facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2018, 06:19 PM
Street Cricketer

Default BC biggest problem: do the players even care?

First, I'd like to apologize to the fans posters and mods here for the lengthy post.

Hello all, I usually prefer being a lurker and just reading the comments, more then posting (I posted a couple of times on this site in the past) as this site is one of my favorite sites to come to (outside of boxing fourms) to read and see what people are thinking of BD cricket. After Sunday and today (Tuesday) (I'm in USA so going by US time) game the FFS (frustrated fan syndrome) changed to furious fan syndrome, and I feel the need to type this. Don't know if this is really a sticky worthy thread or not.

Whenever I watch sports (especially in USA) and even other leagues (like english premier league and european sports) I can see players getting frustrated, mad, and even get in trouble for their stupid actions. But what I can always see is THOSE GUYS want it they are going for it 100 percent trying to win the game, whether it's for country, club, pride as a man or whatever it is.

I feel like whenever I watch these guys play THEY DON'T CARE as long as they get their paycheck and go back to their cuddle worthy pampered homes.

I don't think changing board members like Papon, bringing in new players, or even asking Hasina can save these idiots.

This is a prime example from the independent BD newspaper website from first T20.

"Shakib however later explained as to why he didn’t choose spinners to bowl again: “It's a tough decision (not to hand Riyad the ball). If I had given him one more over and he had gone for a few sixers, you would have asked me why I gave him the ball and not the regular bowlers.”"

REALLY? instead of having a spine and taking a risk as a captain (like you did by bringing Dullah and Mosa in the first place) you choose to run away instead of going for the kill.

Who cares if that back fires, atleast have the guts/spine to take a risk, if you go out on your shield you go out on your shield but atleast give a damn about winning the match.

I think the BD fans on this board and in BD will give a better fight then these guys, even if they go 8 overs 10 runs and all 10 wickets lost atleast they will give a damn and give 100 percent.

I don't think these guys care, they don't have the heart, the passion, the effort and the guts to go the extra mile that other countries and teams are willing to go through to win games and matches.

As a fan of any sport team or even any players, I should NEVER EVER have the right to question your HEART as a player, but these guys clearly don't have heart.

The fact that there is even a thread asking Mash back is disgraceful and shows the current state of BD players. The fact that they need a 35 year old semi-retired broken down bowler with 20 operations to LEAD this team and bring inspiration and effort to them. If they had 1/10 of the fight that Mash had as a player and a person BD cricket would be better as a whole.

*ends rant*

Old June 5, 2018, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh cricket is a mirror image of Bangladeshi society. Unprofessional, lazy, overly-sensitive, defensive, yet egotistic over village-grade achievements.

You can blame the team setup/administration, but really, you should first blame the prevalent culture in the country.
Old June 5, 2018, 06:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Well said laker81.
Old June 5, 2018, 08:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Bangladesh cricket is a mirror image of Bangladeshi society. Unprofessional, lazy, overly-sensitive, defensive, yet egotistic over village-grade achievements.

You can blame the team setup/administration, but really, you should first blame the prevalent culture in the country.
Well said. Change wont happen unless and until these basic things are fixed
Old June 6, 2018, 02:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

For me, the biggest disappointment was the Stark contrast in bodylanguage between the two sides. The Afghans had so much passion, pride and energy while our players looked like they were just there to participate coz it's their 9-5 job and they have no other choice. Except for Mash, who even after so many years and knee surgery plays the game for the love of the game itself like a kid and the pride of representing his country and grateful to his fans for supporting him. The Shakib and company just look like they are just doing a job coz they have no say in it. What surprises me more is the fact that even the newbies in the team lack the passion for the game and the thirst to succed, except maybe for Mominul Haque but they trashed him in the Test Team and maybe Tamim who likes competing against the best but T20 was never his format. This team is so boring to watch. if Bangladesh wasnt my country I would be supporting Afghanistan solely for their Wide-eyed passion for the sport. It's like for them Cricket is the girl they first fell in love with and will forever be in love with while our boys look like a bunch of jaded washed up heart broken old men who got rejected by their first love and then started whoring around coz they couldn't get serious and passionate about any other chick.

Last edited by dark mage; June 6, 2018 at 04:18 AM..
Old June 6, 2018, 04:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Kayes and Taskin disagree..

সাপোর্ট করেন ভাই। গাইল দিয়েন না। নিজের দেশের মানুষই তো। দেখতে খারাপ লাগে। খারাপ হতেই পারে। ইচ্ছা করে তো আর খারাপ করতেছে না। আজকে হচ্ছে না কাল হবে। নিজের চিন্তা ভাবনা থেকে একটু বাইরে এসে চিন্তা করেন। জিনিস গুলো সহজ হবে।

- Taskin Ahmed Tazim

People think cricket is very easy game.we know how much tough it is.we all players sacrifice many important things of our life only for cricket but public use bad words and think wrong about players.we don’t deserve this.- imrul Kayes vai

Go TIGERS GO...
Old June 6, 2018, 05:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
For me, the biggest disappointment was the Stark contrast in bodylanguage between the two sides. The Afghans had so much passion, pride and energy while our players looked like they were just there to participate coz it's their 9-5 job and they have no other choice. Except for Mash, who even after so many years and knee surgery plays the game for the love of the game itself like a kid and the pride of representing his country and grateful to his fans for supporting him. The Shakib and company just look like they are just doing a job coz they have no say in it. What surprises me more is the fact that even the newbies in the team lack the passion for the game and the thirst to succed, except maybe for Mominul Haque but they trashed him in the Test Team and maybe Tamim who likes competing against the best but T20 was never his format. This team is so boring to watch. if Bangladesh wasnt my country I would be supporting Afghanistan solely for their Wide-eyed passion for the sport. It's like for them Cricket is the girl they first fell in love with and will forever be in love with while our boys look like a bunch of jaded washed up heart broken old men who got rejected by their first love and then started whoring around coz they couldn't get serious and passionate about any other chick.
I think I will support AFG from now on. One can only support those uninterested, pride-less, passionless losers for so long.
Old June 6, 2018, 05:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
People think cricket is very easy game.we know how much tough it is.we all players sacrifice many important things of our life only for cricket but public use bad words and think wrong about players.we don’t deserve this.- imrul Kayes vai ������
Then dont play cricket. Do something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Kayes and Taskin disagree..

সাপোর্ট করেন ভাই। গাইল দিয়েন না। নিজের দেশের মানুষই তো। দেখতে খারাপ লাগে। খারাপ হতেই পারে। ইচ্ছা করে তো আর খারাপ করতেছে না। আজকে হচ্ছে না কাল হবে। নিজের চিন্তা ভাবনা থেকে একটু বাইরে এসে চিন্তা করেন। জিনিস গুলো সহজ হবে।

- Taskin Ahmed Tazim
Tumi eto out of box chinta korte paro dekhei khali short ball ar shot ball koro ar dhong maro brett leer moto -- lecture deoar dorkar nai, biya korcho, bou niya ghuru, cricket e je ar ki korba, jana ache amar
Old June 6, 2018, 05:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

They are paid to play well other sportsmen in the world get treated worse by the crowd. just ask the Spanish soccer players or English premier league footballers. And Taskin and Imrul starts complaining on social media. I get they sacrificed a lot. Even a waiter at a restaurant sacrifices a lot but since it's his bread and butter he doesn't get to complain when the customers complain. I should know coz I used to work part time in so many places. I get that they couldn't and they don't lose intentionally but why were their body language so bad? Why did it look so disinterested?

Last edited by dark mage; June 7, 2018 at 03:01 AM..
Old June 6, 2018, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

It's a very good rant my friend.

And you are like my sports fan clone. I too watch boxing, EPL and NBA, and I also follow the Bd cricket team.

Anyway, the board should care before the players do. Fact is, winning is not in the mission statement. It is all entertainment. The product now is unpredictable, can lose to Afg, can win one against Aus, can push India to the last ball. Good enough! They are happy with this. So the goal is to not go to the next level right now, because the current players have too many backers who are still enjoying this new found thrill of perchance success.

I am always 1 or 2 years ahead of this ish. See, I gave them a solution. To get rid of the locker room cancers like Rahim. Did not listen. They want to keep this product on the shelf for the masses to consume. Now, I want privatization of the sport! Yes. Lakers81, if they can do this one thing, you will see Bd break into top 5 ranking in the next two years. They must privatize. Board is blinded by nepotism, cronyism,corruption and incompetence. So they will not. Anyway, I am going to be an activist for privatization on here.
Old June 6, 2018, 09:24 PM
Street Cricketer

First, thanks guys for your replies and thoughts on this issue, want to reply back to some of the comments. Thank you to fazal as well.

First to cricket_king/rifat one. It's kind of sad that part of our society is like that, I am not sure if that's permeated through everywhere that "we" as bangladeshi's are or is it just a part of the general populous. I think they just got a point where it's okay to be lazy/unprofessional and just accept mediocrity throughout society, other cultures value greatness and challenges, hell if you have a far east asian parent and you get a A- they would go insane. The everyone gets a participation trophy is nauseating and until some of the fans that are like that makes excuses for these players, you guys might be right BD cricket can't fix itself, because with failure must come change and it's not coming.

Dark Mage, I agree the body language looks pathetic, the other team and their guys genuinely want it, it's like when a kid gets to go to the play ground the first time and they just want to soak in the entire experience, while BD looks more like the playground bully type where it's if they can't find something interesting or amusing it's boring, why is it like that, isn't getting paid enough, representing your country, and your pride as a FREAKING MAN good enough, what more motivation do you need, maybe your teammates to be rivals and try to push each other but that naturally happens in all other sports teams so why not BD. It's like the defeatist attitude is just cool, the lassez faire mentality has got to go with this team and they need to wake up and smell the coffee. I also agree with your comments in regards to the taskin/imrul sacrifice statements. Which I will follow up next.

Krishna, Taskin/Imrul comments are cop out comments, I understand they are making sacrifices but so are everyone else in life and yes I know that a athletes put in a lot of work at their craft, but IT IS LITERALLY THEIR JOB TO DO SO they are playing a kid's game and getting lots of money, experiences, participating in matches and games other dream about. So I don't want to hear that excuse from them, people in different more dangerous professions like the military and firefighters aren't being even 1/10 of these guys yet they are making lots of sacrifices as well. a mom and a dad that's in a poor village or city is working 50-60 hours a week off minimum wage just to send their kids to school to get a better education and then a better life for all, and then some of those same mom and dad work hard to get tickets to games to support these guys and in return these players literally spit right at those fans faces by not rewarding them by quitting on everyone around them.

ToBeFair, touche my friend, agree with your comment. Don't want to put the time in then GTFO of cricket Imrul/Taskin. People don't just want to see entertainment they want to see winners as well

Roey, will the board ever fix it though? Yes, entertainment is key and necessary, and to make a whole lot of money from it so you can get plenty of positive revenue and high net return but at what cost? When the board realizes the product is garbage and the fans starts to tune them out then who will go to the games, the board's mission statement better change if that's the case because they can't be living in this fantasy land forever.

Also on the players I agree, some of the so called "seniors" needs the boot just to send a message, really outside of Mash and Dullah (the only two players that are calm enough to have common sense) the rest can EFF OFF, Tamim great batter but too lazy to improve in other areas and doesn't display leadership skills, Rahim too childish immature, and egotistical, and let's not get me started with Shakib, yes best player BD ever produced, but probably the most selfish player I have seen in sports, cares more about his money and his stats.

On your last point about privatization, that is fine but who is willing to extend that olive branch, someone or some group has to raise their hand and say LOOK GUYS we will take control from the BCB and finance and take care of BD cricket, we want to win and we care to win. Like Chelsea with Roman or City with the arab owners.
Old June 6, 2018, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

And when Taskin went on his rant did he ever wonder why Mash still has so much support even when he gets smacked in the death overs? It's because fans aren't blind and they can see Mash pouring his heart out for the love of the sport and representing his country but spoiled brats like Taskin can't take being criticized? When he'd be nothing without the fans? Shakib and company have such big empty egos. At least Shakib in his early days hated to lose and thus he reached so far but people like Taskin/Imrul what have they achieved? And they have the audacity to criticize the fans?

@lakers81, thank you for your post. The thing you gotta understand though, and i am assuming that you are an American of Bangladeshi descent? I am an Australian but I lived the first 10 years of my life in Bangladesh, so I know that when you speak of the pride of a man, the culture there doesn't help a guy cultivate it, coz growing up they don't get to work part-time, live alone, move out, do their own laundry, their parents give them everything, they never have to worry about food on the table or a roof over their heads, or a boss yelling at them and hence they become softies without knowing what it's like to be a man or sparring against your mates growing up which doesn't breed competition or they don't have to fight to get a chick by competeing with other guys in a club, coz their moms arrange a girl for them and all they care about is an afternoon nap. I am generalising here but this is mostly the case.

Now compare our boys to the Afghans who don't even have a homeground, also growing up they had to work hard in the fields, or become a refugee in another land, surviving is on their mind, a Nation who fought off Russians, a Nation where the country is barren.

Then, you tell me our soft molly-coddled boys, do you think they have the psyche to be the very best? Coz they get satisfied with little, a win here a win there and they get apartments and cars and parents bring them their daughters. We bangladeshis are an emotional bunch and that's why that 71 happened but the thing with emotion is, it withers out with time but discipline and survival skills stays with you forever and so Afghans being mentally tougher than us, comes as a surprise?

Last edited by dark mage; June 7, 2018 at 02:00 AM..
Old June 7, 2018, 01:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Probably not.
1 they are not very good at at T20.
2 Fixing could well get a look in.

That said Afghanistan is a very decent T20 side,worthy of top 8,continue and they could be at top 4.
Old June 7, 2018, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Why they will care? In the last one year, they were given more power and freedom when they revolted against disciplinarian coach. They consistency under performing for last one year (or so) with no enforcement of accountability by BCB.

They have no reason to care. They have a big group of fans who will defend them if anyone talk about replacing them. They have no reason to care.... its like government job... once you are accepted as core player....who dares to remove you?