facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 23, 2018, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
So your big argument here is you're ok with him eating up 150 balls making 90 each time and am the one making a ridicilous statement here? Ha!
Try that with bigger teams with better batsmen, win ratio will stay where it is atm.
Godzilla you are talking ridiculous because you are making up numbers to fit your narrative.

Tamim scored 130 in 160 balls.. strike rate of 81.

Fact: He hit the most 6s in the game
Fact: His strike rate is the second highest in the whole game for player who played faced atleast 20 balls...the first.. WI tail ender who somehow got lucky enough to manage 21 balls.
Fact: You little Mushy cameo that you all think deseversed MOM lasted 11 balls. He was OUT. Even if there were more balls to play, he would have added a whopping 0 at a strike rate of 0.

Tamims style of play has always been in most of his big scores, he starts slow accumulates and then later accelerates significantly. you are saying now no one is blaming him for his batting till 40th over but i read here posts regarding tamim and shakib how slow they were even in the begining of play without regard to the pitch condition. There is hardly any batter in our team who is more capable of scoring at a faster rate than a set Tamim in latter overs. And he also proved that last 2 overs. And stop saying we have 9 wickets left at 40 overs... you should say we had 2 batters left capable of scoring at high strike rate at that time. One of them already got out.. that leaves you with only 1 batsman mahmudildo who is a hit or a miss guy.

And lastly WI is not a small team in their own den. Don't talk like a newbie. Bigger teams haha... their team is full short format beasts batting wise where tamim outscore at a higher rate than all of them.

It felt frustrating for many of you because you all were chasing an unnecessary 300+ score in a 240 pitch.

All of the ppl who is blaming Tamim, legit thought WI batters were gonna reach the total sparing 10 overs or so...

You all sound ridiculous.

Old July 23, 2018, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Tamim scored 44 in 31 balls from overs 40 to 50. that's a strike rate of 142. Name the batsmen in our team who can last 10 overs and play at a higher strike rate than that?

Sabbir : got out
Mushi:got out

Name the rest please. Show me the wickets.
After Mahmudullah

These were your options:

Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman
Old July 23, 2018, 05:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Well done, Bangladesh...Tamim, Shakib and Mortaza did well, in particular.

As for the West Indies, it just goes to show that good T20 cricketers and good Test cricketers don't necessarily make good 50-overs players.
Old July 23, 2018, 06:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

shukriya koren miya ra.

But I do agree Tamim should have accelerated from over 35-40

Nevertheless, it's all about winning, had we lost this match then Tamim's approach would have been criticized, but an experienced Tamim/Sakib must have realized it is a 250 pitch and that they need to stay till the very end.
So it was responsible from these two, and a big slap to those who keep saying Tamim gets tired after 50 ,Tamim is unfit for longer innings, the way he changed gears after was remarkable, only I wish he had done that earlier.
Also I think opposition matters if we were playing against Ind or Eng then we would be forced to aim big, score quicker.
Old July 23, 2018, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

I saw Mosadek give some peach deliveries which pitched on middle and then spin away from the batsman defence in the opposite direction
Old July 23, 2018, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
In real sense he is already a Legend of or Bangladesh team. Healthy seniors don’t give the effort he does. He outshines so many of the pacers!

If only some of the likes of Shakib and Tamim would learn from his captaincy
You can learn to be a good captain in terms of tactics, but you can't just turn yourself into a leader

Mashrafe is only a decent tactician, it's his leadership of men that takes him apart

Old July 23, 2018, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

It was almost as if the 7th and 9th ranked team were playing each other.
Old July 23, 2018, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Bangladesh won?

Didn’t thing I’d see this day, this year... the way it was going..

Wohoo... hurrayyy ..!!

Congratulations tigers where’s the celebration thread !!
Old July 23, 2018, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
It was almost as if the 7th and 9th ranked team were playing each other.
I can only imagine what a torture it was for you to watch Mushfiq hitting bowlers all over the park while everyone else was struggling to score :P
Old July 24, 2018, 12:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I can only imagine what a torture it was for you to watch Mushfiq hitting bowlers all over the park while everyone else was struggling to score :P
Such torture will continue because I foresee Mushy playing for 5 more years inShaAllah.
Old July 24, 2018, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I used to say if Mushy doesn't bat at 3 then Shakib should bat at 3. And glad that is working out. It is now an opportunity to blood BD's future #3 and put them down the order in ODIs.

That means Shanto/Mosaddek need to be in the team. Because when Mushy/Shakib/Tamim all retire it will be way too big of a hit for BD cricket. Literally all the key positions in the team will be up for grabs.

So they need to slowly phase in our top order batsman of the future. Kohli played down the order for India when he started out international cricket. Same as Steve Smith. So the same needs to be done with the likes of Mosaddek and Shanto ASAP.

Slowly phase in these youngsters and think long term instead of throwing the youngsters in the deep end when our experienced players retire!
Old July 24, 2018, 06:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Kohli in ODIs has played less than 10 innings outside of the top 4 so he didn’t really play that much lower down the order. But I agree youngsters need to be developed, Liton needs more t8me, shanto would b introduced, mosaddek especially in tests has to be given opportunities.
Old July 24, 2018, 07:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Seems like this game didn't get much coverage here. Everyone, including me, seems to be very busy these days. I was actually surprised they won this game, and that too convincingly, so it would be interesting to see if they can replicate this in the next one. Or maybe the Windies were complacent. It was actually a fine 100 from Tamim.
Old July 24, 2018, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

I didn't write anything during the match as I was glued to the test cricket Tamim & Shakib were playing.

But I don't have any problem with that especially when the pitch was sluggish, balls were holding up or spinning a mile and BAN had a terrible run through the test series. Yes, the said batsmen could have accelerated little more during/since the 40th over; but that was a minor issue on such a pitch where anything over 250 would be a challenge to chase. The little cameo that Mushy pulled out was also for the platform Tamim-Shak built. The rest was done by our captain. However, this again worries me that none of the young players showed any character. It's again Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Mullah or Mash.

To me, Tamim & Mash both combined deserve the MoM.
Old July 24, 2018, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
Seems like this game didn't get much coverage here. Everyone, including me, seems to be very busy these days. I was actually surprised they won this game, and that too convincingly, so it would be interesting to see if they can replicate this in the next one. Or maybe the Windies were complacent. It was actually a fine 100 from Tamim.
Those who were here were posting.
Old July 24, 2018, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

So anyone going to discuss the move Mushy made behind the stumps?

Miraz rapped Gayle on the pads. He appeals. He seems convinced that he's got his man. Mushy, without hesitation decided against going for the review. Captain Mash was going with Mushy's inference but looked ambivalent. He was now asking his bowler what he thought. Miraz appeared to have changed his mind after Mushy's take.

It was bizarre in real time.
Old July 24, 2018, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp

Miraz rapped Gayle on the pads. He appeals. He seems convinced that he's got his man. Mushy, without hesitation decided against going for the review. Captain Mash was going with Mushy's inference but looked ambivalent. He was now asking his bowler what he thought. Miraz appeared to have changed his mind after Mushy's take.

By looking at Mash's gesture and bit of leap-reading, I think he was telling Miraz to be confident on his appeal. If he was confident enough, Mash would go for the review bypassing whatever Mushy (a good batsman but the worst keeper) thought.

On a side note, I hope you guys already noticed that Mushy often doesn't move much for a leg-side delivery. He could be either incompetent or lazy or deliberate (which I doubt). Whichever the case is, if the ball hits the pad, it perhaps helps the bowler to get an LBW as the umpire sees the keeper on the line.
Old July 24, 2018, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO Mushfiqur should not interfere with lbw decisions as the bowler usually has the best view.

Mehedy obviously respected his senior Mushfiqur’s advice, but in international cricket when making a lbw decision you should go with your instincts as a bowler.
Old July 24, 2018, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

We rarely do things that are inconsistent with our identity, beliefs, and habits. To save energy, we are often reluctant to change our habits, especially bad ones. Such bad habits include biased thinking patterns. These patterns lead to cognitive errors, limiting our choice of actions in life, especially in professional life. Regular homo sapiens does not eagerly find ways to challenge it's preconceived beliefs. Einstein used to. Elon Musk tries.
Old July 24, 2018, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
IMO Mushfiqur should not interfere with lbw decisions as the bowler usually has the best view.

Mehedy obviously respected his senior Mushfiqur’s advice, but in international cricket when making a lbw decision you should go with your instincts as a bowler.
According to all cricket players wicketkeeper has the best view to judge, Mushfiq just messed it up, error in execution rather than method in my opinion

Old July 24, 2018, 02:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp

Miraz actually looked confused when Mashrafe asked him for the review. You don't review when your bowler says he doesn't know.
Old July 24, 2018, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
According to all cricket players wicketkeeper has the best view to judge, Mushfiq just messed it up, error in execution rather than method in my opinion
What’s the source that all cricket players say this? If the wicket keeer has the best view, how can he see the impact from behind the stumps? According to your logic umpire should stay behind the stumps for the “best view” to judge😁

Last edited by adamnsu; July 24, 2018 at 03:29 PM..
Old July 24, 2018, 03:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Miraz actually looked confused when Mashrafe asked him for the review. You don't review when your bowler says he doesn't know.
He was convinced until Mushy pulled out. He's a junior.
Old July 24, 2018, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
We rarely do things that are inconsistent with our identity, beliefs, and habits. To save energy, we are often reluctant to change our habits, especially bad ones. Such bad habits include biased thinking patterns. These patterns lead to cognitive errors, limiting our choice of actions in life, especially in professional life. Regular homo sapiens does not eagerly find ways to challenge it's preconceived beliefs. Einstein used to. Elon Musk tries.
Good points. This is especially prevalent in Eastern culture where the status quo is firmly in place.