facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 25, 2018, 09:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Liton Das.

Old July 25, 2018, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Taskin had his share of hype when he took that 5 wickets on debut
Old July 25, 2018, 09:57 AM
Cricket Sage

.... but .... but.... his looks is not over hyped. He is good looking. The girls should go after him instead of Nasir. nasir's looks is over hyped.
Old July 25, 2018, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
.... but .... but.... his looks is not over hyped. He is good looking. The girls should go after him instead of Nasir. nasir's looks is over hyped.

I think another over hyped player is Ariful
Old July 25, 2018, 12:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Hype er dekso ki,

Old July 25, 2018, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ at his salutes

That's the only thing I understand
Old July 25, 2018, 12:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Riyad ... ar century elo na...
Old July 25, 2018, 12:57 PM
Test Cricketer

The most over hyped player was Anamul Haque , we all had high hopes hearing stories of him bullying U19 and Domestic bowlers , people thought he was going to be the first player from BD who will average 50+ in test matches . But international cricket has exposed him.

That 50+ test average seems a distant dream now

Unless Liton and Taskin do something they are the next in line of the hyped up players who didn't end up doing much
Old September 1, 2018, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Lol, Mossadek Hossain, I know, his fans will probably publicly lynch me, but this guy has done nothing of note, and has been riding on his FC average for the months if not a year.

Seems like "Brain of a Forty Year Old" is good at harassing for dowries.

Utterly pathetic.
Old September 1, 2018, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Moss's hype is justified. His domestic averages are very impressive. This scandal is a bigger blow to bangla cricket than many realize.
Old September 4, 2018, 05:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Tamim. I said it.
Old September 4, 2018, 05:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

A tremendous Bangladeshi batsman vs THE tremendous batsman.

Pretty sure we know which part of Venn diagram Tamim is.
Old November 8, 2018, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

The Snowman
Old November 8, 2018, 02:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Dunno about any recent hyped BC player but the most hyped player in Bangladesh is the "complete package"
Old November 9, 2018, 04:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Dunno about any recent hyped BC player but the most hyped player in Bangladesh is the "complete package"
I hope that's sarcasm , Complete Package statement came from Habibul Bashar and Minhajul Abedin Nannu , not sure if anyone else hyped him up in BD
Old November 9, 2018, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

That Santo kid has to be added to the list. People are still going gaga gogo over his under 10 runs each innings performance. As if he is the savior of BD cricket ...
Old November 9, 2018, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Shanto has been very disappointing. We can't give him 10 years unfettered run in the team to get his average above 30, a la Rahim. Any joe schmoe can turn themselves into a decent bat if given 10 Frikin years to prove themselves.
Old November 9, 2018, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Shanto has play played a grand total of 5 international matches, how about giving him sometime to adjust to international cricket? Sure can’t give players 10 years but the speed at which players lose their backing here is pretty ludacris at times.

Need I remind all the cornerstones of the BD team atm have haded many many more chances than we are giving the current youngsters. I’m talking about mash, mushy, shakib, Tamim, riyad, imrul.

Imrul is still only averaging 26 in tests and got to play the last one. Riyad’s average has now dipped to under 30 and he captained the last match.

The sad truth is BD domestic cricket isn’t up to scratch (don’t worry too much, it’s the same in most countries atm), A team cricket is barely existent which with the state of domestic cricket is absolutely cricital for BD players, then on top of that our idea of backing a new incoming players is just about 2 matches and if they don’t perform then they suck as bad as anyone could suck.

At this point if BD are to be a good team, certainly a good test team, then there is no choice but to back some players for an extended period of time. As said, domestic cricket isn’t a good enough standard and A team cricket barely exists, where do you expect the players to develop and improve?

It’s not ideal but that’s how things are atm, no point sugar coating it, no point ignoring it, no point saying well players shouldn’t be developing in the national team.

Firstly yes, yes players should develop in international cricket, the reason the greats stick around so long and have such great careers is because they are constantly learning, developing and evolving.

Secondly, if domestic cricket isn’t good enough and there isn’t enough A team cricket then where will the players develop? I’m not saying how can the system be revamped, I’m looking at things right now as they are since we have no power to make the changes ourselves, things may be like this for a long time. So, as it is right now domestic cricket let’s us see players who are talented, also let’s us see ones who can be consistent but that’s all it can do (quality isn’t good enough to know if they can do it at the international level). It can’t develop players because the quality isn’t good enough, and without A team cricket players have no where to develop against the quality of opposition they need to play against to develop into better players.

I’d also say look at other test nations, they are also struggling, their domestic structures are also lacking, a lot of them are starting to debut young talent. Shaheen shah afridi, Ollie Pope, Sam curran, prithvi shaw, kuldeep yadav (bit older but he was young when he first came around a couple of years ago), aiden Markram (same as kuldeep). Look at Markram and how he’s going in ODIs, SA haven’t given up on him.

Things could be worse, australia is bringing in players with years of experience and look at how they’re going.
Old November 9, 2018, 05:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Nothing will improve in Test I fear. Players will be happy attending grand opening of restaurants and consuming “chorbidar biriyani”
Old November 9, 2018, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Anyone who is calling out Shanto clearly has no knowledge about cricket.

Some BC fans are 10000x worse than our selectors lmao.
Old November 10, 2018, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Tushar Imran.
Old November 10, 2018, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

I still maintain Liton Das is over-rated. He has a massive deficiency in his defence and finding gaps which he clearly has not shown any sign of improving. He can smack around inferior domestic bowlers in F.C cricket but when it comes to International cricket, he will get found out. Put him in T20 squad but keep him out of ODI and test squad.
Old November 10, 2018, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Shanto has play played a grand total of 5 international matches, how about giving him sometime to adjust to international cricket? Sure can’t give players 10 years but the speed at which players lose their backing here is pretty ludacris at times.
I don't want him dropped. I am just saying, so far it has not been good. Especially in light of the fact that other guys Bd have fielded recently have gotten off to better starts (Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek).

Our problem recently has been batsmen's form tapering off after good starts. Now the solution to that is not to continue the Rahim era policy of giving players 10 years to get their averages past 30. That is just too much! Need a better solution than that since Bd is now a better team.

Questions should be asked after 2 years, if the average is still below 30.

I want the team to have these benchmarks. Numbers can really help a team to understand if they are achieving their objectives or not.
Old November 10, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I don't want him dropped. I am just saying, so far it has not been good. Especially in light of the fact that other guys Bd have fielded recently have gotten off to better starts (Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek).

Our problem recently has been batsmen's form tapering off after good starts. Now the solution to that is not to continue the Rahim era policy of giving players 10 years to get their averages past 30. That is just too much! Need a better solution than that since Bd is now a better team.

Questions should be asked after 2 years, if the average is still below 30.

I want the team to have these benchmarks. Numbers can really help a team to understand if they are achieving their objectives or not.
Roey my friend, my post was not directed towards you, for the most part you are a quality poster on here with sound logic and reasoning behind you’re thinking.

I just find it frustrating when there is hugely inconsistent selection policy, a lack of patience with talent and people defend it.

Look at the number 3 in the ODI team since shakib got injured. I’ll list them starting from the beginning of Asia cup: shakib, shakib, shakib, mithun, mominul, imrul, fazle, fazle, soumya.

Now that’s some inconsistent team selection. Not only is the number 3 spot being selected inconsistently but imrul, soumya and mithun have also played other matches within this 9 match span so it shows the inconsistency of selection of positions for the entire playing xi in this group of matches.

Take into consideration soumya and imrul had played a significant amount of matches before the Asia cup so why are they playing all over the order? Fair enough if you bring them back to try them in another position, but if you want to try them at 7 or 5 then do it, not for one match but properly give them some matches down there. Where are the6 now? Back at the top of th order after one maybe two matches playing lower down.

But back on topic, Tushar Imran is on the hype train right now. Btw I see nothing wrong with hyping a player, if some is playing well then they deserve some praise, but just because they get that praise does not mean people are googoo Gaga over them or that people think they’ll be a saviour. of course if someone is doing well and deserves a run and those in the team are poor people are going to lobby for that player doing well to be given some chances, my belief is that if you take that step to give them chances then give them a proper chance, otherwise you’ve just wasted matches and coaching and facilities on someone for no reason.
Old November 10, 2018, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

Take into consideration soumya and imrul had played a significant amount of matches before the Asia cup so why are they playing all over the order? Fair enough if you bring them back to try them in another position, but if you want to try them at 7 or 5 then do it, not for one match but properly give them some matches down there. Where are the6 now? Back at the top of th order after one maybe two matches playing lower down
I agree with you in some degree about inconsistency in team selection, often players being shifted around the batting order without any apparent reason. However, imo, the management should be given credit for putting Imrul at #6 against AFG. Main threat against AFG was Rashid-Mujib, and Imrul is known as a good player of spin. Moreover, Rashid-Mujib were his teammates in Comilla during BPL. The move worked brilliantly, and helped Imrul gain back his spot in the team.

I thought it was natural that Shanto lost his spot after three miserable failures, and both Imrul and Soumya gained back their top order spots. You can't fail so miserably matches after matches and expect to still survive. I know even Shakib-Tamim-Mushfiq were inconsistent in their early days, but still none were this miserable.