facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 3, 2005, 01:49 PM
BangladeshFan's Avatar
BangladeshFan BangladeshFan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 16, 2004
Posts: 2,158
Default significance of javed omar

i have read some threads regarding javed is in super touch. and that he is catching well. javed is always a good fielder but question is should he be in the side just because he can catch. 18 runs in 36 balls, is it called in form? the guy is a horrible batsman for one dayers because he cant improvise and take singles. he has a few full strokes which can be cut off easily if opposition does a little research. he will invariable eat up the restricted overs where valuable runs could have been scored. he was solely responsible for the last ODI game in england where bd had wickets in hand but ended up little over 200.

he is still useful for test match, and that is not because he is technically sound but just that he can take the shine off the new ball. he can still partner with s.nafis in tests assuming he will actually do better than nafis iqbal. but for one dayers, i think using either aftab or rajin saleh will be right move to partner s.nafis.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old September 3, 2005, 01:57 PM
roaring tigerz roaring tigerz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 24, 2004
Location: Washington DC
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 1,195

i second that...jo needs to go!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 3, 2005, 02:02 PM
kalimdor's Avatar
kalimdor kalimdor is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 9, 2004
Location: in my room, bk
Posts: 936

agree
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 4, 2005, 03:04 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,384

JO is not the best fielder, nor he is the best batsman. He does not possess the talent and shots. Yet in the current ODI serise he scored 14 (16), 18 (36), 18 (26). As an openner this is not a good score yet in BD team he is above so many players.

Ash 4 (4), 31 (54), 0 (3) - Dropped catch
Aftab 2 (17), 18 (24), 1 (9) - missed stumping
Tushar 6 (18), 31 (37), 13 (34) - missed simple catch w/ gloves on
Bashar 14 (29), 41 (47), 1 (2) - missed catch and had several taki mas for 4.

If JO goes because of his slow stricking rate and low run then what will happen to our best inconsistant superstar match winners? You make the call.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 4, 2005, 04:29 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,542

yeah...why dont we all make him the easy scapegoat for the current misery...after all..he has always been that..hasnt he ?

no one talks about the failure of our "talented" batsmen like ash, aftab, tushar n co...its only a problem when JO doenst bat well..

at least he is the only top order batsmen alongwith abir who actually reached double figure in every single match in SL...

that is a great excuse to chop him off the team....
why dont we kick abir as welll....cuz he's got long hair !!

hey fellas...we got bowled out for 108....yeah thats 1 0 8...
i guess we need player like javed to stick to the crease..let that be odi or test..cuz our other talented stroke makers seems to loose their touch....

its players like javed...the underrated unsung heroes whoz got our team goin on ...cuz they always perform moderately good enough... i'd rather have javed in the team scoring 20 something in every odi than ashraful who is makin a century in one match..and not even gettin to double figure in the next 10 matches...





Edited on, September 4, 2005, 9:35 AM GMT, by Sydney.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 4, 2005, 05:56 AM
sunny747's Avatar
sunny747 sunny747 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2004
Posts: 1,929

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydney
yeah...why dont we all make him the easy scapegoat for the current misery...after all..he has always been that..hasnt he ?

no one talks about the failure of our "talented" batsmen like ash, aftab, tushar n co...its only a problem when JO doenst bat well..

at least he is the only top order batsmen alongwith abir who actually reached double figure in every single match in SL...

that is a great excuse to chop him off the team....
why dont we kick abir as welll....cuz he's got long hair !!

hey fellas...we got bowled out for 108....yeah thats 1 0 8...
i guess we need player like javed to stick to the crease..let that be odi or test..cuz our other talented stroke makers seems to loose their touch....

its players like javed...the underrated unsung heroes whoz got our team goin on ...cuz they always perform moderately good enough... i'd rather have javed in the team scoring 20 something in every odi than ashraful who is makin a century in one match..and not even gettin to double figure in the next 10 matches...





Edited on, September 4, 2005, 9:35 AM GMT, by Sydney.

THank you sydney..i totally agree with you...i still don't understand why some of our bc members can talk so rubbish......
JO has to be there whatever be the case.......it's better to play full 50 overs than getting out in shamefull 1 0 8. ATleast he can make some runs. Coz of him S.naffis can play some strokes , he knows JO will be there. This is the rules of ODI, one try to stick to the crease and other partner try's for anything.............

atleast our openers gave us a good start, it is our heroic batsman has to prolong the rest....but they fail everytime.........

I totally support Sydney, we should have players like JO who can reach double figure in every match rather not scoring in 10 innnings.

Edited on, September 4, 2005, 10:59 AM GMT, by sunny747.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 4, 2005, 06:09 AM
istiak's Avatar
istiak istiak is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,101

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
i have read some threads regarding javed is in super touch. and that he is catching well. javed is always a good fielder but question is should he be in the side just because he can catch. 18 runs in 36 balls, is it called in form? the guy is a horrible batsman for one dayers because he cant improvise and take singles. he has a few full strokes which can be cut off easily if opposition does a little research. he will invariable eat up the restricted overs where valuable runs could have been scored. he was solely responsible for the last ODI game in england where bd had wickets in hand but ended up little over 200.

he is still useful for test match, and that is not because he is technically sound but just that he can take the shine off the new ball. he can still partner with s.nafis in tests assuming he will actually do better than nafis iqbal. but for one dayers, i think using either aftab or rajin saleh will be right move to partner s.nafis.
BROTHER!!

Can you show my any better and consistant performer in BD side than JO? Our so called superstar Ash scored 3 ducks ot of four innings after Eng tour and so is true with others. Look at todays match after his diperture ........................

Just don't talk non-sense.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 4, 2005, 06:23 AM
sunny747's Avatar
sunny747 sunny747 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2004
Posts: 1,929

Few months ago, i talked about javed in this forum and gave some points abt how he is so important to us........i still remember, i had to face sheer criticism from some of the whiners here......sorry abt my language...just frustated.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 4, 2005, 07:49 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,542

Thanks sunny....at least someone got my point...

JO is NOT the best batsman in the team...
nor is the excellent... but as dav himself said something like this once..
"its players like Javed who knows his limitations and plays accordingly, while ash has got all the shots in the book under his arms..but go n gets a duck.."

once our other batsman starts to play consistent cricket for good...we can say Javed good bye with honour...but not now..not at least in the near future...

for god's sake..give him a break....

to BangladeshFan...the significance of javed??

well..he is one of the most important player in the side....whom we can count on...

.............i rest my case.........
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 5, 2005, 07:06 AM
anthrax's Avatar
anthrax anthrax is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 23, 2005
Posts: 87

javed is a gr8 player , batsmen and an awesome feilder..............he's got the guts maan....temme (whoever started this boring thread)......could u go out there and face those fearsome fast bowlers and that too wid the new bowl..........no right????.........then why start this meaningless thread on one of bangladesh's best openers..............

he wastes balls right...........??let him...........atleast the wickets dont outnumber the runs whn he is batting (this is wht happens in bangladesh's case)............

long live JO
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 5, 2005, 08:55 AM
6alltheway 6alltheway is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 29, 2005
Posts: 736

i agree with the thread starter, he has some good techniques but he cant apply them to make singles or 2 runs. He is consistant though but all he needs to learn is to use the bat to apply good strokes and turn those dot balls into 1 or 2s.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 5, 2005, 09:42 AM
CricTiger's Avatar
CricTiger CricTiger is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 28, 2005
Posts: 835

Can we rest this issue for ever .JO is doing OK and he should be there to give us a good start.He has been keeping wickets in one side for others who can play their natural game !

JO an SN will open our innings for a while whether you like it or not.This is a fact .
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 5, 2005, 01:59 PM
sham1980 sham1980 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 6, 2005
Location: London
Posts: 377

There are other's who need to be picked on before Javed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 5, 2005, 07:58 PM
sasharif sasharif is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 28, 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydney
yeah...why dont we all make him the easy scapegoat for the current misery...after all..he has always been that..hasnt he ?

no one talks about the failure of our "talented" batsmen like ash, aftab, tushar n co...its only a problem when JO doenst bat well..

at least he is the only top order batsmen alongwith abir who actually reached double figure in every single match in SL...

that is a great excuse to chop him off the team....
why dont we kick abir as welll....cuz he's got long hair !!

hey fellas...we got bowled out for 108....yeah thats 1 0 8...
i guess we need player like javed to stick to the crease..let that be odi or test..cuz our other talented stroke makers seems to loose their touch....

its players like javed...the underrated unsung heroes whoz got our team goin on ...cuz they always perform moderately good enough... i'd rather have javed in the team scoring 20 something in every odi than ashraful who is makin a century in one match..and not even gettin to double figure in the next 10 matches...

I agree 100%. Barring Atahar Ali, he is our best opener both in ODI and Test.



Edited on, September 4, 2005, 9:35 AM GMT, by Sydney.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 21, 2005, 10:35 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,172

Great Job JO in this tour.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 21, 2005, 11:07 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,384

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Great Job JO in this tour.
Great Job HB, Ash, Aftab, Tushar, Rafique etc.in this tour.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 21, 2005, 12:22 PM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

Quote:
Originally posted by sham1980@hotmail.com
There are other's who need to be picked on before Javed.
Right!

I think, even I can bat better than 'any' BD players in current team.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old November 29, 2005, 06:08 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,172

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny747
Few months ago, i talked about javed in this forum and gave some points abt how he is so important to us........i still remember, i had to face sheer criticism from some of the whiners here......sorry abt my language...just frustated.
Try one more time. May be after 2 centuries, this time you will face less criticism.

Instead of creating a new JO thread, just recycled this one
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 1, 2005, 12:31 AM
syedmahm's Avatar
syedmahm syedmahm is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 432

I dont think JO is bad. Rather he plays according to his ability. And I like this more than that of how our so called over rated talented batsmen throwing wickets in the name of stroke playing in almost matches! Its shame to me that we just dont know which thing is to be highlighted more! Is this really very important, to be out after making 8 in 10 balls? May be some of us like this, as we like to watch two boundaries ! GOOD IEDA indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 1, 2005, 01:16 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 22,099

As myself. Completely as myself. Not as mod et al.

Anyone who does not understand the value of JO does not understand the cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 1, 2005, 01:55 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,677

right you are, sir.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 1, 2005, 02:09 AM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Rightly said Zunaid bhai.

But let me point out to you all there is a big difference b/w the Javed Omar we have now and the one we had before. In about last one year, JO has really developed good batting skills. Note the keyword, SKILLS. He is not talented, never was. He now has the experience and the good skills. Earlier the only things I used to see is JO going out in the field and holding his bat - no shots, not much knowledge of the ball, not much foot movements and bad prediction. I would say now he has overcome many of his shortcomings. My comments are soley based on watching his recent and earlier games.

And yes, he was always needed in BD team for different reasons. As for now, to give us a good start.

Our youngsters have a lot to learn from Javed. Posing talent would be of no use if you can't apply it in your game, the need to keep develping your own batting and bowling, improving concentration and HARD WORK. These are JO's recipe to be successful and I bet is gonna work for all our bowlers and batsmen to be successful if they start implementing it.

Edited on, December 1, 2005, 7:16 AM GMT, by Ehsan.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 1, 2005, 09:53 AM
syedmahm's Avatar
syedmahm syedmahm is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
As myself. Completely as myself. Not as mod et al.

Anyone who does not understand the value of JO does not understand the cricket.
Quote:
Originally posted by syedmahm
I dont think JO is bad. Rather he plays according to his ability. And I like this more than that of how our so called over rated talented batsmen throwing wickets in the name of stroke playing in almost matches! Its shame to me that we just dont know which thing is to be highlighted more! Is this really very important, to be out after making 8 in 10 balls? May be some of us like this, as we like to watch two boundaries ! GOOD IEDA indeed.
_____

Agree
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 1, 2005, 12:01 PM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

well experience definately counts..... he is one of the experienced guy we have in our team..... slowly but surely he is learning how to be productive.....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 1, 2005, 01:27 PM
Ahmed_B's Avatar
Ahmed_B Ahmed_B is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 3, 2004
Posts: 5,578

The best thing I like about JO is that he is improving steadily with time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket