facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:38 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418
Default Rubel should never play T20 again

Give me overweight Taskin instead

Edit: Al Amin, Mustafizur, Taskin, Hider, Roy are all players I would have above Rubel in T20s

Rubel above jayed and abul
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.



Last edited by tiger1000; June 5, 2018 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:44 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,850

He should definitely not be asked to close out a match. Has NO clue. Got thrashed by Murali. Got thrashed by Dinesh Karthik, Got thrashed by Nabi.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:46 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
He should definitely not be asked to close out a match. Has NO clue. Got thrashed by Murali. Got thrashed by Dinesh Karthik, Got thrashed by Nabi.
Can't open with new ball, can't finish, it's 20 overs, when can he Bowl, overs 13 and 15?
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:49 PM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 1,256

Thats three matches he lost for us now in late overs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:53 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Has Taskin gone for 20plus before once at thw death? Rubel has few now.

But.. Taskin is apparently worse. I don’t think TSkin would’ve been this easy to smack sixes with such ease as they found Rubels juciy half trackers to hit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:56 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Has no shame whatsoever. What the f has this geezer done to get into t20 side? He fails every bpl miserably even against local batsmen. He’s never had a good t20 record as a bowler. I’m okay with him at ODI’s. But t20s? Never.

Get Taskin, AlAmin, Qazi, Ebadat who can bowl with new ball. Ffs! They can’t surely be giving 20+runs an over like that and be so expensive like Rubel!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 5, 2018, 12:59 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Has no shame whatsoever. What the f has this geezer done to get into t20 side? He fails every bpl miserably even against local batsmen. He’s never had a good t20 record as a bowler. I’m okay with him at ODI’s. But t20s? Never.

Get Taskin, AlAmin, Qazi, Ebadat who can bowl with new ball. Ffs! They can’t surely be giving 20+runs an over like that and be so expensive like Rubel!
Go with Taskin, Hider, Mustafizur

Al amin is world class T20 bowler, he's meant to be a prick though, so they don't want to put him in
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:00 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

BCB Destroyed Al-Amin (even part of it was self destruct). they should have started Hider long ago, he showed glimpse of hope few years back in BPL. For whatever reson BCB didnt gave him enough chance. They sticked with Rubel and Taskin even neithwe showed they are capable to use their brain.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:05 PM
goru's Avatar
goru goru is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 12, 2006
Location: jinjira
Favorite Player: James Bond
Posts: 2,160

We've lost both matches because our batsmen had no clue what to do against AFG spinners. 20 runs isn't a lot to defend bowling the penultimate over in a T20 match, especially when the opposition has loads of wickets in hand.

Not to mention our best bowler (and an ATG) went for 37 runs in his 4 overs...
__________________
Dust That Sings
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:07 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
We've lost both matches because our batsmen had no clue what to do against AFG spinners. 20 runs isn't a lot to defend bowling the penultimate over in a T20 match, especially when the opposition has loads of wickets in hand.

Not to mention our best bowler (and an ATG) went for 37 runs in his 4 overs...
Even if it was 30 runs he would have lost it

He conceded 20 in 4 balls

20 off 12 Afghanistan is favourite, but not to win it in 4 balls
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:11 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

He sure isn’t the only reason for this defeat but he sure was against ind. but he is part of many reasons why BD lost today, again, you go for 20runs like that, dont you have any standards? He is garbage in this format and thats the fact. It’s the manner he gets smashed, all too easy as he bowls those bad balls either full pitched or short.

Again. Runs weren’t enough. Shakib played poor, batted sh.t bowled sh.t. Seniors didn’t use their heads as usual. Tomato carried rhe innings then got out when we needed him to see off rashid and take the pacers on last few overs. Sarkar is some passenger, plays like a khet wala who just picked a bat for the first time, got out when he too could’ve seen off rashid and waited to launch the pacers which Hider did and was successful. This will happen again. Soon. It’s a disease with this team, stuck for life.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:13 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
We've lost both matches because our batsmen had no clue what to do against AFG spinners. 20 runs isn't a lot to defend bowling the penultimate over in a T20 match, especially when the opposition has loads of wickets in hand.

Not to mention our best bowler (and an ATG) went for 37 runs in his 4 overs...

Yes our core players (batsman) are not explosive even in their good days.
And Yes our core players (bowlers) don't know how to bowl in T20.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:18 PM
goru's Avatar
goru goru is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 12, 2006
Location: jinjira
Favorite Player: James Bond
Posts: 2,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
He conceded 20 in 4 balls

20 off 12 Afghanistan is favourite, but not to win it in 4 balls
Well, in the last match Rubel bowled one of the last 3 overs. He gave 13, other two gave 19 and 20 runs each. I think we have reason to be concerned about our death bowling in general (especially considering Mustafiz v2.0 is basically a downgrade), but it wasn't really the reason we lost in either match!
__________________
Dust That Sings
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:20 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
He sure isn’t the only reason for this defeat but he sure was against ind. but again, u fo for 20runs like that, dont you have any standards? He is garbage in this format and thats the fact. It’s the manner he gets smashed, all too easy as he bowls those bad balls either full pitched or short.

Again. Runs weren’t enough. Shakib played poor, batted sh.t bowled sh.t. Seniors didn’t use their heads as usual. Tomato carried rhe innings then got out when we needed him to see off rashid and take the pacers on last few overs. Sarkar is some passenger, plays like a khet wala who just picked a bat for the first time, got out when he too could’ve seen off rashid and waited to launch the pacers which Hider did and was successful. This will happen again. Soon. It’s a disease with this team, stuck for life.
It's not a one off and this isn't a knee jerk reaction thread

Shakib is a mediocre captain and had an awful game which contributed to the loss, but one offs happen

Rubel clearly isn't good enough for 3/4 of the game
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:27 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

Ok maanlam (agreed) that Rubel shouldn't be picked up in T20. But still he is in the team. Who is to be blamed for that? Rubel (but cannot select himself), Sakib (the captain) and/or Selector?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:36 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ok maanlam (agreed) that Rubel shouldn't be picked up in T20. But still he is in the team. Who is to be blamed for that? Rubel (but cannot select himself), Sakib (the captain) and/or Selector?
Selectors are sh1te

Ffs what's jayed and Abul doing in the team, some posters on here kept arguing with me when I said he wasn't good enough saying how would I know, you can tell these guys aren't good enough, nothing about them looks good

Rubel is the only one that looks good when he's bowling well
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:41 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Selectors are sh1te

Ffs what's jayed and Abul doing in the team, some posters on here kept arguing with me when I said he wasn't good enough saying how would I know, you can tell these guys aren't good enough, nothing about them looks good

Rubel is the only one that looks good when he's bowling well
Fans doesn't select the team. So it doesn't really matter what is their preference (of players).

The selectors select the final 14 team and the captain select the final 11. So the blame for selecting non-performers goes to the Captain (and Selectors).
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 5, 2018, 01:45 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Fans doesn't select the team. So it doesn't really matter what is their preference (of players).

The selectors select the final 14 team and the captain select the final 11. So the blame for selecting non-performers goes to the Captain (and Selectors).
Captain doesn't select the 11

Coach selects 11 with input from captain

That's how it works, hence mashrafe and hathuru fell out at times
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 5, 2018, 02:01 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Captain doesn't select the 11

Coach selects 11 with input from captain

That's how it works, hence mashrafe and hathuru fell out at times
So its still haturu's fault?

Captain select final 11. Haturu interfered in some cases (not all) and that's when the conflict started. (Check what Papon said about that).

Now that Haturu is gone for a while now, that conflict is also gone. I am 100% sure the current team is selected by Sakib not by acting head coach.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 5, 2018, 02:39 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 11,692

Rubel does well in ODIs when the ball is 30 overs old. He does not have the control in t20.

Should be dropped in future t20 games
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 5, 2018, 02:47 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 25,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Rubel does well in ODIs when the ball is 30 overs old. He does not have the control in t20.

Should be dropped in future t20 games
It's impossible for the ball to be 30 overs old in ODIs. They use two balls in every inning, one from each end.

The rule changed a while back
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 5, 2018, 02:52 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 11,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
It's impossible for the ball to be 30 overs old in ODIs. They use two balls in every inning, one from each end.

The rule changed a while back
Ok 25 overs then. But my main point was Rubel has better control over the ball as it is older
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 5, 2018, 02:56 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 25,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Ok 25 overs then. But my main point was Rubel has better control over the ball as it is older
I got your point.

The white balls tend to deteriorate faster than the red ones,...so a 15-20 over old white ball can be equivalent to a 45-50 overs old red ball.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 5, 2018, 03:38 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So its still haturu's fault?

Captain select final 11. Haturu interfered in some cases (not all) and that's when the conflict started. (Check what Papon said about that).

Now that Haturu is gone for a while now, that conflict is also gone. I am 100% sure the current team is selected by Sakib not by acting head coach.
That's not how it ever worked

Mashrafe once even complained he wasn't having enough say in final 11

BCB board even said once hathuru shouldn't complain about selection as he is one of selectors and he picks the final 11

A captain doesn't have the much power, Hider bowled under Shakib and you think he would pick guys ahead of him?
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 5, 2018, 05:13 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

I miss those days when a certain Al Amin Hossain would pick up wickets in pairs during death overs
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket