facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

6Alltheway...
In my opinion, the 2 tier system you are talking about would be helpful for our domestic cricket structure ONLY. I am sure I am not the only one on this board who feels that our non-existent domestic cricket scene is partly to blame for our inconsistencies between series.

The point is, all of the top 9 countries have some sort of domestic structure in place which allows them to assemble their national team from a large pool of players from different domestic teams. Manjrekar himself said that SL can pick from at least 50 "qualified" players to replace anyone from their national team on any given day.

I think the 2 tier system would work very well for a domestic league structure in BD to bring competition to the system...and therefore give some of the local players the format to prove themselves.

One problem may be that we probably don't have the local coaching talent to strengthen league teams. We would probably have to bring foreign coaches to equip the local teams. Our once glorious football teams still have the money to bring in foreign players and coaches by the dozen for the domestic teams and I think that if BCB can establish a dozen strong league teams with its existing listed players...it can afford to bring in a few foreign coaches for those teams as well.

Old September 15, 2005, 11:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
Quote:
Originally posted by rohitha
" (beating India, Australia in last 10 months).... " look, the sooner you guys stop talking about these two isolated wins the better it is for BD cricket.
why win against australia and india have to be isolated? can you give any reason?

Edited on, September 15, 2005, 10:09 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Winning agiant Aus was indeed great. There is no question about that. But these are wins which are few are far inbetween. If BD can consistenatly beat lesser teams like India and WI on a consistant basis, then that's something that BD fans should start shouting about.

If u give a blindman 100 darts, sure he is hoing to hit one or two. Does that make him a darts Champion?

Remember that the Aussies are a class act and they are light years ahead of BD. Obviously they will choke once in a while coz they too are human. But saying "we beat the Aussies, we beat the Aussies" will only cover the deep rooted problems that plague BD Cricket.

I can understand your elation in beating Aus but try to see the bigger picture here. If you can see it then BD Cricket will be on sound footing. Unfortunately I don't think many in BD see it that way.
Old September 16, 2005, 04:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ZunaidH
6ALLTHEWAY;

I am almost tempted to crack some jokes at you. But I shall refrain. You are inherently talking about a 2 tier system which so many people in the world want to put us in.

And you are asking for reply. You should be happy that you have not been in the ban list yet. Now count your blessings and move on man (or woman)!
you lot cant face the hars reality of how **** we really are!! you just want to us seen playing big teams so it gives every bangla cricket fan the illusion of us being somewhere top in international sport. how pathetic.
Old September 16, 2005, 11:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

O smart one! Its time you moved on to a place where people were less dillusional eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY
Quote:
6ALLTHEWAY;

I am almost tempted to crack some jokes at you. But I shall refrain. You are inherently talking about a 2 tier system which so many people in the world want to put us in.

And you are asking for reply. You should be happy that you have not been in the ban list yet. Now count your blessings and move on man (or woman)!
you lot cant face the hars reality of how shoot we really are!! you just want to us seen playing big teams so it gives every bangla cricket fan the illusion of us being somewhere top in international sport. how pathetic.
Old September 16, 2005, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
If BD can consistenatly beat lesser teams like India and WI on a consistant basis, then that's something that BD fans should start shouting about.
Can you explain your statement rohitha ? in what way . hahaha you gave me a good laugh.

Neways on the topic, 6Alltheway, you are suggesting a 2 tier system as pointed out by other posters. Now with the ICC scheduling, each team gets to play the other over a period of few years. They have points and ranking, as and when a team performs consistent throughout the period they climb up the ladder. This ladder is used to make the world cup draws too.

Staying on your point of view too, just think as if Bangladesh is in League 1 now. Bangladesh being granted test status is in itself a promotion, dont you think so ? well there are no relegations but if we keep performing badly we will always be in the bottom of the table.

Also this system can work in domestic leagues only ! the time period you are suggesting 4 months, is a great deal in international cricket. You dont even know how much money ICC and the cricket boards make with their schedules.

cheers !

Padosan

Edited on, September 16, 2005, 5:44 PM GMT, by Padosan.
Old September 16, 2005, 02:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
O smart one! Its time you moved on to a place where people were less dillusional eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY
Quote:
6ALLTHEWAY;

you lot cant face the hars reality of how shoot we really are!! you just want to us seen playing big teams so it gives every bangla cricket fan the illusion of us being somewhere top in international sport. how pathetic.
you obviously know, becoz ur already there.
Old September 16, 2005, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Padosan
Quote:
If BD can consistenatly beat lesser teams like India and WI on a consistant basis, then that's something that BD fans should start shouting about.
Can you explain your statement rohitha ? in what way . hahaha you gave me a good laugh.

Neways on the topic, 6Alltheway, you are suggesting a 2 tier system as pointed out by other posters. Now with the ICC scheduling, each team gets to play the other over a period of few years. They have points and ranking, as and when a team performs consistent throughout the period they climb up the ladder. This ladder is used to make the world cup draws too.

Staying on your point of view too, just think as if Bangladesh is in League 1 now. Bangladesh being granted test status is in itself a promotion, dont you think so ? well there are no relegations but if we keep performing badly we will always be in the bottom of the table.

Also this system can work in domestic leagues only ! the time period you are suggesting 4 months, is a great deal in international cricket. You dont even know how much money ICC and the cricket boards make with their schedules.

cheers !

Padosan

Edited on, September 16, 2005, 5:44 PM GMT, by Padosan.
maybe for international cricket thats not a good idea but
why isnt there more teams like us, with ODI's status? e.g scotland, usa, canada, will the ICC ever expand?
Old September 17, 2005, 03:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

maybe for international cricket thats not a good idea but
why isnt there more teams like us, with ODI's status? e.g scotland, usa, canada, will the ICC ever expand?
ICC will expand, thats why they are recognising all these nations also. It suits their business too, after all in the end it all comes to money. More nations, more sponsors, more fees, more money.

Zimbabwe/Bangladesh proving their supremacy in the 2nd division league tourney you suggested wont help their cricket anyways.

Remember its always olympic medals which are regarded and counted, not the ones in South-east-central-north-western-Asian games involving, ind/pak/ban/nepal/bhutan

cheers !

Padosan
Old September 17, 2005, 06:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

one reason that this thread was not getting replies in the beginning is that it basically hints at a 2-tier system, and there's been enough discussion on that in this very forum already, and the idea was proven to be "not workable". Simple as that.

and a point to those who keep saying "stop boasting about the wins against India and Australia" : WHY ? why's it so necessary to stop mentioning about it ? May I sense a jealousy in work here ? Those two wins have forever been included in the book of BD's cricketing glory, regardless of how much glory there's been about this team. It's the team that needs to be positive in the field, and being positive can happen with / without taking pride in those two memorable wins.
Old September 17, 2005, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster

and a point to those who keep saying "stop boasting about the wins against India and Australia" : WHY ? why's it so necessary to stop mentioning about it ? May I sense a jealousy in work here ? Those two wins have forever been included in the book of BD's cricketing glory, regardless of how much glory there's been about this team. It's the team that needs to be positive in the field, and being positive can happen with / without taking pride in those two memorable wins.
you are one of those who has more than 5 senses and i have big respect for them.