facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
Test Cricketer

So what?.. he is a much better batsman than alok and he should be kept in the team. Period.

Old March 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Rahim shpuld play test cricket but not now, may be after a year or two. He has tremendous potential, but you should not dent his confidence by throwing him in front Murali almost without any preparation. This is the same way we have jeopardised the career of a bunch of young players like Hannan Sarkar, Nafis Iqbal to name a few. What were the selectors thinking... Tendulkar is getting born in Bangladesh in every other day?

Edited on, March 11, 2006, 4:08 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.
Old March 11, 2006, 12:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

বছরের পর বছর ক্রিকেট খেলিবার পরও পর পর দুই ইনিংসে এক-দুই বল খেলিয়া প্যাভিলিয়নে ফিরিতেছিলেন বহু বাংলাদেশী ব্যাটসম্যানেরা! আর্শ্চয্য হই - তখন এই মুশফিকুর বিমুখ মানুষগুলি ছিলেন কোথায়? তখন কি অন্য কারো মাথা দাবি করার মত সুযোগ ছিলনা? আমিতো অলক ভক্ত নহি। শুরু হইতে অলোকের অন্তভুক্তির প্রতিবাদ করিতেছিলাম। কই, এমন অভিজ্ঞতাসম্পন্ন হ্যাট্ট্রিকধারী অলোকের ব্যর্থতার পর কি আমি বা আমার মত অলোক-বিমুখেরা অলোক-প্রিয়দের মুন্ডপাত করিতে বসিয়া গিয়াছিলাম? এক বা দুই টেস্ট-এ ব্যার্থতা দিয়া যদি একজন ব্যাটসম্যানকে বিচার করা যাইত, তাহা হইলে অরবিন্দ, আতাপাতু এবং লো ভিন্সেন্ট এর মত তারকাদের জন্ম হইতনা!!!!
Old March 11, 2006, 12:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Rahim is a talent, but he needs time to bloom. And frankly he got plenty of time. he is some 17 only.
Old March 11, 2006, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Story of one-eyed begger!

Quote:
Originally posted by tanvir_nus
I have always stood firm against Rahim's inclusion. Fortunately or unfortunately it has been proved right, but at the same time it is fortunate that this whole episode happenned. The selectors will now think twice before including an amatured u-19 player. I hope this failure stops the joke they make of the national team-11.

Rahim is undoubtedly an asset. But as a keeper, as a batsmen he has a long way to go. I haven't seen him as a captain in any form of game so won't comment on it. But I am glad that Rahim failed. Hopefully the media will criticize the inclusion the members of banglacricket and give the selectors the nightmere of their life because it is their sheer stupidity which causes the natural grooming of talented players to be damaged and lost without a trace in the process of time .
Reminds me of a story (or a variation of it):
There were two beggars. They always used to beg together. One day they found a magic lamp. Since, they both found it together the genie of the lamp would obey both their commands. But, the more greedy beggar wanted all for himself. He asked the genie for a house, the genie gave him a house and gave the other beggar two. He then asked for a car, the genie gave him a car and gave them the other one two. Now the greedy beggar was very disappointed. He was jealous of his colleagues wealth. He called up the genie and asked for one last favour, "Please make me one-eyed".
Old March 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mafizraju
Please for the sake of the future please let him settle down and learn how to play before including him to the team again and to all the fans who shows the audacity to think even to replace Masud ...think again!!!
Wats rohim huh

his name is Rahim f*ol u ppl shud learn the proper way of saying names.
Very old arabic names and u pervert them?
Old March 11, 2006, 01:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Toutais

Wats rohim huh

his name is Rahim f*ol u ppl shud learn the proper way of saying names.
Very old arabic names and u pervert them?
Whats that supposed to mean????????
Old March 11, 2006, 06:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

have you guys heard of rohim robban?
lol.
The moment i saw someone spelling Rahim as "rohim" i could not stop laughing!

Hairay banganli!

Edited on, March 11, 2006, 11:45 PM GMT, by Mon.