facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 15, 2018, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Hmm interesting. This is my first time reading that, but it’s a bit of a stretch to say it’s a blatant copy. Where I got my “inspiration” (and I suspect my indian friend did as well) was the NFL which has been angling for a London franchise, with the Jags playing several home games in London beginning that month, which btw is also something I have referencd several time in this thread. Not to mention this is hardly novel idea: ICL already did it. CA also mentioned possibility of having a NZ team in BBL (same time, maybe they copied ICF too???)

Besides, I wouldn’t be patting myself in the back and bumping an old thread over and over if I copy pasted a much more popular forum, would I? But I will admit he did write his before me, which would make me look suspect

Old May 15, 2018, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Also, I'm pretty sure youre the author? lol am I right? It's actually well written, I enjoyed it! But I disagree with you. Sri Lanka - unlike Nepal - is a full member and former world champs. The idea that SLC would let BCCI have any authority over their own land is laughable. Nepal on the other hand is cricket starved, which was my initial point.

Besides there are cities in India with bigger population than Lanka/Dubai that still dont have an IPL team.
Old May 15, 2018, 08:14 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virender Sehwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Also, I'm pretty sure youre the author? lol am I right? It's actually well written, I enjoyed it! But I disagree with you. Sri Lanka - unlike Nepal - is a full member and former world champs. The idea that SLC would let BCCI have any authority over their own land is laughable. Nepal on the other hand is cricket starved, which was my initial point.

Besides there are cities in India with bigger population than Lanka/Dubai that still dont have an IPL team.
No, I didn't write that. I'm more of a reader than a writer

But the similarities are glaring. And the fact that your post came through 2 days after that one. Anyway, I don't want to belabor the point, it is what it is.
Old May 15, 2018, 05:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Nepal team in BPL is a good idea. It will be similar to Canadian teams in NHL and NBA.
Old May 15, 2018, 05:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Nepal team in BPL is a good idea. It will be similar to Canadian teams in NHL and NBA.
And the Scottish team in County championship.

Imagine playing a game in Nepal. The crowds
Old May 17, 2018, 08:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virender Sehwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
And the Scottish team in County championship.

Imagine playing a game in Nepal. The crowds
I think Bangladesh has also played in India's First Class cricket before it got test status?
Old May 17, 2018, 09:34 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker101
I think Bangladesh has also played in India's First Class cricket before it got test status?
huh? when?
Old May 17, 2018, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Yea man. Canada is small compared to the US, but the greater Toronto area is bigger than most US cities, which is why NHL, NBA, MLS all want to be there. NFL wanted to as well, but the CFL wouldnt allow it.
Old May 18, 2018, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker101
It was BXB XI that participated in one season of Ranji trophy. Cant recall which year it was but our Performance was very poor.. Dont know why we stopped touring.
Old May 18, 2018, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yea man. Canada is small compared to the US, but the greater Toronto area is bigger than most US cities, which is why NHL, NBA, MLS all want to be there. NFL wanted to as well, but the CFL wouldnt allow it.
In terms of area, Canada is not small compared to us, in fact it's bigger

Old May 18, 2018, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
In terms of area, Canada is not small compared to us, in fact it's bigger
Yes, Canada is still substantially larger land mass than the U.S. Canada is indeed the second largest country in the world, after the Russian Fed., U.S. being the third.

Now that being said, Both Canada and Russia get trumped by the U.S. from the context of land usability. Most of Canada and Russia are 'tundra' or sub-arctic- you can not build or grow anything in tundra. By that I mean growing vegetation for immediate human consumption and by building I mean inhabitable building with a meaningful inhabitable program of use, I am not talking about building a research lab in the middle of Arctic or Greenland or Alaska. People (scientists) do live in those on rottation and work, but for a very specific 'limited' purpose.

And in regards to the NFL, NBL, MLS and NHL: The U.S. is a 'GIANT' compared to Canada in terms of 'economy'! Canada is a huge land, but has a production and monetary influence less than France etc. U.S., no matter how much we hate it, and think that it ain't all that - U.S. still is the largest economy of the world, Russia is third world dumpy little place next to the U.S. And U.S. is going to remain this way for a LONG time. U.S. spends more $$ on military than nay nation in the world, we all know that - but that does NOT mean other sectors, infrastructure do not have enough fund involved in them - they all do, and more than anywhere else in the world. U.S. is the country with the MOST number of evenly functioning large cities in the world. Thus MLS, MLB, MLS and NBA are so powerful and so vast and huge operationally. Canada has more slow and an average Canadians are better hockey player than the average U.S. , okay maybe not as good as the Minnesotans. But Canada does not have anything close to the NHL.

By the way, Canada is probably one the 'best' nations in the world, probably second by my book, after New Zealand. Canada has a collective consciousness much much higher than the U.S. Better sense of environmental clarity and less selfish society as well. Compared to those, U.S. id far less 'sophisticated' society and has far less enlightened ad a collective society.

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 18, 2018 at 12:12 PM..
Old May 19, 2018, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

very true BK. California has a bigger population alone than the entire great white north of Canada.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

By the way, Canada is probably one the 'best' nations in the world, probably second by my book, after New Zealand. Canada has a collective consciousness much much higher than the U.S. Better sense of environmental clarity and less selfish society as well. Compared to those, U.S. id far less 'sophisticated' society and has far less enlightened ad a collective society.
Yea it definitely seems like it. Plus, they have the same constitutional rights as the US, minus the right to bear arms. So enjoy the same freedoms, with less probability of getting shot in school.

The only thing I dont like about Canada is how they still have the Queen on their money. Only thing worse than having a queen is having someone else's queen.
Old May 20, 2018, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
By the way, Canada is probably one the 'best' nations in the world, probably second by my book, after New Zealand.
Off-topic, but couldn't help but point out that NZ is one of the most low-key racist nations I've been to. They wear their BS "sportsmanship" and "over-achievers in sport" status with utmost pride, but their hopeless economy discourages immigration and breeds a culture of intolerance towards anyone that isn't considered kiwi.
Old May 23, 2018, 06:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Off-topic, but couldn't help but point out that NZ is one of the most low-key racist nations I've been to. They wear their BS "sportsmanship" and "over-achievers in sport" status with utmost pride, but their hopeless economy discourages immigration and breeds a culture of intolerance towards anyone that isn't considered kiwi.
Ohh...kintoo ami tow bebesilaam unara khoob balo manoos.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes, Canada is still substantially larger land mass than the U.S. Canada is indeed the second largest country in the world, after the Russian Fed., U.S. being the third.

Now that being said, Both Canada and Russia get trumped by the U.S. from the context of land usability. Most of Canada and Russia are 'tundra' or sub-arctic- you can not build or grow anything in tundra. By that I mean growing vegetation for immediate human consumption and by building I mean inhabitable building with a meaningful inhabitable program of use, I am not talking about building a research lab in the middle of Arctic or Greenland or Alaska. People (scientists) do live in those on rottation and work, but for a very specific 'limited' purpose.

And in regards to the NFL, NBL, MLS and NHL: The U.S. is a 'GIANT' compared to Canada in terms of 'economy'! Canada is a huge land, but has a production and monetary influence less than France etc. U.S., no matter how much we hate it, and think that it ain't all that - U.S. still is the largest economy of the world, Russia is third world dumpy little place next to the U.S. And U.S. is going to remain this way for a LONG time. U.S. spends more $$ on military than nay nation in the world, we all know that - but that does NOT mean other sectors, infrastructure do not have enough fund involved in them - they all do, and more than anywhere else in the world. U.S. is the country with the MOST number of evenly functioning large cities in the world. Thus MLS, MLB, MLS and NBA are so powerful and so vast and huge operationally. Canada has more slow and an average Canadians are better hockey player than the average U.S. , okay maybe not as good as the Minnesotans. But Canada does not have anything close to the NHL.

You forgot about China

China is bigger than USA, its very similar in size to Canada

Old May 23, 2018, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ohh...kintoo ami tow bebesilaam unara khoob balo manoos.
amio eita bebesilaam. Oder lamb toh halal. kemne racist hoite pare?
Old May 24, 2018, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

This is quite a marvelous read Yankees. Good redeem job from the Bd vs everyone cringepost. Hell yeah I am for it. I've been to Kathmandu, and indeed, as you say, they love their cricket.

There are only so many temples,pagodas and mountains you can visit, at some point you will want the dopamine hit that comes with walking into a floodlit stadium buzzing with crowd energy.