not so bad
failed green superhero movies have great nayikas..if you havent watched green lantern yet, watch it!
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #3309  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:20 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 23,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
failed green superhero movies have great nayikas..if you havent watched green lantern yet, watch it!
Are you talking about her? (second blonde introduced on the forum today):

__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #3310  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:22 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,548

How did you figure out the word Nayikas is what I want to know
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #3311  
Old February 6, 2018, 12:24 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 23,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
How did you figure out the word Nayikas is what I want to know
When in Rome...
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #3312  
Old February 6, 2018, 02:23 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,460

That Hulk with Eric Bana was butters. Personally the proper Hulk was when Bill Bixby was in it and no CGI and Lou Ferrigno looked really scary.
Reply With Quote
  #3313  
Old February 9, 2018, 06:40 PM
RealSports RealSports is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 16, 2016
Location: London, England
Favorite Player: Virat Kohli
Posts: 851

These superheroes seem to come up often here.

I actually think Hulk film released in 03 is underrated. Have the Playstation 2 game of that. The TV series was the best. Animated series weren't that bad either.

The best Batman film believe it or not is Mask of the Phantasm. A follow-up film to Batman: animated series. Should watch it if you already haven't done so.

Massive fan of the Iron man. Use to love him as a kid. Animated series was really good to watch on Fox kids. The first film was great. I hope they make a 4th film, but hopefully include the real Mandarin. Hated the 3rd film.

Superman is the most popular superhero there is. The first two films were great, and you could watch them everytime. Never gets old. The animated series was also really good.
Reply With Quote
  #3314  
Old February 9, 2018, 07:33 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
These superheroes seem to come up often here.

I actually think Hulk film released in 03 is underrated. Have the Playstation 2 game of that. The TV series was the best. Animated series weren't that bad either.

The best Batman film believe it or not is Mask of the Phantasm. A follow-up film to Batman: animated series. Should watch it if you already haven't done so.

Massive fan of the Iron man. Use to love him as a kid. Animated series was really good to watch on Fox kids. The first film was great. I hope they make a 4th film, but hopefully include the real Mandarin. Hated the 3rd film.

Superman is the most popular superhero there is. The first two films were great, and you could watch them everytime. Never gets old. The animated series was also really good.
Massive fan of Iron-Man here too.

I can recommend you, Iron Man Armored Adventures, its cannon but its a good animated show too, had 2 seasons I remember. Very underrated.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #3315  
Old February 9, 2018, 09:24 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,424

Saw “Justice League” last night. By far one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

Terrible character development, cheesy dialogue, CGI was too much in the face. Zack Snyder is ruining DC.
Reply With Quote
  #3316  
Old February 10, 2018, 07:18 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,124

Coverfield Paradox was good, just good.
Reply With Quote
  #3317  
Old February 10, 2018, 09:41 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 32,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Saw “Justice League” last night. By far one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

Terrible character development, cheesy dialogue, CGI was too much in the face. Zack Snyder is ruining DC.
I wonder how Black Panther will stack up against the hype... Or just another comic book nerd fest?
Reply With Quote
  #3318  
Old February 11, 2018, 07:33 AM
RealSports RealSports is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 16, 2016
Location: London, England
Favorite Player: Virat Kohli
Posts: 851

DC cinematic universe is a joke. You can tell poor planning has gone onto this. Had the potential to be just as good as Marvel's, but they should've started making films around the same time as them.
Reply With Quote
  #3319  
Old February 14, 2018, 08:23 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 32,297

Anyone watched The Big Sick? Heard getting good reviews.
Reply With Quote
  #3320  
Old February 14, 2018, 08:26 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
DC cinematic universe is a joke. You can tell poor planning has gone onto this. Had the potential to be just as good as Marvel's, but they should've started making films around the same time as them.
DC Animated originals are extremely well made though
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #3321  
Old February 23, 2018, 12:30 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 244

Tiger Zinda Hai - Chole type movie

Some of the glaring weaknesses of the movie:

1. The plot is over simplified. The way Salman and Co plan to enter the hospital and the ease with which it is realized - simply not possible in real life.

2. I work in a gas plant. The recruitment process shown in the movie is pure joke. An oil refinery does not need mojdurs. Salman and Co get recruited without being asked of any skill - pure joke.

3. Indo Pak love fest - especially with jhanda - what can I say

4. Hundreds of ISIS soldiers shoot at Bhaijan, but of course, bhai can kill everyone and they cannot kill the bhai - BHAIGIRI at its best
Reply With Quote
  #3322  
Old February 24, 2018, 06:44 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Anyone watched The Big Sick? Heard getting good reviews.
One of the best comedies in recent memory
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #3323  
Old February 24, 2018, 07:56 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,460

Took my son to watch Paddington 2. Good family fun but not as good as first one.
Reply With Quote
  #3324  
Old February 24, 2018, 09:04 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Tiger Zinda Hai - Chole type movie

Some of the glaring weaknesses of the movie:

1. The plot is over simplified. The way Salman and Co plan to enter the hospital and the ease with which it is realized - simply not possible in real life.

2. I work in a gas plant. The recruitment process shown in the movie is pure joke. An oil refinery does not need mojdurs. Salman and Co get recruited without being asked of any skill - pure joke.

3. Indo Pak love fest - especially with jhanda - what can I say

4. Hundreds of ISIS soldiers shoot at Bhaijan, but of course, bhai can kill everyone and they cannot kill the bhai - BHAIGIRI at its best
This is like going to an Ind restaurant and complaining the food was spicy.
I dont know what you were expecting from a Bollywood movie.
An action packed Bolly movie can not be a smart/intelligent movie.
I w1tched it knowing it will be bhaigiri.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #3325  
Old February 24, 2018, 09:07 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 23,207

The last great Salman Khan movie was Karan Arjun.

Everything else after was trash
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket