facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 12, 2005, 08:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by kaisermatin
Why India is now afraid to host BD? Because they will lose big time. And they know it., very well. BD is strong from playing England and Australia in England. We should fight all the way with Sri Lanka. At least a draw in a test will put us in good position and a one day win against the Lankans. TiGERS need to ROAR!
I am trying to understand this.

Will India avoid other countries too ? Will they shut their airports as Sri Lanka is due to visit later this year ?

How did they play Australia, England etc. without being scared ? Were they under anaesthesia ? Why be scared only of Bangladesh ?

Or are you trying to say that they wouldnt mind losing to countries like Australia, England and Sri Lanka becasue they are recognised cricket playing countries but they would mind losing to Bangladesh as it would be an insult to lose to you ? If you are, you are letting down your own country, vicariously. Now, don't do that.

When Bangladesh plays Sri Lanka, I won't be surprised if they produce wins. Cricket is like that; like the young, inexperienced (but gutty) West Indians beating Sri Lanka only a few days back. If you have decent cricketing abilities, on your day you will beat the best team on earth and it won't be just a flash in the pan. Your victory over Australia wasn't.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 1:03 PM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 1:06 PM GMT, by abherath.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 2:02 PM GMT, by abherath.

Old August 12, 2005, 08:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

well said my abherath!!
i donno y these guys bring india in evry discussion??
if u can beat the our team it is fine!!
u ppl overrate bd team a lot!!
theres a sayin u must know :empty vessels makes more noice!"
if i m not wrong u ppl do da same n by doin dat u ppl pile up the pressure on urselves!
i know bd has beaten the likes of aus,ind,pak but dat doesn't means u can do it every time!!u've time to compete against those gud teams!:bald:

so guyz dont exaggerate!
Old August 12, 2005, 08:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

i meant my friend aberath!
Old August 12, 2005, 09:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by be_friend_13
i meant my friend aberath!
No problem.

In Sri Lanka we respect Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cricket. When India plays Australia, we support you guys !!!

I think this country-bashing should not be tolerated on this site. It is my opinion and the moderator, of course, has the final say.

Edited on, August 12, 2005, 2:08 PM GMT, by abherath.
Old August 12, 2005, 09:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

n now u see no moderator takin action against kaisermatin!!

this is bcoz the moderators do the same!!wot can u xpect?
Old August 12, 2005, 09:52 AM
Test Cricketer

I have personal memories in Zimbabwe and saw that cricket is not as popular as football or even Rugby. Especially among the black community who are by far the majority. But their infrastructures are better. I am not saying that they got big stadiums but even school levels they have play grounds. Their only problem at this moment is politics and donít really blame Mugabe without knowing the history of Zimbabwe and main causes of tension between west and Zim. I visit that country and saw myself the misery of black people in the hands of white, the inequity of land distribution between black and white. Blacks were living like refugees in their own country while white commercial farmers were flying their own airplanes.

Itís really ridiculous to see few of our members suggesting striping test status from Zimbabwe and on the other hands getting very red when Mr. Boycott saying so about us. Truly speaking what sort of better result we have in test matches than Zimbabwe?
Only thing which is protecting us is the power of Asian lobby in ICC and support from Zim.

I personally feel that if Zimbabwe is thrown out of test cricket our status will also be in deep red.
Old August 14, 2005, 11:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by istiak
I have personal memories in Zimbabwe and saw that cricket is not as popular as football or even Rugby. Especially among the black community who are by far the majority. But their infrastructures are better. I am not saying that they got big stadiums but even school levels they have play grounds. Their only problem at this moment is politics and donít really blame Mugabe without knowing the history of Zimbabwe and main causes of tension between west and Zim. I visit that country and saw myself the misery of black people in the hands of white, the inequity of land distribution between black and white. Blacks were living like refugees in their own country while white commercial farmers were flying their own airplanes.

Itís really ridiculous to see few of our members suggesting striping test status from Zimbabwe and on the other hands getting very red when Mr. Boycott saying so about us. Truly speaking what sort of better result we have in test matches than Zimbabwe?
Only thing which is protecting us is the power of Asian lobby in ICC and support from Zim.

I personally feel that if Zimbabwe is thrown out of test cricket our status will also be in deep red.
Well said.

We need to help and encourage Zimbabwe at this difficult time.