facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old April 26, 2018, 08:44 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
So who gets picked in the next test between razzak and mehedi?
Mehedi all day long, razzak chucks half the time

Tamim
Das
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mossadek
Nurul
Mehedi
Taijul
Mustafizur
Roy
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote

  #227  
Old April 26, 2018, 12:04 PM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,948

Well done to Liton Das. 5th highest first class score by a Bangladeshi batsmen.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old April 26, 2018, 08:01 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,228

Well done to Liton. No matter how weak the bowling 200 is a solid knock, more so at 100+ strike rate.

Liton has been opeing in BCL...is that a sign he will open in Tests? Would give us a LH/RH combination up top and allow Mosaddek to make the XI.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old April 26, 2018, 09:19 PM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 1,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Well done to Liton. No matter how weak the bowling 200 is a solid knock, more so at 100+ strike rate.

Liton has been opeing in BCL...is that a sign he will open in Tests? Would give us a LH/RH combination up top and allow Mosaddek to make the XI.
Liton opens in all of DPL,NCL and BCL. If Liton keep wickets in tests, he won't open. However, he may open in ODIs like he does in T20s
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old April 26, 2018, 09:58 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Liton opens in all of DPL,NCL and BCL. If Liton keep wickets in tests, he won't open. However, he may open in ODIs like he does in T20s
Think al wants mushy to take the gloves so liton can open and mosa can make the xi.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old April 27, 2018, 01:35 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Think al wants mushy to take the gloves so liton can open and mosa can make the xi.
Yep. Or conversely, we drop the vice captain.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old April 27, 2018, 02:09 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Yep. Or conversely, we drop the vice captain.
Zakir or nurul could then come in as keeper.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old April 27, 2018, 02:11 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Yep. Or conversely, we drop the vice captain.
Blasphemy! How dare you speak ill of the one ton king? Allah korbe tomar bichar.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old April 28, 2018, 03:37 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,948

Highest averages in last 5 years:

1. Mosaddek Hossain 71.38
2. Liton Das 68.89
3. Tushar Imran 65.74
4. Shahriar Nafees 52.80
5. Mominul Haque 52.56
6. Imrul Kayes 52.35
7. Saif Hassan 48.28
8. Naeem Islam 48.25
9. Tasamul Haque 47.82
10. Alok Kapali 47.51
11. Anamul Haque 46.82
12. Nurul Hasan 46.76
13. Taibur Rahman 46.40
14. Raqibul Hasan 46.18
15. Shadman Islam 45.68
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old April 28, 2018, 04:07 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,680

Mushy with the gloves will outscore any runs scored by mosadek+liton

Mushfik will drop 3 chances which will equal to 200 runs minimum per match
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old May 14, 2018, 09:47 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,723

Tushar, Nafees, Naeem and Kapali with higher averages than Anamul, Shadman

reveals the atrocity of selection defection.
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old May 14, 2018, 05:19 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Tushar, Nafees, Naeem and Kapali with higher averages than Anamul, Shadman

reveals the atrocity of selection defection.
shonen.. apnader bujhte hobe... domestic and international e perform kora ek na. Je domestic e perform korbe shey international e parbena.

Sabbir domestic e perform korena kintu internationaleo perform korena............oops
Soumya domestic e perform korena kintu internationaleo perform korena.........oops
Imrul domestic e perform korena kintu internationaleo perform korena.........oops
Taskin domestic e perform korena kintu internationaleo perform korena........ oops
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/

Last edited by Rinathq; May 15, 2018 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old May 14, 2018, 05:53 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Tushar, Nafees, Naeem and Kapali with higher averages than Anamul, Shadman

reveals the atrocity of selection defection.
Come on man it’s not always about averages, naeem is only 31 but tushar and alok are both 34, how many players get into international cricket at that age and play long term? Misbah is an anomaly and pretty sure he was a bit younger when he started anyway. Yes they’ve both played international cricket before but they’d basically be starting all over again.

Anamul and shadman both did well recently didn’t they? If so then deserved selection (though personally wouldn’t have selected shadman yet).

In saying that, based on domestics, tushar is possibly the most deserving as well as other top guys like liton.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old May 15, 2018, 11:58 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,723

Playing that Misbah card has become too cliche.
It seems more of personal jealousy, politics and fear of same generation players reigning over earning some accolade.

The selector thinks, if Tushar then why not me, during my days I was a better player than him, huh?
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old May 15, 2018, 10:17 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Playing that Misbah card has become too cliche.
It seems more of personal jealousy, politics and fear of same generation players reigning over earning some accolade.

The selector thinks, if Tushar then why not me, during my days I was a better player than him, huh?
My post was partially jest, I agree with what you are saying to a degree but selectors have more to think about than just now, it takes time to develop players so it’s important to give youngsters opportunities just like it’s important to have experienced seniors, we have shakib, mushy and tamim because they were given opportunities as youngsters and persevered with, many other youngsters over the same period failed so we are left with less than a handful of quality and experienced seniors, now we need to find youngsters who can be the next generation and take over when the current seniors retire and if the youngsters aren’t developed now the team will suffer when these seniors retire.

That’s why a team needs a mix of seniors and youngsters, if the future didn’t need worrying about then the team can be filled with kapali’s and tushar’s.

There is still space for someone like tushar, but then riyad needs to go, and others like mosaddek and shanto are also competing for spots, so a lot goes into the thought process of selecting someone, not just who’s the best right this second.

The reason tushar and alok and naeem aren’t making the team is because of mushy and shakib and tamim, it’s not because of the young ones.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #241  
Old May 16, 2018, 01:08 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
My post was partially jest, I agree with what you are saying to a degree but selectors have more to think about than just now, it takes time to develop players so it’s important to give youngsters opportunities just like it’s important to have experienced seniors, we have shakib, mushy and tamim because they were given opportunities as youngsters and persevered with, many other youngsters over the same period failed so we are left with less than a handful of quality and experienced seniors, now we need to find youngsters who can be the next generation and take over when the current seniors retire and if the youngsters aren’t developed now the team will suffer when these seniors retire.

That’s why a team needs a mix of seniors and youngsters, if the future didn’t need worrying about then the team can be filled with kapali’s and tushar’s.

There is still space for someone like tushar, but then riyad needs to go, and others like mosaddek and shanto are also competing for spots, so a lot goes into the thought process of selecting someone, not just who’s the best right this second.

The reason tushar and alok and naeem aren’t making the team is because of mushy and shakib and tamim, it’s not because of the young ones.
i disagree with this. No team ever has like a quota where only a certain number of senior players can play or a number of junior players has to play. National team is a place for 11+4 performers. Be it experienced or a rookie. If there is a certain position that needs replacement, selectors should look at the most eligible candidate based on domestic performance, long term form, capability. Things like age, prospective form, talent ceiling should never be in consideration. Talent is a very unpredictable factor in sports. Ashraful, Aftab, Shahadat, Taskin, Abul Hasan, Enamul Huq Jnr........ get the point?
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old May 16, 2018, 05:05 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
i disagree with this. No team ever has like a quota where only a certain number of senior players can play or a number of junior players has to play. National team is a place for 11+4 performers. Be it experienced or a rookie. If there is a certain position that needs replacement, selectors should look at the most eligible candidate based on domestic performance, long term form, capability. Things like age, prospective form, talent ceiling should never be in consideration. Talent is a very unpredictable factor in sports. Ashraful, Aftab, Shahadat, Taskin, Abul Hasan, Enamul Huq Jnr........ get the point?
Disagree, the selectors have a responsibility to develop young players so when the seniors develop the team already has experienced developed players ready to lead the next generation.

Soo many cricket teams have struggled in the last 10 years, reason is because none managed to develop young players to a good enough level where they could take over the mantle from guys like kallis, sangakkara, jayawardene, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey etc.

All teams are weaker at the moment though some still strong. In India good as when it had sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid and laxman? Australia as good as times of Hayden langer, Ponting Hussey, Gilchrist etc? SA are still ok without kallis and smith because of amla and de villiers and far and Quinton have done alright.

Imo it's very important to look both at the present and ahead.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket