facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2018, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

In T20, is it a confidence issue? Or more than that like the acceptance of the reality that our core team (for T20) may not be good enough. In t20 batsman can get out cheaply once in a while, but should not get out cheaply consistently. And when its their's day, still they are not explosive enough.

A good bowler can have a bad over here and there, but if a experienced bowler have 3+ bad overs in a game, may be that bolwer is not good enough for this format.

Example:
Tamim stayed long enough and scored 43. But he wasted 47 balls. Created pressure to other batsman.
Shakib got out cheaply. No problem, it happens. but in the process he wasted 7 balls to score 3 runs.
Shakib and Rubel both experienced bowler bowled 4 below par overs each.

Old June 6, 2018, 11:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Either way our bowling has always been so boring to watch except for Mustafiz in his early days. We've never had a pacer who could swing the ball both ways at will, never had Express fast bowlers, or an off/leg spinner who can turn the ball and really rip it. All we ever had are some boring left armers. Shakib used to really rip the ball before but now he too doesn't turn the ball much.

After so many years in international cricket we still don't have a leggie or a swing bowler or a power hitting batsman who can hit the ball outta the stadium during the powerplays or at the end of the innings. No wonder we suck at T20s and Tests.

Take away our performing senior batsmen and you'd be left with a team worse than Nepal and they have the audacity of designating Mominul solely as a test bat and would rather pick hacks like Shabbir or Soumya or Nasir. By not playing Mominul in ODIs you're destroying his batting prospects even in test coz he is only left to compete with ordinary people in our local leagues. There is no vision among our selectors or other BCB officials and if things continue this way cricket too would spiral down to Football's sorry state in the country

Last edited by dark mage; June 7, 2018 at 02:46 AM..
Old June 7, 2018, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well after watching both Abu Haider and Jayed bowl, my verdict is they are both better than the likes of Shafiul, Al- Amin and Abul. If they got pace friendly conditions and a bit of experience under their belt they will come good for us.
Old June 7, 2018, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i think hider and jayed both deserve a long run
Old June 7, 2018, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

I would say Abu Hider and Subashis Roy have good seam presentation among the pacers.
Old June 7, 2018, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Hider looked better and bowled with aggression. Abu Jayed didn’t look that impressive
Old June 7, 2018, 02:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Jayed didnt look as impressive but I get the feeling he is the sort of bowler who can bowl according to the coach and captains game plan executing them perfectly as he demonstrated them in his two wickets today. We need bowlers who can ball according to a plan and the fieldplacing. But even without this Jayed is still definitely better than Shafiul, Al-Amin and Abul
Old June 7, 2018, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I did not see the last 2 matches but I saw Abu in 1st game.
I think we should persist with Hider, not so convinced with Abu eventhough tody his bowling figure looks impressive.
Old June 7, 2018, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Jayed didnt look as impressive but I get the feeling he is the sort of bowler who can bowl according to the coach and captains game plan executing them perfectly as he demonstrated them in his two wickets today. We need bowlers who can ball according to a plan and the fieldplacing. But even without this Jayed is still definitely better than Shafiul, Al-Amin and Abul
Why are you classing Al-Amin the same as Shafiul ?
Al-amin is our top bowler after Mash and Fizz. He doesn't get selected because of Shujon the chor. He has a personal vendetta against him
Old June 7, 2018, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Because i always thought Al-Amin got his wickets purely on luck. He never looked like he had anything special about him and he kinda used to Chuck and even I could see it with the naked eye. But yeah he deserved more chances since he was getting wickets and certainly didn't deserve the treatment he got from the team management

And our top bowler after Fizz and Mash has always been Rubel. he might suck in tests but Rubels stats in ODIs back him up and he single- handedly won us matches with some amazing spells. People tend to forget Rubels contribution just because he got smacked at the end of the innings
Old June 7, 2018, 10:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Abu Jayed has decent variations but he has lost a lot of pace since his Under 19 days....There was a point in time when Abu Jayed can occasionally crank it up to 140 kph.. not sure what happened to him. In the U-19 world cup, he did remove Australian openers in quick succession with his skill. I have always been a big fan of Abu Jayed. let's see if he improves. there are some work that he needs to do offseason to increase his pace.
Old June 7, 2018, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

qazi anik is another great prospect
Old June 7, 2018, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
qazi anik is another great prospect
Worth keeping an eye on yeasin and shoriful as well, qazi has played a few more matches than those two though, and he’s still doing well so definitely a solid prospect though watching him in the u19 WC I didn’t see anything particularly special about him. Can’t argue numbers though, he’s done well so far that’s for sure, then again saifuddin had good numbers before international debut, taskin was a revelation...
Old June 8, 2018, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well after watching both Abu Haider and Jayed bowl, my verdict is they are both better than the likes of Shafiul, Al- Amin and Abul. If they got pace friendly conditions and a bit of experience under their belt they will come good for us.
Al amin is a level above the
and, easily.

I don't know what you were watching

Old June 8, 2018, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Because i always thought Al-Amin got his wickets purely on luck. He never looked like he had anything special about him and he kinda used to Chuck and even I could see it with the naked eye. But yeah he deserved more chances since he was getting wickets and certainly didn't deserve the treatment he got from the team management

And our top bowler after Fizz and Mash has always been Rubel. he might suck in tests but Rubels stats in ODIs back him up and he single- handedly won us matches with some amazing spells. People tend to forget Rubels contribution just because he got smacked at the end of the innings
He didn't chuck, it was hyperextension, you could see it from side view, naked eye can't tell full image from one angle, that's why he never failed a test

And luck?

Luck doesn't exist for so long against top opposition, he didn't get wickets using luck, he got wickets by doing the basics right, he bowled aggressively and often at the stumps, he had good bounce, good speed, excellent leg cutter, seam movement and he was always bowled aggressive backing it up with an excellent bouncer

Old June 8, 2018, 02:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Wasn't the reason Al-Amin doesn't get selected is because of his discipline issue?
Old June 8, 2018, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Wasn't the reason Al-Amin doesn't get selected is because of his discipline issue?
That's my understanding

Old June 8, 2018, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Al amin’s discipline should’ve been sorted then he should’ve got more matches in shorter formats, could’ve got more in tests though he did look quite toothless in the tests I saw him bowling (stats suggest that as well) but have to say he probably beat the bat more than any other BD pacer in the shorter formats, needed to translate it into his test game.

Weird though, plenty of BD players have had discipline issues I mean sabbir slapping a child still plays so what’s really happened with al amin?