facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2002, 09:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Article

Click here for the article

Old October 24, 2002, 12:24 PM
Street Cricketer

I forgot my pass, so I had to register again.

Thank you handle for sharing that article. He pointed out publicly the points we were trying to make all these times. My fav. part (true part) -even though I don't agree with it, was this:

Quote:
What is needed first however is heart ?and Bangladesh have that in huge doses.
We see that mostly in our FANS, in our PLAYERS (atleast some) and hope to see that in our umpires against the WI

But the sad part will be if Bangladesh remains like this all the time. Bangladeshi players don't really improve much. I think Fwalluah once mentioned, that these teens will soon be like shantos, and akrams - hopefully not. Just look at football - you see all those Bengali little kids playing in the street like little Ronaldo and little Diego - (BD u-15 once beat Brazil U-15 or 13 - once, long time ago). But the sad part is when they are at their 'peak' age - like 18-25, you see them still playing like little Ronaldo and little Diego losing to little India by Big margin.

There was an article I read in SA newspaper which looked at bigger picture. It said giving test status to new countries is a step toward globalizing cricket - so it was right for BD.

P.S. Enough about BD and test status!!! Ei subject niye porte porte ekhon bomi ashe.

[Edited on 24-10-2002 by Dimorph]
Old October 24, 2002, 12:33 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thanks for sharing the article handle. I cant agree more. Before this serise, I was thinking BD will score 30 and 40 in 2 innings. But they.... (I didnt say anything Tehsin and Sham).

I shall speak after the tour.

By the way, if any of you forget the password, just contact tehsin bhai, and he can reset the password for you.
Old October 24, 2002, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

I am sure everyone on this board loved reading that article. I have always said that only playing the best sides will allow us to improve. We arent going to do it playing mediocre teams and definitely not by playing our domestic cricket unless the pitches are improved and the National League is made much more competitive.

However, other countries can do us a big favour by giving us a lot more 4 days games against their first class sides. We only get 2 Tests when we tour, but if we could get 3 or 4 four day games against their top first class sides and not County Districts XIs, we would improve much faster. The schedule for this tour is ridiculous, we got one three day game against a terrible side and then we are expected to take on SA in back to back Test Matches. As a full member of ICC, we shouldn't put up with this bullshit. England get to play 4 games before the first Test against Australia. If they need four matches to get used to Aussie conditions, how are we expected to do it in one three day game against an assortment of their best village XI?
Old October 24, 2002, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I liked reading that article. It's cool how a bideshi can put our heartfelt feelings about our team in words in such a warm and lucid fashion.
Old October 24, 2002, 09:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default sigh....

this is just too good....I have a midterm first thing tomorrow...and this is just what I needed to cheer up
GO BANGLADESH......
Old October 24, 2002, 10:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Article made me happy. Thanks for posting.

Did anyone saw the CricInfo's headline?

"Former Bangladesh Cricket Board chief arrested"

Here it is...

[Edited on 25-10-2002 by nasif]
Old October 25, 2002, 12:03 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default My Fav paragraph ....

"Questioning the right of Bangladesh to play Test cricket is simply arrogant playing at the top is not as much about the results as it is about the intensity and seriousness with which a side plays the game Bangladesh have that, they deserve their Test status and pretty soon somebody is going to under-estimate them once too often and give the Asians their first Test win."

Come on West Indies, your A team under estimated Canada and look what happened there. Just for continuity's sake, I think the seniors should do the same against Bangladesh.