facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 30, 2005, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
Heh, thanks a lot ATMR

But really, student life is pretty hectic. Dawah bhai makes his point pretty clear, but I'm definitely not the type to go around sinning as he suggests many students do.

About the "parent's permission" thing. We are brought up to obey them, and that is a good thing. All of a sudden you want us to disobey them? Ultimately their intention is only for my own good.

But yes, there is no excuse for not trying your utmost for Allah. No matter what I say.
Bro, you did not understand my post. I did not say YOU are doing this or that. I made general statement for diff cases that you see around you.

And no one is asking you to disobey your parents. My point, again you missed was that, we obey our parents selectively.
When it is about our own pleasure, we do not ask permission from parents. Does any one ask his parents if he can get drunk or not? Does any one ask their parents if he can watch adult movies or not? No one asks, but why then we ask when we want to practice Islam? Is it that we do not want to do that ourselves and find an excuse that "my momy told me I do not need to pray salat in USA since I am a student".
Old October 1, 2005, 02:53 AM
Street Cricketer

This is my debut thread.........and some of comments of Dawah, had compelled me to write in this thread.

Well Dawah your efforts in explaining (or whatever u call it) tabligh is indeed commendable.but u were not up to the mark

lemme get staright to the point..the many things u said bout jaamat islam shows either you are too ill informed or sum1 never taught u the basics of islam...r u allergic to jaamat islami??? take the allergy pill claritin and read my next few paragraphs. Everytihng will fall into place..

i take this space to correct you...ye CORRECT you................

firstly , jaamati islam does'nt OR will never support grave worship cos jaaamt is sumthing that fights against shirk.......not support........u might hav seen sum jamat ppl doin that .....in dat case i had seen many tablighi freaks go to the movies to c the latest realease of bollywood.............what do u say?????

2ndly...........

'kiil kafir'..............oooo!!!!!! so pathetic.. and those lakhs (ye lakhs) of ppl in jaamati islam hav joined JI to kill kafirs.??? Hey u r jealous of JI's growing popularity and now did'nt know wht to do so ended up writing a cok and bull story .

jaamati islami brings politics into religion.then temme wht did Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) did 1400 years back.?
What was Hazrat Omar khatab raddhiallahanhu do?
i DO care to know the answer.....
and BTW how many wars did prophet mohammed(pbuh) fight??? isn't it all part of jihad..?even praying five times a day is jihad..take an arabic dictionary and browse.....

"WORK OF TABLIGH HAS EXPOSED JI"

wht kind of work...? are you guyz working for sum detective agency or what??..tabligh is so infamous in the arab world...and you make it feel it is the best way to BRING IN IMAN..

hey!!!! i hav written enough on debut..
conclusion
dawah ,

- write wht u c....don make up stories or false allegatons..( like indian newspapers...whn they are hungry for news they write whatever they wanna ...)

- write sumthin that makes sense..like wht u said earlier..JI engages in money earining activities..wht kind of statement was that...??

- by writing all this crap 'stuff' u are bringing a bad name to TJ itself....for instance jamati islam does'nt dislike TJ and in fact we ( i feel so proud in saying 'we') support anything that brings ppl to islam.....

lastly ,

i pray to the almighty that image of islam shud be brought in a more positive manner and not by having disputes among ourselves.......
Old October 1, 2005, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pirate

jaamati islami brings politics into religion.then temme wht did Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) did 1400 years back.?

tabligh is so infamous in the arab world...and you make it feel it is the best way to BRING IN IMAN..
I am not a a Tablighi but i need to comment on these 2 points.

1) Yes, the Prophet (pbuh) did so. But heres the thing.

Nowadays when many so-called religious parties bring politics in to religion, what they end up doing is supporting genocides like in 1971, and killing shias as in Pakistan, or justifying oppressive rulers.

If all "religious parties" had the same level of morality as the Prophet (pbuh) there is no harm in them having religion based politics. But unfortunately, what they often do is just supporting atrocities by Muslim govts. , despotic rulers in name of "unity", and so on and so forth.

I am not saying that all JI members are like that, but they did support pakistan in 1971 by misusing religion.

2)Why oh why are arab countries the benchmark of islam?Tablighis are infamous in arab world? Big deal!

Tabligh is not tolerated because they are paranoid of anything that may affect their despotism. Other religious parties sell fatwas to govts and thats why they are tolerated.
Arabs are not anyone to decide whats right and whats not, and specially when they ban tabligh but allow all sorts of unislamic practices like drinking, and prostituiton.
Old October 2, 2005, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

First of all, I am not a member of TJ. Dawah Bhai might attest that I am one of those who frequently present counter logic to his argument. At the same time I am not a fan of so called secularist party in Bangladesh. After reading this post, some might accuse me for that. I feel the post of pirate quite amusing. It tried to answer the post of Dawah Bhai by putting counter questions. I would try to answer the questions. Surely Dawah bhai would answer him later. As a former student of Chittagong College at the hey days of Islamic Chatro Sibir (ICS, the student wing of JI, Bangladesh) I have the first hand knowledge of observing the activities of the party. Also as our home is situtated in the heartland of so called base of ICS in Chittagong city. So I think this qualify me to answer the questions..

Quote:
Originally posted by pirate

firstly , jaamati islam does'nt OR will never support grave worship cos jaaamt is sumthing that fights against shirk.......not support........u might hav seen sum jamat ppl doin that .....in dat case i had seen many tablighi freaks go to the movies to c the latest realease of bollywood
But please remember firstly, there is a difference between grave worship and going to movies. While the first one is one of the sins that Allah would not forgive compare to that second one is minor. Secondly one of the principles of Dawah as I understand is to fight against yourself. As mentioned by you those brothers are freaked out or beaten by their own. What JI as the pole bearer of islam did to stop grave worship a violation of fundamental of Islam.

Quote:
2ndly...........

'kiil kafir'..............oooo!!!!!! so pathetic.. and those lakhs (ye lakhs) of ppl in jaamati islam hav joined JI to kill kafirs.??? .
I think dawah bhai made a mistake. JI did/does not kill kafir. They killed muslims, beat muslims mercilessly who goes against their will. Need example Ahamadiya riot in 1956 in Pakistan, 1971 in Bangladesh, numerous incidents in Chittagong and Rajshahi university. OOPs in the universities JI or student organizations (officially they do not have one) did nothing only defend. But ask any students of those universities you would find the answer. By the way, the founder of JI was condemned to death by Pakistan Supreme Court for inciting the riot in 1956. He saved his *** by one Ayub Khan president of Pakistan. IIf Sheikh Mujib were not so lenient most of the JI leaders of Bangladesh would have been hanged for their crime in 1971. Please also note that all most of JMB activist arrested are JI activist. Though JI disown them now.

Quote:
This is one of the FAQ by the so called Islamic party whenever one ask the question of religion and politics. Rasulallah (PBRU) never ever mixed religion with politics. If this was not the case Madina would not have been the first seculer state of the world. As far as I remember (I read those book long time ago) jews were ruled by book of Taorat, pagans by their own rules and Shariah was only imposed on muslims. The so called Jijiia tax was just like the present day taxes imposed by the present day states. By the way, I have the feeling that JI and its followers think that they are close to Rasulallah (PBUH) and Sahabies (RA) in terms of islamic practice. Allah save me and fellow muslims. By the way the activist of JI did say if you do not vote for JI you would be a Kafir during the election of 1991.

Quote:
and BTW how many wars did prophet mohammed(pbuh) fight??? isn't it all part of jihad..?even praying five times a day is jihad..take an arabic dictionary and browse.....
I agree that praying five times a day is jihad. But I ask you how many war prophet mohammed(pbuh) incited? Answer a big 0. And how many riots and mini battles started by JI and its followers. You have to go the news paper achieves both in Bangladesh and Pakistan and check from 1940 to know the answer. There are differences between engaging in war and inciting a war.

Quote:
.tabligh is so infamous in the arab world...and you make it feel it is the best way to BRING IN IMAN..
so to you Arabs are standard for practicing islam. So going to Bar, marrying as many girl as possible just for the sake of sex, gambling all allowed in Islam. I have nothing against arab. But all most all he Arabs I know are engaged in this. My friends and relatives who live in Arab world support my believe. tabligh is so infamous in the arab world because they exposed the islam that arab practice in the name of Islam.

Quote:
- write wht u c....don make up stories or false allegatons..( like indian newspapers...whn they are hungry for news they write whatever they wanna ...)
I am not a fan of Dawah. But I know and believe that those allegations are not false and he did not have to make up stories. Come on he is not a story writer. If it was that case he could send it to the so called seculerist newspapers of Bangladesh and earn money. Not spend his time in message board. SO i would advise you try to prove him or me wrong by putting logic and example not by asking questions or calling one's integrity.

Quote:
JI engages in money earining activities..wht kind of statement was that...??
I could not understand the last sentence. As political party JI need money. If it does not engage in money earning activity then what is the source of income of JI? Donation from Arab world! Chanadabazi in the areas where shibir is strong! I know they are engaged in Chandabazi because my house in Chittagong at one of the stronghold of ICS. Houseowners, businessman in Chawkbazar, Chandanpura, Bawklia and Sirajdawla road would testify it if you can give assurence that their life would not be in danger.

Quote:
- by writing all this crap 'stuff' u are bringing a bad name to TJ itself....for instance jamati islam does'nt dislike TJ and in fact we ( i feel so proud in saying 'we') support anything that brings ppl to islam.....
Dawah bhai is not bringing crap. He is actually trying to enlighten us with logic. So how many JI activist are TJ activist? So why there are so much in fighting between JI and the other Islamic party in the government? if you are truly proud to support anything that brings ppl to islam then there should not been any fight with your fellow islamic party. The bottom line is you are as hungry for power as those two big party AL and BNP. At least they are honest enough by not saying that they want to govern for the sake of Islam.

I am waiting for the reply of Pirate.
Old October 22, 2005, 12:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Good thread Dawah. Keep it up!
Old October 22, 2005, 10:45 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Great thread Dawah bhai. I've seen a lot of people in this forum disagree with you on matters of religion and despite their constantly remarks to discourage you, you have demonstrated your patience and knowledge to clarify a lot of misconception about the topic being discussed.

I think instead of picking out flaws of everything Dawah bhai or others have to say, it'd be more productive if we concentrated on the actual topic 'Dawah' and 'Tabligh' and their true approach to spread the words of Islam and self-reformation. Twisting each other's words, causing unnecessary dispute and blending political viewpoints with religion is not helping this discussion at all.

'Dawah' is an initiative, like a system to preach Islam to those who do not believe, to remind them why Islam is the right way and to invite them for joining Islam; and it is the duty of a Muslim to spread the words about Islam and to convince them Islam is the 'right' path.

Tabligh is an effort to help Muslims who are unaware and/or neglectant of the 'Islamic' lifestyle, the 'right' ways to live and make ourselves better Muslims.

My honest opinion is that everything Islamic is right as long as it is practised accurately and according to the Qur'an and the teachings of our Prophet (PBUH).

The reason why many seem to dislike this kind of approach is because they find it annoying, especially because some feel pressured by Dawah Tablighs or simply don't want to change their mind, which is natural. If one cannot convince someone that Islam is the right path despite his best efforts, he must not force the person into accepting Islam because to Allah only that person is responsible for his own personal preferences. The idea of Dawah or Tabligh's extreme approach is simply not right, nor correct because there are always people misinterprete it likewise people who do not simply don't comprehend because of their ignorance.

Before resorting to denial, one must look at the true purpose of these efforts and how it will be beneficial for him/her. Misconception will only occur if you have a preconceived notion that the entire idea behind it is wrong or useless. If you do not believe in it, then at least respect it. On the other hand, those who practise this effort should know and accept the negative outcome.

If you just happen to be Muslim by birth but have little or no belief in the religion, then tabligh will apply its best efforts to help you reform yourself and learn why Islam is the right and true purpose of life. It will help you rectify yourself, and understand how it will be beneficial for you to pray regulary, practise the key roles of a Muslim and refrain from doing the unIslamic things. You could be a Muslim who truly believes in Allah but not pray 5 times a day despite having plenty of time to do so, because you are lazy, forgetful or due to similar reasons - and tabligh is there to help you reform yourself and help you discipine your life in accordance to Islam.

Dawah's purpose is similar, but mainly to invite and inform others about Islam, its benefits and significance to our lives, and it is a duty for Muslims to guide also non-believers into the 'right' path of Islam.

If you do not agree to this type of approach, you are either in denial or feeling under pressure because you do not understand what it is all about or may be the person telling you about it has got it all wrong.

As long as politics and radicalism are kept apart from this approach, there is nothing critically wrong about its intention; it's just how people perceive them differently. There is no harm in giving it a go or at least showing same respect that you'd expect others to show your beliefs.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings to some extent.

Edited on, October 23, 2005, 6:21 AM GMT, by Hatebreed.
Old October 23, 2005, 01:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax

ia leading egyptian imam here told me that the saudi government has banned all forms tablighi jamat b'cos they feel islam cannot be spread by just siiting in one corner of a mosque and carrying out religious discussions...............iSLAM IS MORE PRACTICAL

wht is ur say???
ur all wrong dude. tabhligh isnt about sitting in one place. its about knocking on ur neighbours door and kindly inviting him to Islam. and the saudi govn has not banned dawah. infact they have scholars assigned for dawah in different places at scheduled times. i've lived in riyadh since childhood and i've noticed. i've been in the tabhligh for a few days too and have seen how tabhligh actually works. its a completely different environment and there is no way anyone can feel bad in it. the way that the tabhligh plans their moves and then goes to their designated place for Dawah is amazing. people cannot help but admire. Many say that "tabhligh is wrong, it is not ordered by Allah. It is not right to leave ur family and go away for days and days." utter rubbish. why do u think our last Prophet (PBUH) left his family and went to places to preach? If Dawah isnt carried out, then how will nonmuslims know about Islam? it is our ( the muslims) duty to preach our religion. or else we will be accounted for on the day of judgement for the ignorance of the kafers. it is a duty on every muslim whether u like it or not.
Old October 23, 2005, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well said hatebreed bhai.

there are a few religion haters on the forum, a tiny minority of the posters. and they have every right to believe (or disbelieve) what ever they want "lakum deenukum, wa liya deen." however that very right also allows dawah to believe what he believes, namely to spread the Word.

unfortunately, many people are against islam, because of the actions of the fanatics. i oppose those actions as well, but in a rational approach. white men raped and pillaged our lands, but that doesn't mean that all whites are evil.

people are opposed to dawah, because of his and other tablighis' persistance. they find it annoying. personally, i would call upon ppl one time. if they turn a blind eye, then i would find someone else. i do not agree fully, with the tablighi approach.

however, those against must also see, that muslims often times face the same pressures. repeated urgings to do this or that. is that not annoying. remember that disagreements require two parties, not just one. so we should all be more receptive to one another.

Edited on, October 23, 2005, 6:59 PM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old October 23, 2005, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax

ia leading egyptian imam here told me that the saudi government has banned all forms tablighi jamat b'cos they feel islam cannot be spread by just siiting in one corner of a mosque and carrying out religious discussions...............iSLAM IS MORE PRACTICAL

wht is ur say???
ur all wrong dude. tabhligh isnt about sitting in one place. its about knocking on ur neighbours door and kindly inviting him to Islam. and the saudi govn has not banned dawah. infact they have scholars assigned for dawah in different places at scheduled times. i've lived in riyadh since childhood and i've noticed. i've been in the tabhligh for a few days too and have seen how tabhligh actually works. its a completely different environment and there is no way anyone can feel bad in it. the way that the tabhligh plans their moves and then goes to their designated place for Dawah is amazing. people cannot help but admire. Many say that "tabhligh is wrong, it is not ordered by Allah. It is not right to leave ur family and go away for days and days." utter rubbish. why do u think our last Prophet (PBUH) left his family and went to places to preach? If Dawah isnt carried out, then how will nonmuslims know about Islam? it is our ( the muslims) duty to preach our religion. or else we will be accounted for on the day of judgement for the ignorance of the kafers. it is a duty on every muslim whether u like it or not.
Old October 23, 2005, 11:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well said, mueid bhai...took the words right outta my mouth

on another note, i would just like to clarify. the prophet (saw) may have left his family for a number of days. but he did not neglect his family. what many tablighis do, is neglect their families.

i personally know of tablighis who call people to islam. and that is good. if they have converted 200 people to islam, then mashallah. but, their families are in dissarray. i do not mean to backbite or judge, but from all indications his children have gone astray. so what good is it if you convert 200, and your OWN children go astray. kinda ironic, huh?

that being said, it is an incumbent duty for muslims to call others to islam. those who do not, are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for the damnation of the kuffar.

any muslim who rejects this, his islam is questionable. how can one say "i have the truth, but i will only keep it for myself." that is the ultimate selfishness.

Edited on, October 24, 2005, 4:26 AM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old October 24, 2005, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

As usual, Al Furqaan makes a clear statement of the issue After all these discussions, my feeling is that

1) Inviting non-Muslims towards islam and encouraging muslims to practise more is incumbent upon every Muslim, based on the Prophet's teachings

2) The Prophet (pbuh) left his family for the sake of Allah, what he did not do is
i) Fix Jamaats for 3 and 40 days
ii) Have a separate movement for Dawah with their own rules. Dawah work can be performed within the domains of Islam without adhering to any sort of sect like Tablighi Jamaat

3) It is perfectly ok to do Dawah work without joining the Tabligh and following their strict time-based Jamaat

And Allah knows best.
Old October 24, 2005, 12:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
1) Inviting non-Muslims towards islam and encouraging muslims to practise more is incumbent upon every Muslim, based on the Prophet's teachings
Both is present in the effort of tabligh.

Quote:
2) The Prophet (pbuh) left his family for the sake of Allah, what he did not do is
i) Fix Jamaats for 3 and 40 days
There are ways of doing things. For example, it takes avg 4 years to get an undergrad degree in Electrical engineering with 136 credit hours. When you talk to the admissions office of US universities, they always tell you, for full time students, EE program is of 4 years. It is a system they have set up in the USA that requires approximately 4 years to finish EE undergrad.

Similarly, Tabligh has set up a system of making effort on Iman and it ask that every trainee spend 3-days a month, 40-days a year and 4-month for a full course.

Did Nabi(saw) set up a time for education system of Universities where we all go and get degrees? Did he(saw) said that you all to get your EE undergrad in 4 years?
Lets go far back, did Nabi(saw) say that we will need to take S.S.C exam after 10 years of school and then after 2 years of colleague take HSC? No one has problem with these "innovations" (B'idah).

All these "innovations" of School/collage/SSC/HSC/Universities fall in the category of "Good innovations" and is permitted in Islam. These are all systems, and not considered a "sunnah" or an "Ibadah." Similarly, tabligh is an effort which has set up its own system of training Muslims to build their Iman and Yakeen by going out in jamats for 3days, 40days or 4 months. When we ask Muslims to go out for those number of days, we do present a fixed set of numbers. But, it depends on each individual situation how much they can really spend. 5 Somali brothers from my city went out for 4-months. But, they came back after 3-months due to financial reasons. Tabligh work is flexible.

If you are determined to fool yourself that tabligh work is wrong by claiming it has fixed days of making effort which Nabi(saw) did not do, then you should also look at your entire life and ask which of the things that you did was directly permitted or allowed by Nabi(saw)? If your criteria were true, we should discard all modern teachings of science, engineering and medicine and none of us should have come to the west to gain higher educations in the system that was not approved by Nabi(saw). There are fixed credit hours or fixed amount of course work to complete to gain most degrees!

But, your logic is simply wrong. Just like the modern education system is perfectly allowed in Islam, the method of tabligh is also allowed. They fall under the same category of system of doing things, and are not considered Fardh or Sunnah etc.

No one in tabligh ever claims that it is "Fardh" or "Wajib" or "Sunnah" to go out for 3-days or 40-days or 4-months.
We encourage Muslims to go out in the path of Allah and then are give them a set of time frame. 1st part, going in path of Allah is an Islamic practice and very rewarding. 2nd part, the time frames are "systems/methods/tarteebs".

Administration is the primary reason of 3-days/40-days/4-month jamats. Think logically, how can we prepare jamats of 10 Muslims unless we fix a set time the jamat will be out in the path of Allah? A full jamat is 7-10 members. If a fix time is not set, there will never be a full jamat. Some brothers will go for 10 days, some will go for 11 days, some will go fo 24 days. It will be an utter mess.

Now because we have set days, we have full jamats of 7-10 bothers going out for 40days, 4-months etc.

Really, you got to be intelligent to understand the wisdom behind the system of tabligh work :duh:. For a better understanding, consider going out for at least 3 days with your local Masjid.

Quote:
ii) Have a separate movement for Dawah with their own rules. Dawah work can be performed within the domains of Islam without adhering to any sort of sect like Tablighi Jamaat
Tabligh is an effort, every Muslim should make an effort of Imam and tabligh is giving the opportunity. Calling it a sect show nothing more than your lack of understanding even the very basics of Islam.

Quote:
3) It is perfectly ok to do Dawah work without joining the Tabligh and following their strict time-based Jamaat
Yes, it is 100% ok. But, who else other than tabligh doing the work of dawah especially going and brining back the lost Muslims?

Edited on, October 24, 2005, 5:53 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old October 24, 2005, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan

i personally know of tablighis who call people to islam. and that is good. if they have converted 200 people to islam, then mashallah. but, their families are in dissarray. i do not mean to backbite or judge, but from all indications his children have gone astray. so what good is it if you convert 200, and your OWN children go astray. kinda ironic, huh?
When a huge number of people are involved, quality is bound to go down. In Bangladesh/Pakistan/India, there are a lot of brothers with the work of Tabligh do ignore their families. And there are even more brothers who take care of their families and also the tabligh work.

But, tabligh brothers are like white cloths. A little black spot is detected instantly. So when tabligh brothers make 1 mistake, it is rememberd, announced and published all over. Those who are active in tabligh are also human. And human, unlike angels make a LOT of mistakes.

Most tablighi families children are in Much better shape then non-tablighies at least in the west where quality of tabligh work is higher since the number is less. Tablighi kids are well behaved, well educated Islamically, and in worldly matters in every part in Western world. And mutual love and respect between husband and wife is admired in every society.

Tabligh is the effort of brining 100% Islam in our lives. Things are bound to be better for those who make effort of Iman rather than those who dont. Since Islam is prefect, its true followers are bound to have a perfect lifestyle.

If you find it hard to believe, start going out in the path of Allah and you will see the changes yourself.

Edited on, October 24, 2005, 5:49 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old October 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
Test Cricketer

MashAllah Hatebreed, you have great insight.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
The reason why many seem to dislike this kind of approach is because they find it annoying, especially because some feel pressured by Dawah Tablighs or simply don't want to change their mind, which is natural. If one cannot convince someone that Islam is the right path despite his best efforts, he must not force the person into accepting Islam because to Allah only that person is responsible for his own personal preferences. The idea of Dawah or Tabligh's extreme approach is simply not right, nor correct because there are always people misinterprete it likewise people who do not simply don't comprehend because of their ignorance.
What is an extreme approch?
Some narations say Nabi(saw) visit AbuJahal 772 times to invite him to Islam, Abu Jahal was not even a Muslim.
Nabi(saw) was insulted on every visit to Abu Jahal, but he(saw) did not stop visiting or inviting him to Islam.
Would you call the action of Nabi(saw) visiting Abu Jahal so many times extreme?

If Nabi(saw) was so concerned about the well being of a Non-Muslim, how much concerned we should be for the well being of a Muslim? No one likes change. Those of our Muslim brothers are away from Islam, do not want to come back to Islam. If you would go and visit a Muslim any day of the year, you will experience denial. Although that brother will know he is doing wrong, he will not be ready to change in your 1 visit. 1st visit is just the start of years of effort that might be needed to bring this 1 brother back to Islam.

There are also "rotten" apples in Tabligh. There are some brothers who cannot take a refusal, and end up treating those who refuse very rudely. I have seen that myself also. These type of people do a lot of damage to tabligh reputation. But, these type of people are not easy to deal with and since in Tabligh there is no "boss", we can only encourage ourselves to treat others better and with proper Akhlaq.

Edited on, October 24, 2005, 6:06 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old October 24, 2005, 10:13 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawah
MashAllah Hatebreed, you have great insight.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
What is an extreme approch?
Some narations say Nabi(saw) visit AbuJahal 772 times to invite him to Islam, Abu Jahal was not even a Muslim.
Nabi(saw) was insulted on every visit to Abu Jahal, but he(saw) did not stop visiting or inviting him to Islam.
Would you call the action of Nabi(saw) visiting Abu Jahal so many times extreme?

If Nabi(saw) was so concerned about the well being of a Non-Muslim, how much concerned we should be for the well being of a Muslim?
I did not refer to any extreme approach taken by Prophet (PBUH) to invite Abu Jahel to Islam.

I was referring to what many people nowadays claim about the 'forceful' nature of some Tabligh preachers because this 'not giving up' approach ends up being a threat to that individual's liberty of making personal choices.

Although most of these people are in denial and ignorance, it is widely expected that others will accept what they want to believe and not intervene with their decision. Eventhough our Prophet was successful at his consistent effort hundreds of years ago, 'religion' and 'becoming religious' have turned into an sophisticated and often controversial subject for people to agree with, also because there are so many other beliefs and philosophy involved at present that makes the tabligh approach become redundant.

Besides, no matter how nicely, patiently and convincingly a Tabligh preacher attempts to relay this effort at present day, chances are a modern day Abu Jahel will call for the Police. You also have to take into consideration various controversial, political, fundementalism and social-context issues that now surrounds Islam in this modern age. Altogether, the tabligh approach can end up being and 'somewhat is' seen as extreme.