facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 6, 2005, 09:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Right Arm Spinners

The purpose of this topic is to emphasize the importance of Right Arm Spinners.The talent available in the Bangladesh Batting is abndant for years to come.Bowling attack is one of the worst attacks of all Test Playing Nations other than Zimbabwe.Even Zimbabwe with Heath Streak and Blignaut are a very good bowling attack.Mashrafe is pure class but who is gonna support him.The strength of Subcontinental teams have been right arm spinners like Murali,Kumble,Saqlain,Harbhajan,Danish Kaneria.I think the BCB have to look out for a spinner at the same time preserve the likes of Enamul Haque JR and Manjural Islam

Old July 6, 2005, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, Bishan Bedi had spearheaded Indian attack for long time with his left arm spin. For a spinner mental aspect of the game is more important than physical part. So, spinning with right hand really does not make one a better or more effective bowler.
Old July 6, 2005, 10:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

I agrree with that.But dont tell me...... he was also supported by two other world class spinners Chandrsekhar,Venkatraghavan and also Erapalli Prasanna
Old July 6, 2005, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

My point is when you are in talent hunt for a fast bowler, you can locate him by physical strength, his bowling action and his pace. If he has all those, you can teach him to how to make best use of himself. But, spinning is an art, you can teach someone how to spin the ball more, how to bowl a googly or chinaman, but at the end, it all comes down how much imagination the guy has to outsmart the batsmen, how much guts he poses to take risks. This mental aspect of spin bowling makes it harder just to pick physically fit street Joe and teach him to be a deadly weapon. Right now Bangladesh is a very good natural resource of SLA's and it will be stupid if we don't make best use of it.

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 3:32 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old July 6, 2005, 10:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Old July 6, 2005, 11:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

are right arm spinners any better than lefties? do they have any innate advantages?

curious to know. i would think not.
Old July 7, 2005, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

That is so immature to say. Left arm spinners vs. Right arm is very different. We still dont have an offspinner in the team.. its a major missing for Bangladesh. A supply for SLA bowlers is a good trend but in reality,,, we are not producing any spin attacks for the right arm batsmen..Murli, Harbhajans are not left armers.
Old July 7, 2005, 09:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Off spinners can do better against left handed batsman, whereas SLA can be more effective against right handed batsman.
Old July 7, 2005, 10:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

they milton_eng...could you please name SLA's who can truble top test teams...........I dont think so.....
Old July 7, 2005, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Mohammad Rafique could of had 8 wixkets in one innngs in the 158* Test if our fielders could of just caught the ball.

Vettori gave Australia all that they could handle in the last few NZ vs Aus Test Matches.
Old July 7, 2005, 05:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Sometimes I am really surprised why all of our spinners are SLA, I know they have Icon Rafiq but this can not be the main case,,, I don'r know,,,
Old July 8, 2005, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its because of SLA tend to give less runs away and usually you get wickets by negative bowling. During the 'Para' matches,,, thats all that counts. But for longer version... they tend to fail. Aside Nathan Astle and Rafique there are practically no left arm spinners in the world that has the venom that can replace that of an Offspinners.