facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Rashid only got captaincy because the previous captain Ashar Stanizi(?) is injured. Rashid didn't take it away from Nabi.
yeah I just saw this. thats good. at first I though Rashid was made captain by decision

Old March 8, 2018, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
AFG runrate is still OK in comparison to HK and Nepal

Way for AFG to qualify:-

1. Beat Nepal in their last match
2. Hope Zim and Nepal both beat HK with nepal not wining by a big margin.

then Afg will qualify for the super six based on RR.

Even if Afg qualifies for the super six the road to WC wont be easy for them. They will start with 0 points in super six with Scotland/Zim starting with 4 and 2(will depend on Zim vs Sco match), 2 teams from the other group will also start with 4 and 2. Most likely WI will start with 4.

So for Afg if they make it to the super six by miracle, They need to win all the matches in the super six to qualify for the WC. one of those matches will be vs WI.
The whole point of the poll thread being hilarious is the fact that AFG are BD lite. They can thrash WI and yet lose to HK.

But I highly doubt Nepal will beat HK. Looks like it will probably be WI and IRE qualifying in the end.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 8, 2018, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Idk why AFG is getting so much hate here. I know they are arrogant, but they have a good reason - they've been very exciting till this qualifier and was justifiably favorites.

The only reason I was rooting against them is so that BD wouldn't be the worst Asian side (but that is still debatable).
Old March 8, 2018, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yeah I just saw this. thats good. at first I though Rashid was made captain by decision
still a terrible idea to give a 19 year old captaincy, regardless of circumstances.
Old March 8, 2018, 11:20 AM

at first I didn't like the qualifier format but this makes things more competitive tbh.

with 12 test teams, ICC next time let the top 6 team qualify straight in the WC. Next 4 in the ranking will need to play the qualifier 1. next 2 in the raking will need to play qualifier 2 to get into qualifier 1.

So the system will be like No 11 and No 12 plays with 4 more associates in qualifier 2. Top 2 teams advances to qualifier 1

in qualifier 1 Number 7,8,9,10 along with the 2 qualifiers play.Top 2 teams in qualifier 1 qualifies for the WC.

This way we'll have a 8 team WC! and ICC's wet dream of getting rid of BD, Zim and The associates from the WC might finally be fulfilled!
Old March 8, 2018, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
AFG runrate is still OK in comparison to HK and Nepal

Way for AFG to qualify:-

1. Beat Nepal in their last match
2. Hope Zim and Nepal both beat HK with nepal not wining by a big margin.

then Afg will qualify for the super six based on RR.

Even if Afg qualifies for the super six the road to WC wont be easy for them. They will start with 0 points in super six with Scotland/Zim starting with 4 and 2(will depend on Zim vs Sco match), 2 teams from the other group will also start with 4 and 2. Most likely WI will start with 4.

So for Afg if they make it to the super six by miracle, They need to win all the matches in the super six to qualify for the WC. one of those matches will be vs WI.
Zims may choose to lose to HK... just to take revenge for every single time Afghans beat them. Hahahah
Old March 8, 2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Zims may choose to lose to HK... just take revenge on every singe time Afghans beat them. Hahahah
if Zim lose to HK that means they enters the super six with maximum 2 points out of the possible 4. Zim wont want that!. its not about making it to the super six, this is the wc qualifiers not the WC itself. making it to the super six here means nothing. zim will want all the points possible to take to the super six so that they can ensure they are one of the top two teams
Old March 8, 2018, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Still worth it ^
Old March 8, 2018, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

But when they beat Windies in warmup, I thought my windies would have a hard time qualifying...with Jason Holder saying, "It's about time we win a world cup"
Old March 8, 2018, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
still a terrible idea to give a 19 year old captaincy, regardless of circumstances.
Don't take an Afghan birth certificate at its face value.
Old March 8, 2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
But when they beat Windies in warmup, I thought my windies would have a hard time qualifying...with Jason Holder saying, "It's about time we win a world cup"
I will be rooting for WI in the world cup. with them playing the qualifiers for the first time and going on to win the WC will be the comeback story of a life time
Old March 8, 2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Rashid khan is as 19 as he is a girl
Old March 8, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

lol come on guys, I actually like Rashid. That man boy can play!
Old March 8, 2018, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Afghanistan have been very disappointing, didn't they just give rashid the captaincy? Think it's affected them, went from winning to not winning.
Old March 8, 2018, 04:11 PM
Club Cricketer

They are absolutely pathetic. Nepal are a waste of space as well. Canada would have provided more fight anyways we have made it to Super 6 and will have ODI status for four more years where we will play whopping 8 ODIs in that tenure
Old March 8, 2018, 05:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

I'm backing Ireland and Zimbabwe for the Qualifiers.. The two other teams with the same kit color as us.

Really hoping the Irish side could beat Windies tomorrow to finish top of their group.

They have so many old (and experienced) players I've been watching since '07, really want them to end their careers on a high note by playing the CWC in their neighboring country.
Old March 8, 2018, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Afghanistan's world cup hopes hanging by a very very thin thread. Their Batting is hugely disappointing.
Old March 8, 2018, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
I'm backing Ireland and Zimbabwe for the Qualifiers.. The two other teams with the same kit color as us.

Really hoping the Irish side could beat Windies tomorrow to finish top of their group.

They have so many old (and experienced) players I've been watching since '07, really want them to end their careers on a high note by playing the CWC in their neighboring country.
Yea same here. I have nothing against WI, but it would be a huge middle finger to ICC if they don't make it.
Old March 8, 2018, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Yea same here. I have nothing against WI, but it would be a huge middle finger to ICC if they don't make it.
Exactly. What's more frustrating is the fact that the CWC 2023 is also capped at 10 teams.

It's like ICC (mainly out of the big-3, BCCI) would do anything to not let the game spread outside of 8 teams. BCCI is the only board that is opposing including Cricket in the Olympics for this exact reason.

Even Papua New Guinea and Nepal showed a lot of promise so far into the tournament. We need a 16-team World Cup, consisting of 4 team group stage (round robin) and then entirely knock-out/ sudden death after that.

Massive 7 team Round Robin is the shittiest format in any sport.
Old March 8, 2018, 10:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Also every team with the exception of the hosts should play in the CWCQ to secure a spot in the WC.

This would give smaller teams like PNG greater exposure to playing against stronger teams like Australia.
Old March 9, 2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Exactly. What's more frustrating is the fact that the CWC 2023 is also capped at 10 teams.

It's like ICC (mainly out of the big-3, BCCI) would do anything to not let the game spread outside of 8 teams. BCCI is the only board that is opposing including Cricket in the Olympics for this exact reason.

Even Papua New Guinea and Nepal showed a lot of promise so far into the tournament. We need a 16-team World Cup, consisting of 4 team group stage (round robin) and then entirely knock-out/ sudden death after that.

Massive 7 team Round Robin is the shittiest format in any sport.
Because of WC 2007 you will never see a 4 team group. 4 team groups are dangerous for India. India knocked out early means way less money for ICC.

7 team round robin format gives the big teams more chance to pick themselves up if they suffer any early hiccup. see 2011 WC where england lost against Ireland early and still qualified for the QFs

Because we will not get a 4 team group, we will never see 16 teams in the WC. Without 4 team group, if we had a 16 team WC that will mean teams like nepal/Png playing at least 7 matches(8 team 2 group). Nepal/Png playing 7 matches doesn't make any sense financially or contest wise
Old March 9, 2018, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Afghanistan need to bring through their under 19 and A batsmen.This current batting line up is diabolical.
The bowling line up is mostly allright.
Old March 9, 2018, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Afghanistan need to bring through their under 19 and A batsmen.This current batting line up is diabolical.
The bowling line up is mostly allright.
Yeah bowling isn’t bad but agree with the batting, got a lot of youth tearing but up with the bat in their FC domestic comp, plenty of them averaging around 45/50+ and I’d say most of them are between 18-23 years of age, course don’t know how accurate these ages are but they’re surely younger jab some of he national team batsmen whose age is shown as older.
Old March 9, 2018, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Because of WC 2007 you will never see a 4 team group. 4 team groups are dangerous for India. India knocked out early means way less money for ICC.
Well said. This is exactly why India sees the growth of international cricket as a huge threat. It brings decentralization (much like FIFA) to what is now a dominant "big-3" system

There is no reason to have Associate/ Affiliate memberships, no other sporting body in the world has this.. All teams should have the rights to play all formats of the game.
Old March 9, 2018, 09:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall